Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:16:14 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU GET FOR CHRISTMAS  (Read 13744 times)

Digital Walnut

• The Carl Icahn of nuzzling
  • Paid
  • Source(s): meee~ nyaa~ :3
WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU GET FOR CHRISTMAS #30
Books, food, money, Liartown USA's Apple Cabin Foods calendar, some limited edition beers, and my girlfriend asked Lemon to read one of the documents I submitted <3

Nifty Nif

• Big Dumb Slimy Monster
  • Paid
  • powerful and can be dangreous
WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU GET FOR CHRISTMAS #31
Dishes, glassware, and a pourover coffee rig because I break everything.  And a countertop griddle/grill thingus that I don't have room for in my tiny kitchen--hopefully we move to a bigger place before summer grilling hype begins.

Frank West

• Have you ever astraled and kicked it with satan
  • Ridiculist
  • Marky Mk 2
WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU GET FOR CHRISTMAS #32
At first I got a wallet that was too small, a sweater that was too big, and a book I'd already read.

However, I also got tickets to an "electropop opera" which is based on a section of War and Peace, and that was fucking awesome, so it all evened out.

Nifty Nif

• Big Dumb Slimy Monster
  • Paid
  • powerful and can be dangreous
WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU GET FOR CHRISTMAS #33
However, I also got tickets to an "electropop opera" which is based on a section of War and Peace, and that was fucking awesome, so it all evened out.
Frank West, December 29, 2015, 09:47:37 am
Please tell me more

EYE OF ZA

• some people's reactions such as the fuck,the hell,wtf, or what the hell
  • Paid
  • I have a problem and then I have another problem
WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU GET FOR CHRISTMAS #34

A new battery for one of these motherfuckers so I can take it around and draw wherever I want, or set it up in a cardboard box like a shitty cintiq.

Frank West

• Have you ever astraled and kicked it with satan
  • Ridiculist
  • Marky Mk 2
WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU GET FOR CHRISTMAS #35
Frank West, December 29, 2015, 09:47:37 am
Please tell me more
niftynif, December 29, 2015, 09:54:56 am

Okay!

Here's a picture of the stage I saw it at:

(Almost) all the people sitting down in this picture are attendees, not actors. Unfortunately, I sat in the "normal" seats, but there's a bunch of mini-stages up there too, and the cast is constantly walking all around the room, and sometimes addressing various audience members, which is really cool (and makes for some fun gimmicks, like a scene that's supposed to be uncomfortable for the characters being set squeezed between a few audience members).

The music is played throughout, every line is sung, including a lot of narration and description, like "I turn and blush" or "I get into my sleigh", sometimes actually acted out, sometimes not for effect. A lot of the lines are direct from Tolstoy. The genre of the music is also all over the place, there's a bunch of classic Russian music mixed together with newer stuff, but it doesn't feel like it's trying to hard to be "modern", it just feels like they used whatever music was appropriate to the scene.

The whole thing was really fucking good, it sounds really goofy when I describe it, but it doesn't feel that way at all when watching it, in part because it plays around with what it's doing a lot (The opening scene tells introduces all the characters and tells you that it's complicated, because it's based on a huge Russian novel, and you should look up the family tree that's in your program). The run in Boston ends tomorrow, so I guess I can't recommend you go see it, but I guess it's going to have a run on Broadway soon, so I would recommend seeing it there if you can.
chai tea latte Maxine Headroom Nifty Nif

Kaleidoscope

• Paid
WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU GET FOR CHRISTMAS #36
I was surprised at how good my Christmas was.

From my boyfriend's parents, I got some frames that I needed, a book, some socks and a $50 which I used to get myself a new purse. Yes, I was happy about socks because my feet are cold. Like really, really, really cold. My boyfriend got me an anime figure I wanted. But what surprised me is that my parents bought me tickets to the new Cirque du Soleil show. Now for those of you who don't know, these tickets are hella expensive. Like this isn't something you can take ten people too unless you wanna spend $1,000. And I have been dying to take my boyfriend to a show.

My boyfriend was happy because I got him nothing but Deadpool stuff

LowBatteryLife

• Paid
WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU GET FOR CHRISTMAS #37
Assistance with rent, and some spare cash which was a big help for lunch on long holiday workdays. Boring but necessary.

Old_Zircon

• The phased-out byzantine devil.
  • Paid
WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU GET FOR CHRISTMAS #38
The PCBs and some of the parts to make a Midibox Seq v4.