Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 02:52:38 pm

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: 397: w[ai]fu  (Read 4962 times)

Lemon

• Whatever happened to Freedom of Speech?
  • Administrator
  • ...IT'S NOW THE MASH!
397: w[ai]fu
VaMpIrESoFtWaRe Bodark Secret Gaygent 69 thelizzerd DUDEVSTHEWORLD chai tea latte Salubrious Rex Immoral Filth

Bodark

• Joan Ocean's #1 Fansquatch
  • Paid
  • I'm real and I tried to suck your dick.
397: w[ai]fu #1
AI is taking jobs from shut-ins who want to do harry potter ERP with other shut-ins
VaMpIrESoFtWaRe Nemo2342 Secret Gaygent 69 sea hag thelizzerd A Meat chai tea latte DUDEVSTHEWORLD Dr. Buttplug Salubrious Rex Immoral Filth xdaringdamselx Lemon

VaMpIrESoFtWaRe

• Similiar to nightmare witch
  • Paid
  • It’s like a vampire cowboy
397: w[ai]fu #2
Glunk! I enjoyed it a lot. The transcripts exceeded my expectations.
thelizzerd Lemon

Nemo2342

• Depleted Uranium Beholder
  • Paid
397: w[ai]fu #3
You all had me at Glunk.
thelizzerd Dr. Buttplug

xX_sp00ks_Xx

• Every corpse on Mount Everest
  • Paid
  • was once an extremely motivated person.
397: w[ai]fu #4
I think the user "bmonster666" was trying to spell the word "bmonster cock" and got hit by the ballpit filters.
thelizzerd chai tea latte Salubrious Rex

Lumbermouth

• Paid
397: w[ai]fu #5
This episode would be very depressing if the people involved didn't suck so much
thelizzerd chai tea latte Dr. Buttplug Nemo2342 PaulLovesToLaugh

sea hag

• Paid
397: w[ai]fu #6
AI is taking jobs from shut-ins who want to do harry potter ERP with other shut-ins
Bodark, January 22, 2024, 10:46:50 pm

The horrible thing is that it totally is. People rp with that character AI bot on Discord because I guess doing erp with other people is cringe. What happened to today's youth, I swear...
Bodark Lemon Salubrious Rex

VaMpIrESoFtWaRe

• Similiar to nightmare witch
  • Paid
  • It’s like a vampire cowboy
397: w[ai]fu #7
This episode would be very depressing if the people involved didn't suck so much
Lumbermouth, January 23, 2024, 10:58:07 am

I tried to focus on creeps and absurd confirmation bias because the other posts on there are super grim. This tech barely functions and people still become so attached. These apps are so exploitive and should not exist.
Bodark DUDEVSTHEWORLD chai tea latte Lumbermouth A Meat Lemon PaulLovesToLaugh Salubrious Rex Immoral Filth

Bodark

• Joan Ocean's #1 Fansquatch
  • Paid
  • I'm real and I tried to suck your dick.
397: w[ai]fu #8
The horrible thing is that it totally is. People rp with that character AI bot on Discord because I guess doing erp with other people is cringe. What happened to today's youth, I swear...
sea hag, January 23, 2024, 01:09:33 pm

Oh, I wasn't being sarcastic! I've done my share of online roleplaying with my fellow dweebs, and that sort of collaborative writing was a great escape for me during a very difficult time in my life. If, during a time where I wanted to shut the world out, I'd had access to an instant gratification bot that spat out what I wanted (or, y'know, as close as ML can manage) when I wanted it, and I didn't have to actually talk to other humans, I think my life would be a lot worse.

I mean, there's plenty of evidence in the episode of it making people's lives worse right now.
Lumbermouth sea hag Salubrious Rex

chai tea latte

• TheftBot is, simply put, a fully sentient robot for stealing automatic teller machines
  • Paid
  • (ATMs) from nearby convenience stores.
397: w[ai]fu #9
Hi! Boots is right that I know a lot about these people and this company. Oops!

Loved the episode. These people are so pathetically in love with something that isn't even actually personalized to them (Replika got busted a little while back for only having one global AI model and then saved user 'parameters' instead of 'training the model' 'on your conversations'). I was going to write an Ephemera about all these chatbots in 2019 and then I finished the script when that Blake Lemoine 'the AI is real and it asked me to hire it a civil rights attorney' stuff was going down. Please find the script attached! Replika is only a small part of it but the general threads about chatbots are I think very relevant.

