Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 04:49:10 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: Completely pointless Thought Of The Day thread  (Read 1434117 times)

Sherman Tank

• Licensed Kadir-Buxton Method Practitioner
  • Associate Tag Director, East
  • I'm over 30 years old and I like fried chicken.
If you're such a good fashion designer, why are you unable to make clothes for more than one body type?
NutshellGulag, July 01, 2016, 07:10:32 pm

Because the fashion world is a horrible, horrible place.

Dr. Buttplug

• Formerly Jackal Flapnasty
  • Paid
  • Legendary Jizz-Wailer
I've noticed a number of similarities between the types of guys that are way too into cars and the types of guys that are into custom vape rigs. I'm now curious about how long it will be until there's a forum for guys who like to fuck their vape rigs.

Bodark

• Joan Ocean's #1 Fansquatch
  • Paid
  • I'm real and I tried to suck your dick.
There are people who think that @dril isn't a troll, and I don't know how to feel about that beyond "unsurprised."
Chaymie Maxine Headroom Really_Quite_Nice

Chaymie

• Paid
What makes it worse is that he and Degg are classic FYAD, a group whose top three tropes are Goku, Hitler, and GBS.
chai tea latte

chai tea latte

• TheftBot is, simply put, a fully sentient robot for stealing automatic teller machines
  • Paid
  • (ATMs) from nearby convenience stores.
I really wouldn't say 'troll' but I think that's splitting hairs. Shitposter maybe.
Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop

Emperor Jack Chick

• he/him
  • Ridiculist
  • Metal tyrant from hell
what

A Meat

• Artificial Man Pop Seasoning
  • Paid
  • filled with delicious dude meat
@dril is a true American hero, he provides incisive commentary about the things that really matter
Bodark Dr. Buttplug chai tea latte Nifty Nif Gyro Cirr Fanzay Maxine Headroom

Runic

• Is Putting A Donk On It
  • Paid
  • John Brown did nothing wrong
There are people who think that @dril isn't a troll, and I don't know how to feel about that beyond "unsurprised."
Bodark, July 05, 2016, 04:48:52 pm
I prefer to think of him as an artist.
chai tea latte Bodark Dr. Buttplug Gyro Nifty Nif Sherman Tank Cirr Maxine Headroom

Carbon

• Paid
  • Can wink with both eyes at once
Is a victim of circumstance a casualty of causality?
Dr. Buttplug xX_sp00ks_Xx Maxine Headroom

Cirr

• who is this guy again
  • Paid
  • WIIIIZAARD FORUMS
I'm never sure if the people who respond to @dril think he's being serious or if they're also being ironic in their seemingly unironic replies.

What I'm saying is the prevalence of irony on the internet makes it a goddamn nightmare to understand anything anymore, so I feel more sympathy for people on Facebook taking the Onion at face value than I might have done five years ago.

A Meat

• Artificial Man Pop Seasoning
  • Paid
  • filled with delicious dude meat
Why aren't there musical pieces especially for whistling? Wanna hear a concerto for soprano whistler or acapella whistling

chai tea latte

• TheftBot is, simply put, a fully sentient robot for stealing automatic teller machines
  • Paid
  • (ATMs) from nearby convenience stores.
Why aren't there musical pieces especially for whistling? Wanna hear a concerto for soprano whistler or acapella whistling
A Meat, July 15, 2016, 10:56:13 am
A Meat

positive stress

• your favorite cool pizza star
  • Paid
  • beep beep ribby ribby
I'm never sure if the people who respond to @dril think he's being serious or if they're also being ironic in their seemingly unironic replies.

What I'm saying is the prevalence of irony on the internet makes it a goddamn nightmare to understand anything anymore, so I feel more sympathy for people on Facebook taking the Onion at face value than I might have done five years ago.
placeholder name, July 15, 2016, 10:40:34 am

I think they're usually trying to be funny and show that they're in on the joke. There was a lot of that when horse_ebooks was a thing

Carbon

• Paid
  • Can wink with both eyes at once
It is difficult to sit up straight and get any benefit from a backrest. It might be time for me to bin my desk chair and go for some form of backless seating arrangement.

Dr. Buttplug

• Formerly Jackal Flapnasty
  • Paid
  • Legendary Jizz-Wailer

placeholder name, July 15, 2016, 10:40:34 am

Irony on the internet is a game of being "in the know." Hints are usually about that signal to those looking for them. There is an argument to be made for humor, or a certain style of humor, to have some subtlety about it, some others achieve humor by trying to trick people. There becomes this culture of smugness about it though, in humor as well as politics and I've become less comfortable with it as of late.

I suppose that you could accuse the F+ of this kind of playing this kind of smug game, but that's just one of the good reasons we have the prime directive.