Snakes In The Ball Pit > Yay, I get to talk about me!

So, Ballpit, what did we learn today?

<< < (2/41) > >>

A Meat:
Today I learned “Who Let the Dogs Out” by the Baha Men is actually a cover. It was originally written by Anslem Douglas, a soca musician from Trinidad, in 1998 - two years before the Baha Men’s version.
Dragon Friend, June 05, 2021, 11:43:49 am
--- End quote ---
Same thing with Bow Wow Wow's "I Want Candy", it's originally by The Strangeloves and is from 1965. The versions are very similar, but the Bow Wow Wow one doesn't have a saxophone

moooo566 (taylor's version):
In Where's Waldo (or Where's Wally if you're British), Waldo has an official nemesis, called Odlaw, he lives in a swamp and he looks like this

A Meat, June 05, 2021, 04:15:12 am
--- End quote ---

Today I learned that Odlaw is backwards for Waldo and not just some made up name that sounds vaguely menacing. I'd never seen them in the same sentence because I know him as Wally, so the meaning was lost.

Achilles' Heelies:
In Where's Waldo (or Where's Wally if you're British), Waldo has an official nemesis, called Odlaw, he lives in a swamp and he looks like this

A Meat, June 05, 2021, 04:15:12 am
--- End quote ---
Yeknod, get outta my swamp!

Blandest:
I've never understood why Wally had a nemesis called Odlaw when it's what the American version of a British book calls the main character.

ETA: There's a good 99% invisible episode about who let the dogs out. https://99percentinvisible.org/episode/whomst-among-us-let-the-dogs-out/ if anyone is interested.

Great Joe:
My digital caliper has a brake in it that's just a strip of copper kept in place by tiny thread screws and actuated by a thumbscrew.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version