Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:37:20 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: Completely pointless Thought Of The Day thread  (Read 1445529 times)

GirlKisser420

• Its time for limpboys to have their day in the sun
  • Paid
  • Just a Baby Drinkin Coffee
porb

SirSlarty

• Linda, where's my coffee!?
  • Paid
  • don't let's start
I never realized just how many Yiddish words have entered my daily vocabulary until I moved to a place without a healthy Jewish population. I miss hearing it routinely, there are so many words that are just perfect to use, and fun to say.

"Just gonna schlep these tchotchkes over here..." "Gonna grab a little nosh, be right back!" "Ah, don't pay me any mind, I'm just kvetching." "Man, she's got some real chutzpah! You know?" "They're just schmoozing over there, I'm not one for that kind of kibitzing." "That's his whole schtick, you know? Being overly schmaltzy...."

"... What do you mean you've never heard that word before? Really?" X3
Liatai, February 09, 2017, 11:47:14 pm

Yiddish words are fun to say and they've worked their way into PA Dutch.

Words like schmutz, oy vey, oy gevalt and schmikelkutzen. Oh and putz is also Yiddish (I think).
Liatai

Yavuz

• Fave: Heavily Excessive Prekumquatxop
  • Paid
  • whats up you cem loving fuck
I never realized just how many Yiddish words have entered my daily vocabulary until I moved to a place without a healthy Jewish population. I miss hearing it routinely, there are so many words that are just perfect to use, and fun to say.

"Just gonna schlep these tchotchkes over here..." "Gonna grab a little nosh, be right back!" "Ah, don't pay me any mind, I'm just kvetching." "Man, she's got some real chutzpah! You know?" "They're just schmoozing over there, I'm not one for that kind of kibitzing." "That's his whole schtick, you know? Being overly schmaltzy...."

"... What do you mean you've never heard that word before? Really?" X3
Liatai, February 09, 2017, 11:47:14 pm

Words like schmutz, oy vey, oy gevalt and schmikelkutzen. Oh and putz is also Yiddish (I think).
sirslarty, February 13, 2017, 11:36:00 pm

Putz does indeed come from Yiddish. Apparently the original word means both "fool" and "penis".

Cleretic

• Russian Roulette Silver Medalist
  • Paid

sirslarty, February 13, 2017, 11:36:00 pm
Hell, I say Yiddish-origin words (mainly 'putz') and I met the first Jewish person I ever met last year. European Jews made the best-sounding words!

A Meat

• Artificial Man Pop Seasoning
  • Paid
  • filled with delicious dude meat
Is there a romantic comedy about grifters? If not, I better get writing soon I guess

GirlKisser420

• Its time for limpboys to have their day in the sun
  • Paid
  • Just a Baby Drinkin Coffee
i live for bulbs, i die for bulbs, i kill for bulbs
Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop chai tea latte

Yavuz

• Fave: Heavily Excessive Prekumquatxop
  • Paid
  • whats up you cem loving fuck
Probably one of the most liked comments I've ever made on Facebook is just a screencap of a dril tweet. Lesson learned: never put any effort into anything, just shitpost 24/7.
BARK RANGER Saoirse-Lilith chai tea latte Frank West nuffkins, of all people, Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop Gyro bubbleuj

chai tea latte

• TheftBot is, simply put, a fully sentient robot for stealing automatic teller machines
  • Paid
  • (ATMs) from nearby convenience stores.
Probably one of the most liked comments I've ever made on Facebook is just a screencap of a dril tweet. Lesson learned: never put any effort into anything, just shitpost 24/7.
Yavuz Sultan Selim, February 15, 2017, 09:42:54 pm
fucked up if true

Macho Masc Sangy Savage

• Beep Beep Imma Dwarf Jeep
  • Paid
  • 🍕 Pizza Philosopher 🍕
My cat Ferdinand is always super chatty before and after I get in the shower, and hangs out in between the liner and curtain during. I wonder if he's just annoyed I went somewhere he won't go, or he's distressed that's the big dumb cat human is so dumb that they keep hanging out in water.
Gyro Liatai Really_Quite_Nice

BARK RANGER

• MRS. ASTOR'S PET HORSE
  • Paid
There are five Chuck E Cheese locations in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

I wouldn't break the Prime Directive but I'm kind of curious what #pizzagate would do with this critical intel

Sseth672

• Paid
There are five Chuck E Cheese locations in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

I wouldn't break the Prime Directive but I'm kind of curious what #pizzagate would do with this critical intel
BARK RANGER, February 16, 2017, 08:08:35 pm

"What does Bill Clinton, Joe Biden and King Salman have in common?"
"A sickening obsession with man's oldest vice: Cheese Pizza"

bubbleuj

• Paid
I'm probably the worst Hindu ever but goddamn the music is rad as fuccckk.

Malten

• Hot Squirt
  • Paid
I found a male lesser goldfinch huddled against the railroad tracks while on a walk today. There was nothing obviously wrong with it except that it was there on the ground and not fleeing. I brought it to a wildlife rescue place and they said I could call tomorrow to see how it was doing. It's funny. They just assume you're gonna be kinda attached to the animal you brought in.

Here's a picture of one because they are cute and so very tiny.

I do second guess myself every time I try helping an animal, though, cause I don't want to disturb a peaceful death or stress it out and cause it to fair worse. ):
Yavuz Gyro BARK RANGER

Gyro

• touched fuzzy, got dizzy
  • Paid
Ages ago somebody on Something Awful called Bitcoins "Dunning-Krugerrands" and I still think about how that's the best possible description of Bitcoin.
Yavuz chai tea latte junior associate faguar Sherman Tank Really_Quite_Nice

BARK RANGER

• MRS. ASTOR'S PET HORSE
  • Paid
I found a male lesser goldfinch huddled against the railroad tracks while on a walk today. There was nothing obviously wrong with it except that it was there on the ground and not fleeing. I brought it to a wildlife rescue place and they said I could call tomorrow to see how it was doing. It's funny. They just assume you're gonna be kinda attached to the animal you brought in.

Here's a picture of one because they are cute and so very tiny.

I do second guess myself every time I try helping an animal, though, cause I don't want to disturb a peaceful death or stress it out and cause it to fair worse. ):
Tose the Handsome Anime Boy, February 19, 2017, 01:19:45 am

Nah, you did the right thing.  If you hadn't helped, it probably would have gotten picked off by whatever your local predators are (cats, raptors, etc.), not exactly a peaceful death.  Age and time of year is important though; if it's a young bird in spring (hatch year birds can look  surprisingly adult, depending on the species), it could just be learning to fly, in which case it's best to leave it alone.

I only get American Goldfinches where I live, no Lessers but oh man... they are top birbs.  Watching a cluster of them burst out of a patch of goldenrod tweeting up a storm on a hot summer morning is [freakout]
« Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 04:49:47 pm by BARK RANGER »