Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:49:48 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: Episode 44 - Extra Credit's Strained Expression  (Read 4730 times)

Shell Game

• Showrunner of Extra Credit
  • Paid
  • Rex Morgan knows about Pretty Cure. Look it up.

Remember Pastafarians? We wish we didn't!
Achilles' Heelies Yavuz GirlKisser420 Sherman Tank Sovereign

Wrought

• The Unsevered
  • Paid
  • I BELLOW LOUDLY AS I TYPE THIS.
Today I learned the pastafarians are really, really materialistic about religion. Like, they chide people for thinking mainstream religions are more legitimate than praying 5 times a day facing reddit, but at the same time their way of "legitimizing" their "religion" is incredibly superficial. They wear colanders on their head as religious headgear...except only for special occasions or at the dmv because this thing is really uncomforta-I mean uh sacred and for special occasions. They wrote a bible, explicitly so none of them could ever read it except in a weird telephone game way where one of them reads it and the rest of them quote him forever. They talk about how much they hated being indoctrinated as children, but as soon as they have their own cursed spawn, they're jumping at the chance to name them Fusilli or some shit. This episode turned my brain into red sauce.
GirlKisser420 chai tea latte Shell Game

GirlKisser420

• Its time for limpboys to have their day in the sun
  • Paid
  • Just a Baby Drinkin Coffee
it's hard to imagine a worse forum than an entire community of people who didn't get the joke
chai tea latte Shell Game Wrought Sherman Tank Yavuz

Shell Game

• Paid
i love angry stog, though iirc it was angry everyone at one point or another

btw this was my alternate picture idea and i don't want it to go to waste.

Wrought Sovereign

Sherman Tank

• Licensed Kadir-Buxton Method Practitioner
  • Associate Tag Director, East
  • I'm over 30 years old and I like fried chicken.
This is one of the STOGiest episodes of anything ever.
Wrought Shell Game Sovereign

Cradicus

• Paid
I really appreciate the ghost of Adam Bozarth presiding over the whole thing!

Also, regarding the conversation at the end, I know I've read a couple stories talking about how things like Gamergate or the Alt Right grew out of early 2000s online atheism and/or South park ideology. I can imagine a lot of online people trading their colanders for MAGA hats.

https://thebaffler.com/latest/new-atheisms-idiot-heirs-nichols

https://medium.com/the-establishment/how-south-park-helped-empower-the-alt-right-a65abcc88c9b
Shell Game

Shell Game

• Paid
i find myself wondering where the line was for people who thought of it as a joke and got out. like how serious was too serious for them? because i would like to hope some of them were self-aware enough to know they shouldn't keep acting like this

Shell Game

• Paid
yesterday while at the store with my roommate i saw a car with a whole bunch of awful bumper stickers (one that just says "poop", one that's pedobear peeking up from the passenger window, a faded "i <3 equality"...) and the real capper, as we drove away from it, was a jesus fish style FSM emblem.

i died and my ghost is posting now