Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:36:06 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: Completely pointless Thought Of The Day thread  (Read 1446631 times)

Achilles' Heelies

• Ridiculist
  • Intelligent Doggie Tracking System
Is there a female equivalent for "manchild"? "Womanchild" just doesn't have the same ring to it and I've found myself searching for the right word a couple times while describing women that are still obsessed with Disney and Hello Kitty well into adulthood.
Digital Walnut, April 27, 2016, 02:55:18 pm
"A nightmare." That may just be my personal experience. Also, that isn't gender specific.
Sherman Tank Nifty Nif
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 03:14:09 pm by achillesheelies »

Carbon

• Paid
  • Can wink with both eyes at once
Is there a female equivalent for "manchild"? "Womanchild" just doesn't have the same ring to it and I've found myself searching for the right word a couple times while describing women that are still obsessed with Disney and Hello Kitty well into adulthood.

You could call them girls rather than women. Is that too much? There's not really any "haha he said legbeard" element to take the edge off. You be the judge.
chai tea latte

Digital Walnut

• The Carl Icahn of nuzzling
  • Paid
  • Source(s): meee~ nyaa~ :3
"A nightmare." That may just be my personal experience. Also, that isn't gender specific.
achillesheelies, April 27, 2016, 03:06:58 pm
That they are, but "nightmare" is a pretty broad term. I guess I'm not really looking for something gender specific, but it would be nice if there was a blanket shorthand term for a person who has failed to develop socially beyond their childhood/teenage years.

The person who inspired this conversation is someone I used to be in a board game group with that I have mostly ignored in my Facebook feed for years. She recently moved to southern California and bought an annual passport for Disneyland. Now I see things like this on a regular basis:

Caroline

• The Warren Buffett of snuggling
  • Paid
  • More spaceship than rabbit
Sometimes I wonder how Gary and Linda are doing.

Nifty Nif

• Big Dumb Slimy Monster
  • Paid
  • powerful and can be dangreous
annual passport for Disneyland.
Digital Walnut, April 27, 2016, 11:56:17 pm

As a WDW geek, I don't understand why someone would do this.  Wouldn't you get bored?  There's like, nothing to do there.
Gosh, I really love Disney World.

montrith

• Petrodactyl Spotter
  • Internaut
  • You must be this tall to ride

I usually just go with "lokiwives". Female nerdassery tends to take somewhat different forms from male nerdassery in my experience.

Update on Pear Dude: Today he had his coat open and I saw that he was also wearing a red turtleneck with mustard colored pants. Pear was mostly eaten by the time he got off.
Ashto Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop chai tea latte Nifty Nif Digital Walnut Chupasaurus-Rex Maxine Headroom

chai tea latte

• TheftBot is, simply put, a fully sentient robot for stealing automatic teller machines
  • Paid
  • (ATMs) from nearby convenience stores.

I usually just go with "lokiwives". Female nerdassery tends to take somewhat different forms from male nerdassery in my experience.

Update on Pear Dude: Today he had his coat open and I saw that he was also wearing a red turtleneck with mustard colored pants. Pear was mostly eaten by the time he got off.
montrith, April 28, 2016, 09:04:20 am
please regularly update us on Pear Dude, tia!

One Of The Crappy Pokemon That Nobody Likes

• Oh no it's the "The-World-Owes-Me-A-Living Lads"!!
  • Ridiculist
  • RARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARR
One of my go-to movies for background noise when I work is the Dawn of the Dead remake. I'm not really sure why that is. It's not that it's my favorite movie, or that it even does anything particularly great... well other than the effects, which doesn't account for much if I'm not looking at it. Maybe it's the lack of hope in the story that makes it useful for this purpose. It's hard to say.

Nifty Nif

• Big Dumb Slimy Monster
  • Paid
Here is an artists' rendering of Pear Dude. I gave him a nice name befitting of a Pear Dude.
Caroline chai tea latte NutshellGulag montrith Gyro Maxine Headroom

A Meat

• Artificial Man Pop Seasoning
  • Paid
  • filled with delicious dude meat
Toenails are stupid, evolution should have found a way to get rid of them by now
Bodark Digital Walnut Maxine Headroom

LINDA

• the 49th unbreakable gstring
  • Paid
pear was mostly eaten by the time he got off.
montrith, April 28, 2016, 09:04:20 am

Reading this without context was a bad idea

montrith

• Petrodactyl Spotter
  • Internaut
  • You must be this tall to ride
That's actually pretty spot on, all he needs is a neat little mustache and beard.

LINDA

• the 49th unbreakable gstring
  • Paid
The person who inspired this conversation is someone I used to be in a board game group with that I have mostly ignored in my Facebook feed for years. She recently moved to southern California and bought an annual passport for Disneyland. Now I see things like this on a regular basis:
Digital Walnut, April 27, 2016, 11:56:17 pm

I live a quick drive from disneyland and this kind of thing is WAY too common here to hold it against any particular person. A good deal of men also do this, or at least invest a lot of time and money in visiting disney & other parks several times a year. At least once a year several senior male employees at my workplace take a day off to go to universal

In short: I have seen worse.
Nifty Nif

Nifty Nif

• Big Dumb Slimy Monster
  • Paid
I looked up this Dendi fellow from Zekka's storygame, found out he was a real guy and is "well known for his solo mid skills," and sat back in my chair and was... just really confused.
He's also really normiecute for a guy who spends a lot of time playing video games.  Also PewDiePie is, like, hot, if you're into surfer bros, which is really unacceptable for some asshole who makes millions of dollars by being on the internet.
eldritchhat Maxine Headroom

A Meat

• Artificial Man Pop Seasoning
  • Paid
  • filled with delicious dude meat
Today I went to McDonald's for the first time in a long while, and I asked for a medium portion of fries, and got a confused cashier. She explained, the sizes you can get are 'normal', 'large' and 'huge', creating a weird dilemma, where the medium size is actually large and what would be a medium sized portion is the smallest one you can get.

For some reason I've been thinking about this for too long