Projects > The F Plus

Weighing in on Fat Acceptance: A question for the Ridiculists

(1/8) > >>

Delcat:
So a friend of mine and former casual F+ fan listened to Angry Angry Hippos and was really upset by it.  "I think [the F+] are completely vile pieces of shit and I never want to hear about them again" upset.

Personally, I don't hear it.  I'm fat, I've been stigmatized for it, but I liked the episode a lot (except for the having-to-escape-through-a-window lady, since that seemed like someone who genuinely had a lot of self-esteem and anxiety problems and it was honestly sad).

This has been an ongoing argument for some time now, with my friend claiming the F+ has consistently had "extreme fat-shaming issues".  With the diet thread starting up, I figured this would be as good a time as any to ask: How do you guys feel about fat, honestly?

Please note that I'm not asking for a bias one way or the other.  I just feel that it's more proactive to directly ask people what their beliefs are then try to cobble them together from snark readings.

chai tea latte:
I've always thought the end bumper on that episode was a pretty good answer to this question, honestly.

Goose Goose Honk At Me Now:
I would imagine that, like most of the episodes, their issue isn't with the thing people get angry about but the fact that they go Full Internet angry. And you never go Full Internet.

But I could be wrong.

(Also if your friend is up in arms about it being "consistently fat-shaming" then she clearly has no sense of humor because fatvoice is never not funny.)

Delcat:
I've always thought the end bumper on that episode was a pretty good answer to this question, honestly.
kal-elk, May 28, 2013, 11:40:39 pm
--- End quote ---

Me too, honestly, I'm just aggravated by this whole argument and figured it'd be simplest to ask for a direct answer.

count_actuala:
Obviously you shouldn't be mean to someone just because they're overweight, but for me there's a line of absurdity beyond which it's ridiculous to expect anything other than jeers. That line is getting up at dawn to buy 18 donuts which you then woof down in one go.

ETA: To expand, you're ostensibly entitled to your personal health decisions, but don't expect people to not point out the blisteringly stupid ones. You can buy your basket of Twinkies and say fuck you to whoever points out you're trying to live off Twinkies, but it's equally their right to point out that you're killing yourself with yellow snack cakes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version