Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:58:15 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: 259: Eat Me Drink Me  (Read 25629 times)

Frank West

• Have you ever astraled and kicked it with satan
  • Ridiculist
  • Marky Mk 2
259: Eat Me Drink Me #45
(i know its not made WITH their body cultures, but taking a sample of them to 3d print sushi based off of the readings is still...quite a thing that is happening, apparently)
Mix, March 18, 2019, 09:44:05 pm

Oh, it's DEFINITELY not a thing that is actually happening. There's several steps in this that are impossible. The "brains" behind this probably think that if they want it really really hard, they can make it happen, and will eventually blame other people for not believing in their impossible dumb idea enough.
SHAMBA~1.SBB

A Meat

• Artificial Man Pop Seasoning
  • Paid
  • filled with delicious dude meat
259: Eat Me Drink Me #46
Is there tech that lets you 3d print something edible yet? because I doubt that we can 3d blue fin tuna at this point in time, to say the least

Frank West

• Have you ever astraled and kicked it with satan
  • Ridiculist
  • Marky Mk 2
259: Eat Me Drink Me #47
I mean, there's definitely things where you could put in like, rice, or jelly, or bread or w/e and it would print the food out into a shape. That's what a 3d printer would do with food and I guess it's possible! But 3d printers don't create new matter, it's not like it's the food replicator from star trek. Even if we had that, we wouldn't call it a 3d printer!

It's continuously astounding to me how many people work in the "tech industry" to whom technology is basically magic. I can only assume that it's so easy to use technology these days without knowing how it works that lots of rich idiots just....don't learn.
Lemon SHAMBA~1.SBB Sherman Tank Shell Game

Neal

259: Eat Me Drink Me #48
Is there tech that lets you 3d print something edible yet? because I doubt that we can 3d blue fin tuna at this point in time, to say the least
A Meat, March 19, 2019, 10:07:55 am

Yeah, like Frank said, there are machines that work like standard 3d printers, but they extrude food-based substances instead of plastic. It's kind of like using a Play-Doh kitchen but you're actually supposed to eat what you make. There've been "food printers" since the Foodini was created in 2014, and BeeHex created a "pizza printer" intended for use by NASA crews on the ISS.

A Meat

• Artificial Man Pop Seasoning
  • Paid
  • filled with delicious dude meat
259: Eat Me Drink Me #49
I was asking if anybody actually did the dumb thing of making playdoh things but for food homogenate, but also if some crazy person was doing practical and late stage research on how to grow synthetic tissue in a lab, for the purposes of eating

Neal

259: Eat Me Drink Me #50
I was asking if anybody actually did the dumb thing of making playdoh things but for food homogenate, but also if some crazy person was doing practical and late stage research on how to grow synthetic tissue in a lab, for the purposes of eating
A Meat, March 19, 2019, 03:15:58 pm

Yeah, that's happening too. https://www.cnet.com/news/lab-grown-cultured-clean-meat-tasting-the-chicken-of-the-future-just-inc/

Pavlova

• Paid
259: Eat Me Drink Me #51
There's a woman who is drinking semen smoothies as a way to fight off Covid - which is a fun and gross thing (if you've not seen the Vice video, don't watch it.)

Was talking to my friends about that and introduced them to the podcast via the cocktail recipes in the doc - and some of them were keen on the idea of trying them.

So that's fun.
GirlKisser420 SHAMBA~1.SBB Puppy Time Dr. Buttplug

Puppy Time

• Rainbow Brownshirt
  • Paid
  • AND THEN THEY'LL HAVE A DONKEY HEAD!
259: Eat Me Drink Me #52
There's a woman who is drinking semen smoothies as a way to fight off Covid - which is a fun and gross thing (if you've not seen the Vice video, don't watch it.)
Pavlova, July 27, 2020, 12:55:52 am

My first instinct would be to worry that this would increase your risk of catching it, though I'm guessing transmission via non-respiratory bodily fluids is probably not a realistic concern. 

SHAMBA~1.SBB

• I love dungs!!
  • Paid
  • ƨtupid cat
259: Eat Me Drink Me #53
The video appears to be gone.  I guess it wasn't up to Vice's standards of journalistic integrity after all.

Down10

• Square Pusher
  • Paid
259: Eat Me Drink Me #54
The video appears to be gone.  I guess it wasn't up to Vice's standards of journalistic integrity after all.
SHAMBA~1.SBB, July 28, 2020, 03:50:32 am
Further proof that big tech and the liberal media is silencing cumservatives!

1234GO!

• Paid
  • beyond buildings and food
259: Eat Me Drink Me #55
Puppy Time