Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:07:04 pm

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: Favorite Running Gags / Callbacks / Meta Jokes?  (Read 44152 times)

KingKalamari

• Cephalopod Enthusiast
  • Paid
  • It's Samba time for Tambo & Weep Day for Urine Man
Favorite Running Gags / Callbacks / Meta Jokes?
Pretty self explanatory, I think.

It always makes me smile whenever Kumquat answers a question with "Lobster Hands"

Ansemaru

• we put our faith in
  • Paid
  • blast hardcheese
Unsurprisingly, my heart lies with every time Portaxx responds to a misunderstanding about animals with "AND BIRD KNEES DON'T BEND BACKWARDS!"

Also Slug Voice.

Emperor Jack Chick

• he/him
  • Ridiculist
  • Metal tyrant from hell
The problem with callbacks is Portaxx STILL won't give me my fucking letters!
zmonbobbo spirographics Sherman Tank Liatai

Bobalay

• FORUMS MEMBER
  • Paid
  • is made of 50 unbreakable g-strings
"In shitting!" never became a running gag but it should've.

Boots Raingear

• BBQ Man-Pop
  • Administrator
  • CEO of Victor's basement
I don't think I have a favorite, but I'm wondering which ones we've used the most. I'm thinking it's probably a tie between Well-Known Food Place and courtesy pee.

Isfahan

• Ask me about AKs.
  • Ridiculist
  • Trouble with customers? Isfahano cares.
Well-Known Food Place is a great all-purpose joke to use anytime we're reading someone being unnecessarily or coyly vague about something.

Isfahan

• Ask me about AKs.
  • Ridiculist
  • Trouble with customers? Isfahano cares.
Ooh, there's also the persistent storyline I have going in my head where every time Boots has to shout an all-caps post, the timing is such that his neighbors always hear him, either through the wall or outside as they walk by a window. Their entire familiarity with Boots is based upon overhearing him shout things at his computer monitor.

chai tea latte

• TheftBot is, simply put, a fully sentient robot for stealing automatic teller machines
  • Paid
  • (ATMs) from nearby convenience stores.
Ooh, there's also the persistent storyline I have going in my head where every time Boots has to shout an all-caps post, the timing is such that his neighbors always hear him, either through the wall or outside as they walk by a window. Their entire familiarity with Boots is based upon overhearing him shout things at his computer monitor.
Isfahan, February 21, 2014, 09:40:46 pm

I think you've mentioned this enough times in the podcast that I'm actually sold on it.
Liatai

Tiny Prancer

• Tiny and angry
  • Paid
  • please be more respectable to physics
I can't really think of many atm but anytime someone on the podcast mentions clingfilm it warms the cockles of my heart

TheCrawlingChaos

• IWASWONDERINGIFTHEREWEREANYSTORIESWHEREJENSENISACATPERSONANDJAREDISADOGPERSONANDSOMEHOWTHISISACOMPLICATIONINTHEIRRELATIONSHIP?!?
  • Paid
  • Messenger of the Outer Gods
jack-chick, February 21, 2014, 08:43:56 pm

I'm mostly just glad we finally have a definitive answer on the identities of Catullus and Lesbia. I minored in Classics, this is the kind of thing that's funny to me.

For my part, callbacks to any of the PUA stuff (especially any variation on "points to schlong") always make me giggle like an idiot.

One Of The Crappy Pokemon That Nobody Likes

• Oh no it's the "The-World-Owes-Me-A-Living Lads"!!
  • Ridiculist
  • RARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARR
jack-chick, February 21, 2014, 08:43:56 pm

FOR THE LAST TIME, JACK, I. DO. NOT. HAVE. THEM.

>(

Also as for great recurring jokes:

- I don't know if this counts as a "running gag" or simply "the natural consequences of having Stog in the podcast," but all the "thanks Stog" moments make me smile.

- The Jimmyfranks curse, which will never be broken.

- Not a joke really, but I just wanted to say every time someone says "YAY VICTOR" is the best. Because YAY VICTOR!
Yossarian Sherman Tank Moose Liatai
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 03:21:55 am by portaxx »

🍆

• Spongy Wood Witch
  • Paid
  • Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge cunt
Anytime a ridiculist imitates another ridiculists voice.

Also, it's totally an unintentional/uncommented-on recurring thing but I smile every time Boots says or reads "soe-rry" because it's so Canadian.
Hux

Lady Frenzy

• ride junk ride drunk
  • Paid
  • Doctor doctor, I've got the lady frenzy
No Diggity.
Lemon 🍆 count_actuala nigeline chai tea latte Moriarty Trill La Trill jorty Sherman Tank znarf

nigeline

• Willy Dang Doodle
  • Paid
  • All you do is dump
I wish Annie May would make another appearance. Having him/her and fatvoice in one episode was too good not to repeat

Neal

I'm a sucker for pretty much any callback, but I have a special place in my heart-equivalent torso space for recurrences of Jeremy Fernandez or "...and I like fried chicken!"