Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 04:58:13 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: LEMON NEEDS HELP: Collect incorrect statements  (Read 18422 times)

Isfahan

• Ask me about AKs.
  • Ridiculist
  • Trouble with customers? Isfahano cares.
Not to get all Wikipedia-sperg, but a lot of these entries are based on conjecture (e.g. "Having your breasts inflate feels good") rather than an objective falseness. There's a difference between saying "I can't imagine that inflating breasts feels good" and "I know for a fact having your boobs fill with sugar is painful."

Also a lot of the entries are based on fictional premises, like stories that are made up to begin with or anything written for Malatora.

Then again, I don't know what Lemon needs these statements for, so maybe it's all good. Whatevs, Picard. I just had the impression that he was looking only for "hard" wrong statements that are demonstrably false like "The Latino people have never had a revolution" and "Light is the most basic corrosive we know of."
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 04:40:39 pm by Isfahan »

Runic

• Is Putting A Donk On It
  • Paid
  • John Brown did nothing wrong
I'm pretty confident that having your breasts fill with suger until they are the size of beach balls would not feel very good. The part where they skin tears off and you start bleeding out, for instance, would likely be quite painful.

Isfahan

• Ask me about AKs.
  • Ridiculist
All I care about is that you understand my point.

Runic

• Is Putting A Donk On It
  • Paid
  • John Brown did nothing wrong
We don't know exactly what Lemon is planning on doing with this information, so it seems appropriate to interpret his instructions as broadly as possible for comedic purposes. Besides, he said he liked what we had so far.

KingKalamari

• Cephalopod Enthusiast
  • Paid
  • It's Samba time for Tambo & Weep Day for Urine Man
I also want in on this illustration racket

Moriarty

• Paid
I am so hoping this is some kind of Apples to Apples / Cards Against Humanity clone with Fplus 'facts' as answer cards.

Lemon

• Whatever happened to Freedom of Speech?
  • Administrator
  • ...IT'S NOW THE MASH!
We don't know exactly what Lemon is planning on doing with this information[...]
Runic, November 07, 2013, 05:10:54 pm
Okay okay, I'll be a little less coy with information, but only just...

So the idea here is a party (card) game, written almost entirely in javascript, where each player is presented with an incorrect statement. You then have to defend the veracity of your own statement, arguing that it is the most least wrong thing being said. After everyone makes their pitch, all players vote on The Most Wrong Thing which was said that round. Statements deemed to be Only Sort of Wrong are discarded, statements deemed Incredibly Wrong are shuffled back in the deck with a bonus indicator attached to them. Both players and statments are awarded points each round, so can earn points for convincing people your statement is correct, and you'll get even more points if that statement was previously determined to be fucking coo-coo.

From the suggestions made in the doc, I've currently added 36 of them to the card database. For these purposes, a declarative statement like "A toilet is becoming a completely foreign object to women." fits much better in the confines of the game than something that would need explanation or definition. If I need to explain what a djinn is, that's gonna make defending my statement harder. Similarly, if there's a confusion of who the subject of a sentence is (is this me saying this or Naryu?), that's also a problem.

All that said, if you put something in the doc I don't like, I won't use it. Scrolling down isn't particularly difficult for me, I have a little wheel on my mouse that does exactly that! So because of that, and because of the fact that it would be healthy for the game to have different kinds of wrong statements, I'm not really encouraging a lot of self-editing at this stage. But I recognize it would be better for you to know what I'm looking for here.

I'm attaching a screenshot, but just please know that the actual game will look nothing like this.

Yossarian
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 11:02:11 pm by Lemon »

Lemon

• Administrator
  • ...IT'S NOW THE MASH!
KingKalamari, November 07, 2013, 06:00:28 pm

And what a racket it is! You'll make zeroes of dollars!

Icons are probably gonna be the first order of business here.

chai tea latte

• TheftBot is, simply put, a fully sentient robot for stealing automatic teller machines
  • Paid
  • (ATMs) from nearby convenience stores.
KingKalamari, November 07, 2013, 06:00:28 pm

And what a racket it is! You'll make zeroes of dollars!

Icons are probably gonna be the first order of business here.
Lemon, November 07, 2013, 10:59:47 pm
I have some pixel art experience, mostly in RPG sprite sheets and icons. Let me know if that's relevant?

Lemon

• Administrator
  • ...IT'S NOW THE MASH!
I have some pixel art experience, mostly in RPG sprite sheets and icons. Let me know if that's relevant?
kal-elk, November 08, 2013, 12:23:15 am
Actuallly no, I'll be going pretty much the opposite direction. 100% Vector.

RARRR

chai tea latte

• TheftBot is, simply put, a fully sentient robot for stealing automatic teller machines
  • Paid
  • (ATMs) from nearby convenience stores.
kal-elk, November 08, 2013, 12:23:15 am
Actuallly no, I'll be going pretty much the opposite direction. 100% Vector.

RARRR
Lemon, November 08, 2013, 12:46:29 am

YAY VECTOR
One Of The Crappy Pokemon That Nobody Likes Runic jimpjorps

montrith

• Petrodactyl Spotter
  • Internaut
  • You must be this tall to ride
Okay, now that I know what you're doing this is going to be much easier.

Isfahan

• Ask me about AKs.
  • Ridiculist
As with Cards Against Humanity and big black dicks, pretty much anything from AboveTopSecret will be a trump when it's played.