Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:10:26 pm

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: Some of us over at PoeTV started livestreaming movies a couple weeks ago.  (Read 6102 times)

Old_Zircon

• The phased-out byzantine devil.
  • Paid
HEAR YE HEAR YE

About a dozen PoeTV regulars and lurkers have been watching movies and bullshitting in text chat the past few Monday evenings. I'll be streaming this Monday at about 8:30 EST, we haven't chosen this week's feature yet but you can join the discussion and get the stream link (for now we're parked on streamboat.tv, which is simple, fast and doesn't have any content ID) on the new Google group.  It's a nice small crowd and chat has been a lot of fun so far.  Previous streams have included Tom Clancy's Netforce, the "digital bra" TV edit of Showgirls, the 1994 underground documentary Doper, and all sorts of unusual/obscure/ridiculous shorts.  Streams have been running around 4 hours before everyone gets tired.

All are welcome!
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 09:44:21 pm by Old_Zircon »

eldritchhat

• Lady of Calamaris
  • Paid
  • Card Carrying Boobgeoisie
Well, I for one cannot wait to interact with the old guard.

Old_Zircon

• Paid
Other than the video stream being pretty reasonable quality, it's a very web 1.0 experience.

Old_Zircon

• Paid

eldritchhat

• Lady of Calamaris
  • Paid
  • Card Carrying Boobgeoisie
Glad you made it!
Old_Zircon, May 03, 2016, 12:36:43 am
Thanks dude, it was so great that I NEEDED BOTH THREE CONSULTANTS AND THREE TV DINNERS to get over it

Old_Zircon

• Paid
Still happening

#PoeTV on freenode

I'm keeping stuff streaming on permanent loop on the off days now.

Old_Zircon

• Paid
Believe it or not, this is still going on, every monday 15-25 of us are wasting upwards of 7 hours at this point on some really top quality bad movies, usually four of them plus a couple shorts.

The actual stream URL changes depending on whose turn it is, but if you show up in that IRC channel around 7 EST on a Monday we'll be there and can direct you to it. Holidays mean nothing.  on the 4th of July we were only down one regular.

Last Monday the owner of the site we use to stream showed up in the IRC chat and complimented us on the quality of our streams, so I guess we're doing something right. Honestly I thought it'd be impressive i it lasted more than a month but it turned out to be about the most fun thing I've been involved with on the Internet in years, and we've got some real trash aficionados in there. Definitely check it out! Especially this coming Monday, because word is one of the movies is going to be Boxing Helena.

Old_Zircon

• Paid
Also

NutshellGulag

montrith

• Petrodactyl Spotter
  • Internaut
  • You must be this tall to ride
Yay bad movies! Will definitely check this out if I'm online at the time.

Old_Zircon

• Paid
Montrith, that would be great!