Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:55:36 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: F PLUS LIVE: August 19th, 2017  (Read 72855 times)

Fatty Bo Batty

• Adult Baby Protective Services Officer
  • Paid
  • Is good to make a posting
F PLUS LIVE: August 19th, 2017 #30
Booked my flight, and reserved my hotel room. So fucking stoked.
Boots Raingear Lemon Shell Game Macho Masc Sangy Savage Achilles' Heelies

Shell Game

• Showrunner of Extra Credit
  • Paid
  • Rex Morgan knows about Pretty Cure. Look it up.
F PLUS LIVE: August 19th, 2017 #31
Booked my flight, and reserved my hotel room. So fucking stoked.
Fatty Bo Batty, June 29, 2017, 05:56:46 pm
Same! I'm really looking forward to this.
Boots Raingear Achilles' Heelies Amelia Blank Lemon

positive stress

• your favorite cool pizza star
  • Paid
  • beep beep ribby ribby
F PLUS LIVE: August 19th, 2017 #32
So which night is the actual F+ live show? Saturday the 19th or Sunday the 20th? Because it looks like I probably(?) won't be able to stay for Sunday night but if that's the night of the show I'll see what I can do

Lemon

• Whatever happened to Freedom of Speech?
  • Administrator
  • ...IT'S NOW THE MASH!
F PLUS LIVE: August 19th, 2017 #33
Saturday for sure.

positive stress

• your favorite cool pizza star
  • Paid
  • beep beep ribby ribby
F PLUS LIVE: August 19th, 2017 #34
[yay]

Ambious

F PLUS LIVE: August 19th, 2017 #35
If I arrive at Minneapolis  at ~ 7pm and leave at ~7am the next morning I should be fine, right?
I'll go from the event straight back to the airport and maybe sleep on a bench or something for a couple of hours.

Turtle

• [F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+]
  • Paid
F PLUS LIVE: August 19th, 2017 #36
If I arrive at Minneapolis  at ~ 7pm and leave at ~7am the next morning I should be fine, right?
I'll go from the event straight back to the airport and maybe sleep on a bench or something for a couple of hours.
Ambious, July 02, 2017, 09:49:10 am
I did this 2 years ago and it was great until I was driving home from the airport and realized how completely exhausted I was. Not recommended.

Ambious

F PLUS LIVE: August 19th, 2017 #37
I did this 2 years ago and it was great until I was driving home from the airport and realized how completely exhausted I was. Not recommended.
Turtle, July 02, 2017, 06:30:38 pm

Luckily I don't have to drive and I'm going straight back to the hotel in St. Louis,
I'm asking more about the timeframe.

« Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 10:04:48 am by Ambious »

Macho Masc Sangy Savage

• Beep Beep Imma Dwarf Jeep
  • Paid
  • 🍕 Pizza Philosopher 🍕
F PLUS LIVE: August 19th, 2017 #38
Super jittery and nervous about it, but tickets and hotel booked! I'm making a vacation out of it and visiting a bunch of the museums. If anyone is interested in tagging along to the Minneapolis Institute of Art, I'll probably be going Thursday or the Friday before.

This is so exciting!  I get to hang out with nerds AND see the nation's largest book arts center!
« Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 11:53:57 am by Sanguinary Novel »

STOG

• im baby
  • Ridiculist
  • thiis is bernie bro, to me
F PLUS LIVE: August 19th, 2017 #39
Super jittery and nervous about it, but tickets and hotel booked! I'm making a vacation out of it and visiting a bunch of the museums. If anyone is interested in tagging along to the Minneapolis Institute of Art, I'll probably be going Thursday or the Friday before.

This is so exciting!  I get to hang out with nerds AND see the nation's largest book arts center!
Sanguinary Novel, July 03, 2017, 11:52:10 am

If you want to go on a museum tear, I would also like to recommend the Walker, which has the awesome Multiples exhibit on display. The Mercer Cunningham exhibit currently on display won't be there by the time you get in, but the other two exhibits that will be there look fucking awesome. And there's also a bar and a movie theater and HOLY SHIT, GUYS, ART IS SO COOL.

This city is also host to America's first ever basilica, the Basilica of Saint Mary. I haven't gone to it yet, but I'm looking for a good excuse to.
Macho Masc Sangy Savage

Lemon

• Whatever happened to Freedom of Speech?
  • Administrator
  • ...IT'S NOW THE MASH!
F PLUS LIVE: August 19th, 2017 #40

Luckily I don't have to drive and I'm going straight back to the hotel in St. Louis,
I'm asking more about the timeframe.
Ambious, July 03, 2017, 02:28:54 am

If that's a thing you want to do to yourself then yes, you will be able to make the entirety of the show. You might not feel great later, but that's Later's problem.

I'm making a vacation out of it and visiting a bunch of the museums. If anyone is interested in tagging along to the Minneapolis Institute of Art, I'll probably be going Thursday or the Friday before.
Sanguinary Novel, July 03, 2017, 11:52:10 am

MIA is terrific. It's a hybrid art/history museum and there's a lot to see. The Walker is also worth a visit, they just renovated the Sculpture Garden. The Walker specializes in Modern Art with an emphasis on MODERN ART so there will be pieces in there that will make you angry. But that's part of the fun, imo.

Ambious

F PLUS LIVE: August 19th, 2017 #41
Tickets booked!
See y'all at Grumpy's!

If that's a thing you want to do to yourself then yes, you will be able to make the entirety of the show. You might not feel great later, but that's Later's problem.
Lemon, July 03, 2017, 05:30:04 pm

Yeah, fuck Later.
Also I really don't have any other options and www.sleepinginairports.net (which is apparently a website) ranks MSP pretty favorably.
Lemon

Achilles' Heelies

• Ridiculist
  • Intelligent Doggie Tracking System
F PLUS LIVE: August 19th, 2017 #42
I recommend going for a bike ride on the greenway as well. It's very scenic, and the city in general feels pretty bike friendly. You can get a bike for cheap from a Nice Ride station. A nice long ride is a good way to combat an awful hangover, especially if you eat breakfast poutine beforehand.
Lemon Macho Masc Sangy Savage

STOG

• im baby
  • Ridiculist
  • thiis is bernie bro, to me
F PLUS LIVE: August 19th, 2017 #43
I recommend going for a bike ride on the greenway as well. It's very scenic, and the city in general feels pretty bike friendly. You can get a bike for cheap from a Nice Ride station. A nice long ride is a good way to combat an awful hangover, especially if you eat breakfast poutine beforehand.
Achilles' "Venti" Heelies, July 03, 2017, 06:19:45 pm

It very much is. You can also get around on the streets. The streets are generally good and people are very much aware of the Door Rule, but there are some streets that are an absolute hell to ride on. The area around the Walker Art Museum is all right, but the moment you pass the path towards the underpass that leads to the Cedar Line Trail and get onto Kenwood St., you're going to have a bad time.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 10:11:44 pm by STOG »

Shell Game

• Showrunner of Extra Credit
  • Paid
  • Rex Morgan knows about Pretty Cure. Look it up.
F PLUS LIVE: August 19th, 2017 #44
I'm so giddy about this trip, I keep boring my roommate with the details. "Look! Look what else is in Minneapolis I can go to. Look! This is where they're gonna get drunk and yell at me indirectly! Look! Look! ..."

I've actually never done a trip like this for myself before, so I guess some younger part of me is squeezing it's way out. I'll be freshly 30 by the time I get out there, so I guess I took my time...