Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 05:19:32 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: Episode 102: I've Also Got An Idea For A Reboot Of Young Guns  (Read 26194 times)

Chaz

• is tuning the tiny timpanis
  • Paid
  • I'm being doppelgangstalked
I've only started listening and "From Dusk Til Dog" got me. This is going to be a good episode, I know it.

KingKalamari

• Cephalopod Enthusiast
  • Paid
  • It's Samba time for Tambo & Weep Day for Urine Man
All throughout this episode I couldn't not think of Dinosaur Comics...

Turtle

• [F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+]
  • Paid
Where's the hover text?
Where's the email field?
WHERE'S THE RSS JOKE GOD DAMNIT?

Psammetichus

• ᕕ(⊙ω⊙)ᕗ
  • Paid
  • O damn'd Sonic! O inhuman hog!
I've only ever heard two references to House of Leaves, and both were on this podcast.

edit: Jesus Christ, MZD is writing an as-of-yet unreleased book in twenty-seven volumes. 
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 12:59:02 am by Psammetichus »

Boots Raingear

• BBQ Man-Pop
  • Administrator
  • CEO of Victor's basement
I've only ever heard two references to House of Leaves, and both were on this podcast.

edit: Jesus Christ, MZD is writing an as-of-yet unreleased book in twenty-seven volumes.
Psammetichus, May 14, 2013, 12:53:39 am

Volumes 3 through 14 are each a single unicode character.

Xenomantid

• Giant Martian Arthropod
  • Paid
  • Some of my best friends are spacers.
The bird-people movie sounds like a hoot. No kidding, I would actually watch an animated feature about tribes of bird-folk worshiping avian deities in San Francisco.

OrganGrinder

• pregnant semen-genie
  • Paid
  • needs to check his privlege
these are the kickstarter of ridiculous budget douchery with little to no proper writing. i agree with lemon that there's no reason for that site to exist, there's no multi-millionaire going out to that website and be like 'my god, i need to fund ghost dick 3: the redickening'

so where's that thread where i can get mocked for terrible movie ideas

Isfahan

• Ask me about AKs.
  • Ridiculist
  • Trouble with customers? Isfahano cares.
so where's that thread where i can get mocked for terrible movie ideasOrganGrinder, May 14, 2013, 11:43:31 am

Make a thread for your shitty ideas and several of us will be along to make fun of you.

If there's one thing these people are not, it's self-starters. Stand out from the crowd!
Lemon

Adam Bozarth

• Your friend on the internet
  • Ridiculist
  • [File Photo]
I'm glad you guys added the thing at the end that mentioned how FilmProposals.com is essentially worthless. I was sorta worried about making fun of people's movie ideas when I myself am aspiring to write my own movies and TV and the such. There was a bit of relief when the material was as incomprehensible and poorly presented as it was. I think it came up that the proposals were part of a contest, but with no prizes to speak of, it does make it essentially worthless.

This episode is probably the best example of one of my favorite themes on The F Plus, asking the internet to take care of you.
Sherman Tank

Boots Raingear

• BBQ Man-Pop
  • Administrator
  • CEO of Victor's basement
Having to come up with an answer to the "What do you think you learned tonight?" question in there really helps put things into perspective. We ended up spending a good 20 minutes trying to figure out the actual point the site, which I guess is the $50 excel template they sell. Do you think the people who are posting "This movie is about an anime fan named Boots who finds love and adventure" are then saying "Huh, I'm going to need a totally professional looking excel template at some point when I'm making my movie, I should go ahead and buy it now."?

montrith

• Petrodactyl Spotter
  • Internaut
  • You must be this tall to ride
Hey Adam! I have a perfect idea for your movie. There's this girl called May Ontrith who's kind of nerdy and geeky but actually she's a super secret spy who is hired by Al Gore to kill the person who's doing global warming only he turns out to be good looking (Hugh Jackman BUT ONLY WITH BEARD!) say they fall in love and she turns evil but not really because at the end her old dog comes and licks her face and it turns out she was good all along and Hugh is still evil but only so much it's cool to go out on a date with him and he likes dogs they go eat icecream together and everyone is greatful and gives her all the playstation games and a new WII YEE!

Yossarian

• Sophisticated Sophistry
  • Paid
  • No one tell Hitler!
I think I know what happened to these writers. Someone forgot to tell them not to do the cocaine until after the script was finished.

I wanted to make a house of leaves joke about the hellivator, and then another later on about finding the script but shit someone is on the ball. I think we need a house of leaves thread. Or maybe an episode from the house of leaves forums, I'm not sure how good that place is but I imagine there's enough troper-like wild mass guessing going on to take a look sometime.

Adam Bozarth

• Your friend on the internet
  • Ridiculist
  • [File Photo]
Hey Adam! I have a perfect idea for your movie. There's this girl called May Ontrith who's kind of nerdy and geeky but actually she's a super secret spy who is hired by Al Gore to kill the person who's doing global warming only he turns out to be good looking (Hugh Jackman BUT ONLY WITH BEARD!) say they fall in love and she turns evil but not really because at the end her old dog comes and licks her face and it turns out she was good all along and Hugh is still evil but only so much it's cool to go out on a date with him and he likes dogs they go eat icecream together and everyone is greatful and gives her all the playstation games and a new WII YEE!
montrith, May 14, 2013, 02:13:30 pm
What's your budget on this? Do we have to throw a Hugh Jackman rap gathering after we wrap?

montrith

• Petrodactyl Spotter
  • Internaut
  • You must be this tall to ride
What's your budget on this? Do we have to throw a Hugh Jackman rap gathering after we wrap?

I'm thinking 27 mil, with 26 mil going towards the rap gathering. The rest is for bottled water, as we will brand our movie by only drinking Bling H2O. As for the movie itself, my sister has an hand-held camera and I'm sure Hugh will do it for free just to attend the rap gathering.

Neal

Oh, wow. I just started following the John Vincent Mingo trail around Google, and I think this might be an episode by itself.