Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:47:55 pm

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: Garbage Day 2019 - May 18  (Read 40683 times)

KingKalamari

• Cephalopod Enthusiast
  • Paid
  • It's Samba time for Tambo & Weep Day for Urine Man
Garbage Day 2019 - May 18 #120
Not sure if anyone else has brought this to your attention yet, but...

Nikaer Drekin, June 01, 2019, 09:15:12 pm

I think this kind of demonstrates the big problem with any of these "songify my lyrics, bro!" type of websites, which is that you can still have a good song with terrible lyrics but you can't have a good song with no music behind it. So all of these instances of people posting their "masterful" song lyrics that just need music behind them are just another case of "I have a great idea for a thing, I just need someone to do the work!".

If you can't write actual music to go with the stuff you post (Like our good friend Mr. Cicerega does) you're not a songwriter.

Adam Bozarth

• Your friend on the internet
  • Ridiculist
  • [File Photo]
Garbage Day 2019 - May 18 #121
It is just maddening how talented Neil Cicierega is and has always been.
Hux Lemon Wrought Nikaer Drekin Bodark Corn Syrup

EYE OF ZA

• some people's reactions such as the fuck,the hell,wtf, or what the hell
  • Paid
  • I have a problem and then I have another problem
Garbage Day 2019 - May 18 #122
The part from the vamper forums where they say that vampires have higher energy than humans made me imagine a vampire who has to stick their teeth into a little UK-to-US travel adapter to bite someone.
A Meat lazzer grardaion?

A Moose

• Paid
Garbage Day 2019 - May 18 #123
Does anyone know what music Boots used in the first theme song? I swear I've heard it before but I can't remember what it is

Boots Raingear

• BBQ Man-Pop
  • Administrator
  • CEO of Victor's basement
Garbage Day 2019 - May 18 #124
Does anyone know what music Boots used in the first theme song? I swear I've heard it before but I can't remember what it is
A Moose, June 05, 2019, 04:43:51 pm

With the exception of the Doomsday Preppers hour, I recorded/sequenced all of those songs from scratch. Track one was, however, a bit of a ripoff of Nomeansno's Now

Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop Dr. Buttplug
« Last Edit: June 06, 2019, 08:05:36 am by Boots Raingear »

sambair

• Paid
Garbage Day 2019 - May 18 #125
Not sure if anyone else has brought this to your attention yet, but...

Nikaer Drekin, June 01, 2019, 09:15:12 pm

I think this kind of demonstrates the big problem with any of these "songify my lyrics, bro!" type of websites, which is that you can still have a good song with terrible lyrics but you can't have a good song with no music behind it. So all of these instances of people posting their "masterful" song lyrics that just need music behind them are just another case of "I have a great idea for a thing, I just need someone to do the work!".

If you can't write actual music to go with the stuff you post (Like our good friend Mr. Cicerega does) you're not a songwriter.
KingKalamari, June 03, 2019, 04:12:49 pm

Lar also actually writes music and records his songs, too.

(this one wasn't on Garbage Day, but I couldn't not include it in my post)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2019, 12:13:02 pm by sambair »

Shell Game

• Showrunner of Extra Credit
  • Paid
  • Rex Morgan knows about Pretty Cure. Look it up.
Garbage Day 2019 - May 18 #126
Adam Bozarth Lemon A Meat GirlKisser420 Boots Raingear krytton Mr. Hunky Academia Dr. Buttplug Yavuz

A Moose

• Paid
Garbage Day 2019 - May 18 #127

With the exception of the Doomsday Preppers hour, I recorded/sequenced all of those songs from scratch. Track one was, however, a bit of a ripoff of Nomeansno's Now

Boots Raingear, June 06, 2019, 08:03:28 am

Interesting, I was thinking it sounded a little like queens of the stone age! Great job on all those songs though, I loved the medley at the end

Neal

Garbage Day 2019 - May 18 #128

Boots Raingear, June 06, 2019, 08:03:28 am

Interesting, I was thinking it sounded a little like queens of the stone age! Great job on all those songs though, I loved the medley at the end
A Moose, June 06, 2019, 08:46:51 pm

I thought it was a White Stripes rip, but that makes sense.

Lemon

• Whatever happened to Freedom of Speech?
  • Administrator
  • ...IT'S NOW THE MASH!
Garbage Day 2019 - May 18 #129
Hour 17 was one of my very favorite hours.

I just put in an order for 90 of these

Lemon, May 22, 2019, 03:22:31 pm

These are up for sale
Wrought Macho Masc Sangy Savage Shell Game chai tea latte

Shell Game

• Paid
Garbage Day 2019 - May 18 #130
Ordered 5. Gonna feed em to the sharks so they know who to go for when I start my bbq.

Turtle

• [F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+]
  • Paid
Garbage Day 2019 - May 18 #131
I alluded to this before, but here's what I got as a much appreciated gift in the mail:

Boots Raingear Shell Game Macho Masc Sangy Savage Yavuz Mr. Hunky Academia Achilles' Heelies Lemon

Boots Raingear

• BBQ Man-Pop
  • Administrator
  • CEO of Victor's basement
Garbage Day 2019 - May 18 #132
A huge round of applause for Sanguinary Novel for the outstanding video and graphic work for Garbage Day this year.
Shell Game Turtle chai tea latte Adam Bozarth Mr. Hunky Academia Achilles' Heelies A Meat Sherman Tank Lemon

Shell Game

• Paid
Garbage Day 2019 - May 18 #133
I alluded to this before, but here's what I got as a much appreciated gift in the mail:

Turtle, June 20, 2019, 05:03:17 pm
Thanks Tuttle!

Macho Masc Sangy Savage

• Beep Beep Imma Dwarf Jeep
  • Paid
  • 🍕 Pizza Philosopher 🍕
Garbage Day 2019 - May 18 #134

Turtle, June 20, 2019, 05:03:17 pm

I wanted to make sure you got something cool for donating a boatload of money, even if it wasn't from a Rediculist. I did get to listen to Sewer Surfin' while giggling to myself in a coffee shop, so win-win.
Turtle