Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:17:40 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: What's up with your username?  (Read 127447 times)

fluffy

• Paid
  • free hugs
What's up with your username? #75
EDITED TO ADD BECAUSE HE IS WELL KNOWN IN MY NECK OF THE WOODS AND THAT ONLY PISSES ME OFF EVEN FURTHER:

On February 10, 2012, Iglesias was presented with several awards by the city of El Paso, Texas, including the key to the city, a resolution from the El Paso County Commissioners, Congressional Recognition from Congressman Silvestre Reyes, and the Beacon of H.O.P.E Award from the nonprofit organization Operation H.O.P.E, during a luncheon fundraiser that raised an estimated $5,000.[6]
STOG, July 26, 2013, 06:23:40 pm
Having spent some time in El Paso this doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

Delcat

• Paid
What's up with your username? #76
Do you bite, though?  Do you bite fingers off?  Do you chase toddlers around squalling at them and attempting to bite them and steal their food until they cry and soil their Garanimals?  CAN YOU BREAK A MAN'S ARM?

Wait, that last one's swans.  I forget what the bite strength is on a goose.  What's the largest bone you break on average?  Do not include metacarpals or metatarsals.

fluffy

• Paid
  • free hugs
What's up with your username? #77
fuck Twitter support

HazelLytle, Jul 31 03:14 pm (PDT):

Hello,

While we understand your frustration, the reported behavior is not in violation of the Twitter Rules (http://twitter.com/rules).

Here are some quick tips to help you with your situation:

• Do not respond to the user. We have found that responding to someone who is intentionally attempting to aggravate you or others encourages them to continue their behavior.
• Block the user. You can block the user using the blocking feature described here: https://support.twitter.com/entries/117063
• Learn more about how to deal with abusive users: https://support.twitter.com/articles/15794
• Learn how to flag inappropriate media here: https://support.twitter.com/articles/20069937

As a policy, we do not mediate content and we do not intervene in disputes between users. This means that users are allowed to post potentially inflammatory content, provided that they do not violate the Twitter Rules.

If someone feels personally threatened, or if you believe the content you are reporting is prohibited in your local jurisdiction, please contact your local authorities with the information you provided to us. You can point local law enforcement to our Law Enforcement Guidelines here: https://support.twitter.com/articles/41949.

Please let us know if you believe the behavior has escalated or otherwise violates our rules.

Thanks,

HazelLytle
Twitter Trust & Safety

Of course they always take forever to get back on any sort of abuse report, and when I had a crazy violent stalker who was creating a new account, sending a lot of threatening/abusive messages, then repeating, by the time they'd get back to me the abuser would have already deleted the accounts.  Useful.

ETA: just noticed that the twitter rules page makes it explicitly against the rules to buy a username. Too bad Iglesias himself never directly contacted me - he had another (shitty) comedian reach out to me with that offer.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 05:18:45 pm by fluffy »

eatenmyeyes

• Paid
What's up with your username? #78
This is the name I used on POE.  I just found out about this place from a thread on bo-ne.ws.

zugunruhe

• Pansexual starfish
  • Paid
What's up with your username? #79
Zugunruhe is like weird and German and stuff

"Zugunruhe (pronounced German pronunciation: [ˈtsuːkˌʔʊnʁuːə]) is a German compound word consisting of Zug (move, migration) and Unruhe (anxiety, restlessness).
In ethology it describes anxious behavior in migratory animals, especially in birds during the normal migration period. When these animals are enclosed, such as in an Emlen funnel, zugunruhe serves to study the seasonal cycles of the migratory syndrome. Zugunruhe involves increased activity towards and after dusk with changes in the normal sleep pattern. Researchers have been able to study the endocrine controls and navigational mechanisms associated with migration by studying zugunruhe."

I came up with it when I was an angsty suburban teen and it stuck around until I was a relatively adjusted urban young adult. I guess I just needed to migrate?

Duster

What's up with your username? #80
I'm a big history buff, and I mostly focus on early 20th century American disasters and even more specifically the Dust Bowl since I have family history with it. "Duster" was a Dust Bowl slang for the huge dust storms.

Runic

• Is Putting A Donk On It
  • Paid
  • John Brown did nothing wrong
What's up with your username? #81
Yeah, some of those old dust storms were fucking crazy. Apparently some of them deposited dust as far east as Washington DC.

Yossarian

• Sophisticated Sophistry
  • Paid
  • No one tell Hitler!
What's up with your username? #82
Once that shit hits the jet streams it goes everywhere.

Tetriphile

• Paid
What's up with your username? #83
I really enjoy Tetris.  And since it needs to be said, now that I think about it, no, I don't mean sexually.  But I did once find Tetris fanfic on fanfiction.net.  So...

Sion

• Paid
What's up with your username? #84

I always feel guilty when I see this because I get excited and prepare to make a post, but then my enthusiasm gets crushed and I just try to find a more recent thread.
But you know what? Fuck it. Fuck that, fuck your rules, fuck Lemon oh god please don't ban me

I just sorta made it up. The confusing part is that it's not pronounced "Shaun" like the Scandinavian name "Sion" is, but rather like the car or Mass Effect 2 enemy, "Scion."

I also get really mad when people ask me if it's related to Darth Sion or Sion from League of Legends.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 08:29:38 am by Sion »

Fatty Bo Batty

• Adult Baby Protective Services Officer
  • Paid
  • Is good to make a posting
What's up with your username? #85
So, like "See-on," or "Sai-on?"

I'm fat, that's my story. Used to be Tubbs McGee.

Sion

• Paid
What's up with your username? #86
So, like "See-on," or "Sai-on?"
FattyBoBatty, July 15, 2014, 04:08:27 pm

Oh, it's "Sai-on." I usually use "Sigh-on" as a pronunciation guide to make it really simple.

I don't know why I get so bothered about how it's pronounced, but I do.

A Meat

• Artificial Man Pop Seasoning
  • Paid
  • filled with delicious dude meat
What's up with your username? #87
My user name is a homophone of my real name, more or less.

chai tea latte

• TheftBot is, simply put, a fully sentient robot for stealing automatic teller machines
  • Paid
  • (ATMs) from nearby convenience stores.
What's up with your username? #88
My user name is a homophone of my real name, more or less.
A Meat, July 15, 2014, 04:42:26 pm

oh my god you're the A-Team

Mister Smalls

• Steampunk Evita original cast member
  • Paid
What's up with your username? #89
It's a venue in Pittsburgh where I've gone to see They Might Be Giants a couple times and it sounds like a person's name so I made it my name on the internet.