Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 18, 2024, 09:13:57 pm

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: Episode 148: Exclusive Unoriginal Content  (Read 21212 times)

🍆

• Spongy Wood Witch
  • Paid
  • Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge cunt
Episode 148: Exclusive Unoriginal Content #30
The Whateley Universe is a Web Original prose Shared Universe in a Superhero School scenario with elements of the Cthulhu Mythos added into it. It was inspired by an X-Men fanfic written by one of Whateley's many authors.

...Okay? I don't know why this is added to every trope page ever but...

In one of many twists, between a sixth to a third of the students have a subconscious image of the form that their body ought to take, known as their Body Image Template (BIT). Mutants with a BIT generally gain either a physical or mental package of powers, frequently both. The physical package includes both beauty and brawn, the mental package includes major intelligence boosts as well as memory, etc. A BIT may change any aspect of a person's body, including their sex. In some cases the transformation may turn them into inhuman whatevers right out of a horror movie.

Oh for fuck's sake.
KingKalamari, August 26, 2014, 06:53:45 pm

Okay but when do they get into alternate dimension not-peeing battles? Or do these mutants not have cool superpowers.
Vinny Possum SHAMBA~1.SBB

applecake

• Paid
  • Made for TV
Episode 148: Exclusive Unoriginal Content #31
I laughed harder at this episode than anything else in the past few weeks. I don't know what it is about it, since TVTropes doesn't interest me much, but...damn. It was great.

Adam trying to look up the definition of a Mary Sue gets me into face-hurting silent giggling every time I go back to it.

Mister Smalls

• Steampunk Evita original cast member
  • Paid
Episode 148: Exclusive Unoriginal Content #32
I put off listening to this episode for so long because this kind of thing is, for me, the most horrifically uncomfortable material that the F Plus reads.  Every episode about nerds who try to become the next Neil Gaiman by regurgitating previously consumed pieces of pop culture mashed up into unreadable messes makes me cringe so hard that my face feels like it's going to turn inside out.

For people who seem to love steampunk and science fiction so much, they don't seem to have any actual idea of what makes it appealing.  What does it add to Evita to put robots in it?  Why would I want to read a Firefly ripoff with cyborgs and pedophilia?  Who would ever want to read this, apart from the people who made it?
Maxine Headroom

Isfahan

• Ask me about AKs.
  • Ridiculist
  • Trouble with customers? Isfahano cares.
Episode 148: Exclusive Unoriginal Content #33
Also the "questions" are, for the most part, just flimsy pretenses to run the plot outlines by people and reap some praise. Just like some of the Is It Normal and Yahoo Answers people, they're more interested in talking about themselves/their writing than actually asking a meaningful question, but they recognize that they'll get more exposure in a place where people are looking to answer questions and (theoretically) be helpful.
SHAMBA~1.SBB

chai tea latte

• TheftBot is, simply put, a fully sentient robot for stealing automatic teller machines
  • Paid
  • (ATMs) from nearby convenience stores.
Episode 148: Exclusive Unoriginal Content #34
Also the "questions" are, for the most part, just flimsy pretenses to run the plot outlines by people and reap some praise. Just like some of the Is It Normal and Yahoo Answers people, they're more interested in talking about themselves/their writing than actually asking a meaningful question, but they recognize that they'll get more exposure in a place where people are looking to answer questions and (theoretically) be helpful.
Isfahan, September 07, 2014, 07:22:18 pm

raised by swat team??
SHAMBA~1.SBB

KingKalamari

• Cephalopod Enthusiast
  • Paid
  • It's Samba time for Tambo & Weep Day for Urine Man
Episode 148: Exclusive Unoriginal Content #35
I put off listening to this episode for so long because this kind of thing is, for me, the most horrifically uncomfortable material that the F Plus reads.  Every episode about nerds who try to become the next Neil Gaiman by regurgitating previously consumed pieces of pop culture mashed up into unreadable messes makes me cringe so hard that my face feels like it's going to turn inside out.

For people who seem to love steampunk and science fiction so much, they don't seem to have any actual idea of what makes it appealing.  What does it add to Evita to put robots in it?  Why would I want to read a Firefly ripoff with cyborgs and pedophilia?  Who would ever want to read this, apart from the people who made it?
Mister Smalls, September 07, 2014, 02:24:47 pm

The population of TVTropes tends to not actually care for the craft of writing so much as just the idea of being a ~writer~. It's also fairly obvious reading through a bunch of their stuff that they don't really want to write prose so much as they want to make animes or tv shows but lack the skill, drive and resources to do so and settle for trying to write novels because it's "easier".

Of course as anyone who has attempted to actually, seriously write will tell you it is not, in fact easier.
SHAMBA~1.SBB

Mister Smalls

• Steampunk Evita original cast member
  • Paid
Episode 148: Exclusive Unoriginal Content #36
It seems like the same thing I was complaining about in the topic for the Patreon episode.

The fact that you like a form of media does not mean you need to start trying to make that form of media.  You are probably far too lazy and unqualified to even begin to try to make these things.

goombapolice

• a muscular, cum producing MONSTER
  • Paid
Episode 148: Exclusive Unoriginal Content #37
I love the episodes where you guys react very negatively to posts made solely to garner positive affirmation/attention.
SHAMBA~1.SBB

Bodark

• Joan Ocean's #1 Fansquatch
  • Paid
  • I'm real and I tried to suck your dick.
While I'm at it, the "super soldiers disabled by the Gilligan's Island theme song" shit is entirely ripped off of the third Lilo & Stitch movie, Leroy & Stitch, in which the clones of a new and improved versions of Stitch are disabled by Elvis Presley's rendition of "Aloha 'Oe."

Zekka

• I AM IN INTO MATHEMATICAL CALCULATIONS AND MANY METHODS USED IN THE STOCK MARKET
  • Paid
While I'm at it, the "super soldiers disabled by the Gilligan's Island theme song" shit is entirely ripped off of the third Lilo & Stitch movie, Leroy & Stitch, in which the clones of a new and improved versions of Stitch are disabled by Elvis Presley's rendition of "Aloha 'Oe."
Bodark, June 01, 2016, 08:24:24 pm
IS NOTHING SACRED
Amelia Blank Bodark Sherman Tank Lemon SHAMBA~1.SBB

Sherman Tank

• Licensed Kadir-Buxton Method Practitioner
  • Associate Tag Director, East
  • I'm over 30 years old and I like fried chicken.
Lemon's utter seething hatred of Joss Whedon never fails to cheer me up, because it's nice to know I'm not alone.
Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop Bodark Lemon RoeCocoa Nifty Nif Really_Quite_Nice SHAMBA~1.SBB FourStopCrossShot xdaringdamselx

SHAMBA~1.SBB

• I love dungs!!
  • Paid
  • ƨtupid cat
Episode 148: Exclusive Unoriginal Content #41
Haven't listened to this episode in years but suddenly and vividly remembered the jello car that kills its driver if it hits a pedestrian.
chai tea latte xdaringdamselx xX_sp00ks_Xx Immoral Filth