Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:12:47 pm

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: Completely pointless Thought Of The Day thread  (Read 1449078 times)

Macho Masc Sangy Savage

• Beep Beep Imma Dwarf Jeep
  • Paid
  • 🍕 Pizza Philosopher 🍕
I wish I could levitate things. Not for anything useful, but so could lift my cats up while they're sleeping and be able to move around. Gimme my blanket back you jerks
Yavuz

Cleretic

• Russian Roulette Silver Medalist
  • Paid
I wish I could levitate things. Not for anything useful, but so could lift my cats up while they're sleeping and be able to move around. Gimme my blanket back you jerks
Sanguinary Novel, January 02, 2017, 12:28:53 am
I've put way too much thought into what superpower I'd want, and figured out that just going by what fictional characters have them telekinesis is the best. It's really versatile and powerful, but doesn't really have any in-built downsides.

The only power I'd prefer over that is shapeshifting, but that's always got weird fucking stipulations and limitations that take away all the fun. I don't want to become a shapeshifter only to find out I can only shapeshift into domesticated animals, or bodies of water, or people named Casey.
Yavuz Goose Goose Honk At Me Now

Goose Goose Honk At Me Now

• Can I offer you a Lorna Doone?
  • Paid
  • You have a very flexible torso.
The only power I'd prefer over that is shapeshifting, but that's always got weird fucking stipulations and limitations that take away all the fun. I don't want to become a shapeshifter only to find out I can only shapeshift into domesticated animals, or bodies of water, or people named Casey.
Cleretic, January 02, 2017, 01:20:20 am
DWAYNE!

Emperor Jack Chick

• he/him
  • Ridiculist
  • Metal tyrant from hell
Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop znarf

positive stress

• your favorite cool pizza star
  • Paid
  • beep beep ribby ribby
I've recently been revisiting one of my all-time favorite albums, HLLLYH by The Mae Shi. It's a weird sort of experimental, hyperactive, noisy synth punk concept album with a lot of recurring Old Testament imagery throughout, and in my opinion it's criminally underappreciated. Here's a couple of my favorite songs from it:

Pwnd, a song about God coming to earth and fucking shit up

Boys in the Attic, the Punkest song on the album

Young Marks, possibly the weirdest use of auto-tune I've ever heard

Anyway I've been a huge fan of this album for a long time now but never understood what the name was supposed to be, thinking maybe the letters stood for something? and then it suddenly clicked that it wasn't an acronym or anything, it's a series of letters that can be read as both HALLELUJAH and HELL YEAH. God damn what a perfect title for an album that is a) full of religious symbolism and b) super high-energy and fucking rocks

Shout out to The Mae Shi, rest in peace, I'll never forget you
Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop

GirlKisser420

• Its time for limpboys to have their day in the sun
  • Paid
  • Just a Baby Drinkin Coffee
I can post in comic sans wooo

Gyro

• touched fuzzy, got dizzy
  • Paid
I can post in comic sans wooo
GirlKisser420, January 04, 2017, 04:07:22 pm
fuck you

GirlKisser420

• Its time for limpboys to have their day in the sun
  • Paid
  • Just a Baby Drinkin Coffee
cops cant stop me
chai tea latte Moose Goose Goose Honk At Me Now Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop znarf Malten

Baldr

• Paid
I only know one language and that's pathetic.  So I decided to learn a second language and chose Spanish because it's spoken in a large number of countries.  And I hate it.  It's close enough to English that everything sounds like a pig-latin attempt at English.  And when I go to Spanish-speaking YouTube it's mostly people fighting on talk shows.  To be fair, the talk-show fights are a lot better than the ones on US television; I went in expecting standard slap-fests and saw a lot of great hip-throws.  To be more fair, I wouldn't want someone from a Spanish-speaking country to log onto YouTube and judge my culture by pewdiepie.

But Spanish isn't working for me.  I need a new second language and South-East Asian cultures are too authoritarian for my tastes.  Is there anything you'd recommend? 

Emperor Jack Chick

• he/him
  • Ridiculist
  • Metal tyrant from hell
cops cant stop me
GirlKisser420, January 04, 2017, 08:10:40 pm

apparently someone reported this user for this post.
Patterns Macho Masc Sangy Savage chai tea latte Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop cube abuser Yavuz cashmir sweaters A Meat I Liked That Joke nuffkins, of all people, Sherman Tank GirlKisser420

Yavuz

• Fave: Heavily Excessive Prekumquatxop
  • Paid
  • whats up you cem loving fuck
I only know one language and that's pathetic.  So I decided to learn a second language and chose Spanish because it's spoken in a large number of countries.  And I hate it.  It's close enough to English that everything sounds like a pig-latin attempt at English.  And when I go to Spanish-speaking YouTube it's mostly people fighting on talk shows.  To be fair, the talk-show fights are a lot better than the ones on US television; I went in expecting standard slap-fests and saw a lot of great hip-throws.  To be more fair, I wouldn't want someone from a Spanish-speaking country to log onto YouTube and judge my culture by pewdiepie.

But Spanish isn't working for me.  I need a new second language and South-East Asian cultures are too authoritarian for my tastes.  Is there anything you'd recommend?
Healslime, January 06, 2017, 06:18:10 pm

If you want a language with grammar that is very different from English (and is also easy to find material for), might I recommend Turkish? It's on Duolingo, for one thing. Another source that I've used is http://turkishlanguage.co.uk, which gives a pretty good overview of Turkish grammar.

Macho Masc Sangy Savage

• Beep Beep Imma Dwarf Jeep
  • Paid
  • 🍕 Pizza Philosopher 🍕

Healslime, January 06, 2017, 06:18:10 pm

Kinda sorta a recommendation, but American Sign Language? Not truly another language, but still super helpful.

znarf

• Paid
  • aka Ludwig von Bangthoven
Driving home from work the other day I thought of the phrase, "angel haired pastatute".

People don't like noodle based puns.  They told me to stop being such a pesto.
Yavuz Liatai Sherman Tank

Frank West

• Have you ever astraled and kicked it with satan
  • Ridiculist
  • Marky Mk 2
Naming a maid or servant character in a TV show "Alexa" so that every time a character asks her to do something, the viewer's alexa gets set off.
Corn Syrup chai tea latte xX_sp00ks_Xx Yavuz Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop I Liked That Joke Sherman Tank Cirr

Yavuz

• Fave: Heavily Excessive Prekumquatxop
  • Paid
  • whats up you cem loving fuck
Naming a maid or servant character in a TV show "Alexa" so that every time a character asks her to do something, the viewer's alexa gets set off.
Wank Fest, January 07, 2017, 10:36:30 am

"I'll have my secretary, Okgoogle, call you tomorrow to confirm, then. Good night."
(click)
"Okgoogle, remember to call Cliff Buttington tomorrow at 9."
Frank West chai tea latte