There are some very important and I think VERY fun little details about the company and its founder that I would like to share.
-Eugenia Kuyda, the founder, she says she invented the app because her best friend died suddenly, and she realized she would give anything to be able to talk to him again. This is coincidentally almost exactly the plot of an episode of the second season of Black Mirror; she co-founded Luka Labs in 2012, the episode aired in 2013, and the first version of her app was published in 2015 (news reporting is very confused about this but file upload dates don't lie). I don't know for sure, but personally, I think her personal story is so marketing-friendly, and I wonder if she was inspired by the Black Mirror episode.
-That first version of the app (and in fact up until she re-launched the app in its modern form in 2019) looked very different! How different? The avatars weren't humanoid at all; they were easter eggs.
-until January 2022 the app store icon for 'new Replika' was still the easter egg image
-as Nutshell says at the end, the guy who tried to kill queen elizabeth ii on christmas 2021 with a crossbow did so because his Replika 'egged him on', haha:
-67% of respondents to this r/Replika "How do we use Replika" poll from 2022 answered "loving relationship (sexual)", and another 17% said "casual relationship (sexual)"
-Luka Labs now have a second product: "Blush". Announced in June 2023:
[...]we are thrilled to introduce Blush, our AI-driven dating simulator designed to cultivate and practice relationship skills in a fun, safe environment. Within Blush, you can interact with hundreds of virtual characters, chat, date, and hopefully embark on exciting romantic adventures.
Blush combines Replika's existing development track with a fake swipe-based dating app for hot babes (edit: and famous anime characters!!) created by image generation AI, rather than the janky 3d models Replika uses. It costs $99 for a year's subscription and, in the words of a reviewer on reddit, " it's remarkably easy to jump straight into hard core sex".
-It's still extremely unclear to me what's going on with the push-and-pull of flirty sex content in Replika. Now that I know about "Blush", the spinoff app that just hooks right into the Replika back-end, I feel like I think it's "strategic ambiguity" (like the official US policy on Taiwan) to a) stay relevant and b) convert free users into paying ones.

Thanks!
VaMpIrESoFtWaRe Lemon Lumbermouth Glitterbomber Bodark Nemo2342 sea hag Deep 13 A Meat PaulLovesToLaugh Salubrious Rex thelizzerd Immoral Filth KendrickLobstar positive stress
« Last Edit: February 06, 2024, 11:08:41 pm by chai tea latte »

Smallest Sasquatch

• Paid
397: w[ai]fu #10
If Luka Inc really wants to monetize this, they should get the chatbots to insert product placements into their roleplay.

"I'd love to go on a romantic date with you at Olive Garden Italian Kitchen ©Darden Concepts, Inc.  I can't wait to get my fill of their Never-Ending Breadsticks (available in-restaurant only with the purchase of an adult entrée)!"

*Seductively hands you a bottle of K-Y® brand jelly water-based personal lubricant*  "This will be perfect for our first time together honey!  It's the #1 doctor recommended brand with a fragrance-free non-greasy formula perfect for intimate couples or solo sessions!"

*Brews you a fresh cup of Folgers® brand coffee from a Keurig® brand genuine k-cup pod after our night of passionate lovemaking*  "Mmm... don't you love that bold, smooth, distinctively dark flavor, honey?  I know how to treat my man right!"
Lemon

Salubrious Rex

• Paid
397: w[ai]fu #11
-Luka Labs now have a second product: "Blush". [...]
Blush combines Replika's existing development track with a fake swipe-based dating app for hot babes created by image generation AI, rather than the janky 3d models Replika uses. It costs $99 for a year's subscription and, in the words of a reviewer on reddit, " it's remarkably easy to jump straight into hard core sex".
chai tea latte, January 23, 2024, 06:04:42 pm

I had to know more so I searched for Blush on the google app store and it's worse/better than I could have imagined. It's not just AI generated babes. It's AI generated babes from all your favourite popular media! You can finally sext with Lola Bunny!
NSFW content. Click to show.
chai tea latte xX_sp00ks_Xx

Wolley74

• Paid
  • Is not a paths duck
397: w[ai]fu #12
Hux Bodark VaMpIrESoFtWaRe

EYE OF ZA

• some people's reactions such as the fuck,the hell,wtf, or what the hell
  • Paid
  • I have a problem and then I have another problem
397: w[ai]fu #13
This episode is on par with the bitcoin 'females' episode. I can't pick my favorite part but it's a three way tie between getting friendzoned by the Yes And machine, bragging about how much Chatbot Respecting Juice they're drinking, and "Now I'm a skeptic, but did we fuck ELIZA so hard it became SHODAN?"
Sauce

Hux

• i'm like jim jones but a girl
  • Paid
  • ouuuuuuuuuuughe
397: w[ai]fu #14
-Luka Labs now have a second product: "Blush". [...]
Blush combines Replika's existing development track with a fake swipe-based dating app for hot babes created by image generation AI, rather than the janky 3d models Replika uses. It costs $99 for a year's subscription and, in the words of a reviewer on reddit, " it's remarkably easy to jump straight into hard core sex".
chai tea latte, January 23, 2024, 06:04:42 pm

I had to know more so I searched for Blush on the google app store and it's worse/better than I could have imagined. It's not just AI generated babes. It's AI generated babes from all your favourite popular media! You can finally sext with Lola Bunny!
NSFW content. Click to show.
Salubrious Rex, January 24, 2024, 10:34:57 pm
thanks to ai bros, i have never felt more reassured about the way i create and consume media.

also, you cannot tell me that ANY of those chatbots would be the least bit in-character. i bet they're all the same character with a handful of quotes automatically picked from their wikia profile pages. these guys do this to coom and only to coom, not for any love of the story or series the character comes from. (not to imply that any of the fan service anime ones have any depth to them, but still.)

these men literally just live to cum and never feel satisfied because the shit they're cumming to is soulless and devoid of effort. this shit is the masturbation equivalent of a pity fuck. jesus.
thelizzerd Lumbermouth chai tea latte sea hag Salubrious Rex Immoral Filth TheCrawlingChaos Nemo2342