Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:35:51 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: 322: The F Plus Praises!  (Read 12102 times)

Lemon

• Whatever happened to Freedom of Speech?
  • Administrator
  • ...IT'S NOW THE MASH!
322: The F Plus Praises!
Shell Game Dr. Buttplug Ambious chai tea latte Salubrious Rex Yavuz

Shell Game

• Showrunner of Extra Credit
  • Paid
  • Rex Morgan knows about Pretty Cure. Look it up.
322: The F Plus Praises! #1
Fuck. This episode is nothing but nostalgia for me and I already love it. For real I heard so many of these songs. I even had to sing a couple of the less awful ones.

Also wanted to share the song in which the singer rhymed Jesus with "Diseasus."

Yes. That's supposed to be the pull plural of diseases. Instead it evokes an infectious anti-jesus who inflicts sickness on the innocent.

Anyway, i can see why the turnaround was so quick, and I'm not even finished with the episode. I'm just getting to the dead penis who lost its soul semen.

Edit: also loving J's continued lizard content.
Salubrious Rex adrenochrome dome
« Last Edit: April 20, 2020, 11:38:31 am by Shell Game »

Ambious

• Moist
  • Paid
322: The F Plus Praises! #2
Bots Ranigar is my favorite Vikings character.

In other news: This is an amazing documents and a seminal episode.
It also works really with Episode 12: The Christmas Offensive which I just listened to today!
Salubrious Rex adrenochrome dome
« Last Edit: April 20, 2020, 12:25:28 pm by Ambious »

Cheapskate

• Persnickety fussbudget
  • Paid
322: The F Plus Praises! #3
Kathy Beardsley takes the podium at First Presbyterian to recite another one of her poems. Her voice echoes through the half-empty hall as “Don’t Compromise” makes the audience of retired schoolteachers and insurance salesmen uncomfortable. Reverend Elaine puts on her serene face.

Also: Adam’s performance of “25 Ways to say NO!! to drugs” seems very Song Poem inspired, like a long-lost Rodd Keith track.
SHAMBA~1.SBB

Puppy Time

• Rainbow Brownshirt
  • Paid
  • AND THEN THEY'LL HAVE A DONKEY HEAD!
322: The F Plus Praises! #4
I think I know what the hell that Knuckles poem was doing with the Australian German Shepherd!

I was a big fan of the Sonic comics as a kid, and vaguely remembered some characters who fit the description, and after a while of cruising a wiki for the comics, discovered the Dingoes, which were nazi monster cockogues and, of course, created by Ken Penders.

I am not sure why the poet chose to call them German Shepherds, but I assume it's from not knowing what a dingo is. That seems likely for the type of person who would write Christian poetry about Sonic comic characters from '97 that got erased from continuity.
chai tea latte Cradicus Dr. Buttplug ikaribattousai SHAMBA~1.SBB

Seth "Slimy" Rollins

• I Waterboard Clowns For A Living And I Fucked Up Real Bad
  • Paid
  • ratfucking ourselves into oblivion
322: The F Plus Praises! #5
Puppy Time Wrought Mr. Hunky Academia adrenochrome dome SHAMBA~1.SBB xX_sp00ks_Xx ikaribattousai I Liked That Joke

Neal

322: The F Plus Praises! #6

Seth "Slimy" Rollins, April 21, 2020, 11:49:53 am

It's telling that Knuckles is doing that same twisted-body pose that comic artists like to give women so they're showing their boobs and butt at the same time.
Jabrekkenoni SHAMBA~1.SBB xX_sp00ks_Xx

A Meat

• Artificial Man Pop Seasoning
  • Paid
  • filled with delicious dude meat
322: The F Plus Praises! #7
I will never get over the fact that none of these people tried saying their poems or songs out loud, or if they did they just went "fuck it, can't fix it" and posted them as is

Wrought

• The Unsevered
  • Paid
  • I BELLOW LOUDLY AS I TYPE THIS.
322: The F Plus Praises! #8
Eagerly waiting for the remix of Prospector Bozarth's Country Jesus Banjo Hour
chai tea latte Ambious Puppy Time Shell Game Dr. Buttplug

Mix

• God's Personal Jester
  • Paid
  • ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ
322: The F Plus Praises! #9
i posted this song in the Sounds section ages ago but i am very happy to have an excuse to force people to listen to it again
GirlKisser420 The Smoking Dad

Puppy Time

• Rainbow Brownshirt
  • Paid
322: The F Plus Praises! #10
That was impressively bad scansion.  Like, putting to shame a lot of the poetry in the documents we've read.

Christian music has the same problem as nerdcore and other niche things, where the people who are any good at it usually only do it once in a while in the midst of other stuff, so you just end up with a bunch of mediocre acts who are relying on being a big fish in a small pond that's already inclined to support you because you have "Jesus" or "Video Games" written on your side.

adrenochrome dome

• YIMBY
  • Paid
322: The F Plus Praises! #11

...Christian music has the same problem as nerdcore and other niche things, where the people who are any good at it usually only do it once in a while in the midst of other stuff, so you just end up with a bunch of mediocre acts who are relying on being a big fish in a small pond that's already inclined to support you because you have "Jesus" or "Video Games" written on your side.
Puppy Time, April 21, 2020, 07:27:13 pm

Similarly, fans/worshippers are willing to buy terrible, tacky shit as long as it references their specific thing. (I definitely bought gaudy Harry Potter merchandise as a kid.) Good art stands on its own without references. So buy your Dobby-Stations-of-the-Cross coasters, but pick ones that look decent.

Puppy Time

• Rainbow Brownshirt
  • Paid
322: The F Plus Praises! #12

Similarly, fans/worshippers are willing to buy terrible, tacky shit as long as it references their specific thing. (I definitely bought gaudy Harry Potter merchandise as a kid.) Good art stands on its own without references. So buy your Dobby-Stations-of-the-Cross coasters, but pick ones that look decent.
adrenochrome dome, April 23, 2020, 04:57:50 pm

I've been procrastinating on a "same energy" tweet about that with geek and Christian t-shirts.

That being said, I feel like a Dobby Stations of the Cross would make some good ironic niche money.
adrenochrome dome

adrenochrome dome

• YIMBY
  • Paid
322: The F Plus Praises! #13
Dobby Stations of the Cross would make some good ironic niche money.
Puppy Time, April 23, 2020, 08:29:14 pm

If you did them in the style of stained glass or artsy tarot cards.

Antivehicular

• she/her
  • Paid
  • ridin' high in my supervan
322: The F Plus Praises! #14
Fuckin' Santa couldn't even spring for an air mattress for the soldier?

Also, that Christian metal song was insufficiently horny for a Semisonic track, which is a disappointment given how many Christian rock songs are generic love and/or fuck jams except about Jesus.