Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:53:06 pm

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: 273: Flashlight Enthusiasts?  (Read 30256 times)

Macho Masc Sangy Savage

• Beep Beep Imma Dwarf Jeep
  • Paid
  • 🍕 Pizza Philosopher 🍕
273: Flashlight Enthusiasts? #15
Can we have the tag "Fetish Adjacent"? For all the times there's no actual sexual acts involved, but it has all the same trappings as a baffling fetish.
Corn Syrup Achilles' Heelies

Sherman Tank

• Licensed Kadir-Buxton Method Practitioner
  • Associate Tag Director, East
  • I'm over 30 years old and I like fried chicken.
273: Flashlight Enthusiasts? #16
This might be the strangest group of people ever featured on the podcast.

krytton

• CRINGE BUT FREE
  • Paid
  • WORLD IS A FUCK
273: Flashlight Enthusiasts? #17
they're fetishists in every way except sexual and i'm not sure how i feel about that

DetectiveSlowpoke

• Paid
  • Why ballp.it posting Love is Called Fetish?
273: Flashlight Enthusiasts? #18
chai tea latte Achilles' Heelies Dr. Buttplug
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 12:51:31 am by DetectiveSlowpoke »

rhorsman

• Oculus Pffffft
  • Paid
  • Lorem ipsum come around and get some
273: Flashlight Enthusiasts? #19
Have to admit, when it first came up my reaction was "A flashlight with downloadable firmware? Hmmm, tell me more..." But then I shook it off.

Anyway, here's a picture of my new mousepad, caught in the glorious beam of my TK-12(ver b.2) 40 gigalumen continual burst monthly carry. I'm sure you've noticed the delicate rose shading to the tonsure of the pernumbulatic field, and yes that is the result of loading GhostFaceKlickah420's mod of the community's already great "Lumentations of Your Enemies" firmware. Thanks, GFK420!

P.S. - I AM BOTH HARD AND WET RIGHT NOW
Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop SHAMBA~1.SBB Macho Masc Sangy Savage Achilles' Heelies chai tea latte GirlKisser420 Boots Raingear Emperor Jack Chick Corn Syrup RoeCocoa Knitting Machine Positronic Yavuz bubbleuj adrenochrome dome

DetectiveSlowpoke

• Paid
  • Why ballp.it posting Love is Called Fetish?
273: Flashlight Enthusiasts? #20
I mean I did buy the flashlight that you see above but I'm not creepy enough to go in add all these crazy attachments or custom firmware to it. The fact that it's incredibly durable and has different modes is more than enough for me. But I won't lie the first time I saw that photo before I bought the light I did laugh quite a bit because it was just so ridiculous. Although I  wouldn't buy it now because since it isn't produced as much the prices jumped up like $40 and that is too much money.

EDIT: I ARE PUNCTUATION GOOD
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 10:48:25 pm by DetectiveSlowpoke »

EYE OF ZA

• some people's reactions such as the fuck,the hell,wtf, or what the hell
  • Paid
  • I have a problem and then I have another problem
273: Flashlight Enthusiasts? #21
Have to admit, when it first came up my reaction was "A flashlight with downloadable firmware? Hmmm, tell me more..." But then I shook it off.
rhorsman, January 18, 2018, 03:48:37 pm
"I can emulate Doom on my flashlight!"
SHAMBA~1.SBB RoeCocoa I Liked That Joke Mix Yavuz

nudna

• Foreign robot
  • Paid
273: Flashlight Enthusiasts? #22
I couldn't believe there wasnt anything sexual at all about this so I went to look for some flashlight erotica and now I can't believe how many people misspel fleshlight!

Thanks for a great episode guys :)

Sherman Tank

• Licensed Kadir-Buxton Method Practitioner
  • Associate Tag Director, East
  • I'm over 30 years old and I like fried chicken.
273: Flashlight Enthusiasts? #23
A lot of these flashlight obsessives sound exactly like those gun owners who insist they have to carry their gun everywhere.  In fact I suspect there's a sizeable crossover between the two groups.

As evidence I present this deep cut from the Something Awful forums:
chai tea latte nudna Shigan

nudna

• Foreign robot
  • Paid
273: Flashlight Enthusiasts? #24
A lot of these flashlight obsessives sound exactly like those gun owners who insist they have to carry their gun everywhere.  In fact I suspect there's a sizeable crossover between the two groups.

Holy Mother of Sherman Tank, January 19, 2018, 04:51:44 pm

Good thing he tagged who the nerd is or else I would've never guessed (?)

xX_sp00ks_Xx

• Every corpse on Mount Everest
  • Paid
  • was once an extremely motivated person.
273: Flashlight Enthusiasts? #25
nudna, January 20, 2018, 02:41:49 am

\
               \
                 \
               Nerd
moooo566 (taylor's version) Macho Masc Sangy Savage Lemon A Meat 1234GO! Corn Syrup Dr. Buttplug Sherman Tank Dawnswalker Boots Raingear SHAMBA~1.SBB sambair Knitting Machine Vinny Possum Shell Game Down10 Yavuz bubbleuj Lost Season Wolley74

nudna

• Foreign robot
  • Paid
273: Flashlight Enthusiasts? #26

\
               \
                 \
               Nerd
Spooks, January 20, 2018, 07:11:44 am

Oh shit, did I forget to take the tag off when I bought this body??
Boots Raingear

Macho Masc Sangy Savage

• Beep Beep Imma Dwarf Jeep
  • Paid
  • 🍕 Pizza Philosopher 🍕
273: Flashlight Enthusiasts? #27

\
               \
                 \
               Nerd
Spooks, January 20, 2018, 07:11:44 am

Oh shit, did I forget to take the tag off when I bought this body??
nudna, January 21, 2018, 01:38:28 pm

Nah, most of us are a part of the nerd catch-and-release program, studying basement migration patterns
cat_examiner

Knitting Machine

• Paid
  • Buried in Yarn
273: Flashlight Enthusiasts? #28

Holy Mother of Sherman Tank, January 19, 2018, 04:51:44 pm

I kept thinking the same thing throughout the whole episode. There's even that whole "they laughed at me for carrying a gun/flashlight around but look who is laughing now!". Considering I've also heard that sort of thing from guys who carry knives all of the time maybe it's all part of the same  survivalist fantasy?

Dr. Buttplug

• Formerly Jackal Flapnasty
  • Paid
  • Legendary Jizz-Wailer
273: Flashlight Enthusiasts? #29
As for knives I think we've all been in the situation where someone buys a package or something and the guy with the knife is the one to help open it. You could justify carrying that damned knife around through these scenarios and never make the connection that a Swiss army knife with a corkscrew and bottle opener would be that much more useful and probably cheaper than your titanium plated gravity open buck knife off the knife channel. The only use case that a Swiss army knife or multi-tool doesn't work for is burying it in a human skull.

So you know, priorities. [freakout]

Flashlights have similar use cases. What makes it even more absurd is that almost everyone has a much more useful object in their pocket that usually comes with a flashlight function: a cell phone. Nobody really needs a light that can cause permanent blindness from thirty meters away. I don't need a computer that can render Doom (2016) in 4k 60 fps to do my job as a graphic designer, but I do.