Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:45:13 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: 246: Compose With Joystick Controllers  (Read 17483 times)

MyFaceBeHi

• Second worst joke person
  • Paid
246: Compose With Joystick Controllers #45
I like video games. I have played video games since my sister gave me her C64 way back in the early 90s. However, because I didn't write extremely long dissertations about why knuckles the echidna is an allegory for the democrats then I guess I can't consider myself a "gamer!"
Shell Game

GirlKisser420

• Its time for limpboys to have their day in the sun
  • Paid
  • Just a Baby Drinkin Coffee
246: Compose With Joystick Controllers #46
the thing about the games as art debate is that most sensible people who'd want to prove that would make a Game, rather than vomit some symbols from them into shitty prose. Catridge Lit is a bunch of hangers-on trying to justify their consumption.
Shell Game Yavuz Dawnswalker Sherman Tank Corn Syrup Eider Duck

Puppy Time

• Rainbow Brownshirt
  • Paid
  • AND THEN THEY'LL HAVE A DONKEY HEAD!
246: Compose With Joystick Controllers #47
They're not even proving games to be art, they're just making (shitty) art about games.  That'd be like me saying "Captain America movies are art, here's some devart fanart to prove it!"
Yavuz Shell Game

blunge

• Paid
246: Compose With Joystick Controllers #48
There does seem to be some correlation between shitty work and academic achievement at least as far as creative writing goes.

Shell Game

• Fearless: The Fiscal Year of Shadow
  • Paid
  • Rex Morgan knows about Pretty Cure. Look it up.
246: Compose With Joystick Controllers #49
I think, at least in this situation,
that in creative writing/lit departments these types find their niche by merit of being overseen by people who know very little about video games and therefore allow the writers free reign over content. Most categories outside of the realms lit has traditionally focused on get a pass I imagine.

Neal

246: Compose With Joystick Controllers #50
Achilles' Heelies Moose Boots Raingear Wrought Dr. Buttplug Shell Game SHAMBA~1.SBB Sherman Tank Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop Macho Masc Sangy Savage Yavuz junior associate faguar

Macho Masc Sangy Savage

• Beep Beep Imma Dwarf Jeep
  • Paid
  • 🍕 Pizza Philosopher 🍕
246: Compose With Joystick Controllers #51
...but I would read that