Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:22:34 pm

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: 384: The Angry Apple Nerd  (Read 5411 times)

DykeDastardly

• Paid
384: The Angry Apple Nerd #15
"The only one" single available breed of banana that Boots made a joke about is called a cavendish and there used to be a superior banana cultivar called the gros michel (or big mike) that was the standard banana grown and sold around the world and is what any banana flavored candy you've ever had was modeled after. It was largely taken out by Panama disease in the 50s. It was supposedly a lot more delicious and I'm so so bent out of shape about the fact that I'll likely never eat one. Apparently cavendish are now in danger from Panama disease as well and we might end up with an even shittier banana in our lifetimes. I know this episode is a year old but I have some very particular hangups. Okay
Dr. Buttplug Lemon

Lemon

• Whatever happened to Freedom of Speech?
  • Administrator
  • ...IT'S NOW THE MASH!
384: The Angry Apple Nerd #16
I know this episode is a year old but I have some very particular hangups. Okay
DykeDastardly, February 22, 2024, 07:08:44 pm

I watched a YouTube video once!

DykeDastardly

• Paid
384: The Angry Apple Nerd #17
I know this episode is a year old but I have some very particular hangups. Okay

I watched a YouTube video once!

Lemon, February 22, 2024, 08:27:30 pm

Because of that youtube video you watched once, you and I are now the co-founding members of the Official Ballpit Junior Banana Historian's Association. This is a binding obligation until death
Lemon

sea hag

• Paid
384: The Angry Apple Nerd #18
"The only one" single available breed of banana that Boots made a joke about is called a cavendish and there used to be a superior banana cultivar called the gros michel (or big mike) that was the standard banana grown and sold around the world and is what any banana flavored candy you've ever had was modeled after. It was largely taken out by Panama disease in the 50s. It was supposedly a lot more delicious and I'm so so bent out of shape about the fact that I'll likely never eat one. Apparently cavendish are now in danger from Panama disease as well and we might end up with an even shittier banana in our lifetimes. I know this episode is a year old but I have some very particular hangups. Okay

If you ever want to splash out more money on bananas than anyone reasonably should, they are grown on a small scale by these people: https://miamifruit.org/collections/frontpage/products/gros-michel-banana-box-order

DykeDastardly

• Paid
384: The Angry Apple Nerd #19

If you ever want to splash out more money on bananas than anyone reasonably should, they are grown on a small scale by these people: https://miamifruit.org/collections/frontpage/products/gros-michel-banana-box-order
sea hag, February 23, 2024, 08:20:07 am

God... thats so much money but like... god... it is within my grasp...

sea hag

• Paid
384: The Angry Apple Nerd #20

God... thats so much money but like... god... it is within my grasp...
DykeDastardly, February 23, 2024, 05:11:19 pm

They sell it freeze dried as well, still stupidly expensive but not $127.

Diploskull

• Paid
384: The Angry Apple Nerd #21

I ordered a banana grab bag from them as a gift once, it's weird eating bananas that taste different. Didn't have gros Michel ones though.

DykeDastardly

• Paid
384: The Angry Apple Nerd #22

I ordered a banana grab bag from them as a gift once, it's weird eating bananas that taste different. Didn't have gros Michel ones though.
Diploskull, February 24, 2024, 02:14:14 pm

Oh man did the giftee end up with a blue java? I am also super curious about those. Whats the DL on all the coolest modern bananas? I am asking as the cofounder of the OBJBHA (Official Ballpit Junior Banana Historian's Association)

Diploskull

• Paid
384: The Angry Apple Nerd #23

Oh man did the giftee end up with a blue java? I am also super curious about those. Whats the DL on all the coolest modern bananas? I am asking as the cofounder of the OBJBHA (Official Ballpit Junior Banana Historian's Association)
DykeDastardly link=topic=3802.msg170317#msg170317

Sadly no, but he did try growing blue java bananas a while back. We have the wrong climate but the tree grew in the yard for a while. I don't remember what kinds we got, but one was more tart in a weird but good way.
DykeDastardly