Snakes In The Ball Pit > Announcements

thefpl.us v2.2 Redesign

<< < (2/10) > >>

EYE OF ZA:
Actual usability:
The date box significantly overlaps the title for a number of the episodes. See: Shorn Crecy, the episode about the English victory in the Hundred Years' War:

Or F Plus Live 6 Part 1, featuring Bread, S'Heelies, and an empty void in the shape of STOG.

My fucking web design opinions Lemon's really interested in hearing:
The random focus item makes me think it's a different kind of content from the surrounding, since the visual distinction between episode and "other" is pretty small.
With sixteen fifteen items with one of them double-width per page on a 1080px wide monitor, one item winds up all on its own on the bottom.

Ambious:
This is a super fringe usecase nowadays, but there's a lot of wasted space in landscape mode (like in tablets):

Ambious, January 01, 2019, 02:41:19 pm
--- End quote ---

I’m guessing you mean portrait? (What your screenshot shows) And I’m not sure how fringe it is. I personally browse a lot on a tablet and portrait is my preferred orientation.
Darkly, January 01, 2019, 04:16:33 pm
--- End quote ---

Yes, indeed  I do, thank you for the correction.
Also I think it's fringe in that most tablets that AREN'T a Microsoft Surface do the sensible thing of portraying websites in a mobile-friendly manner, but I could be wrong.

Lemon:
Drinking this all in.

Some of these points I disagree with, but happy to hear them nonetheless. Keep going.

Boots Raingear:
I think the biggest problem I have is that I like it too much?

cat_examiner:
I DON'T HAVE ANY THOUGHTS, GOODBYE!

thanks to twitter, i discovered the tag explorer (and a nice number of fetish tags), but there's no obvious (to me) way to get to it from the homepage. The important things are straightforward to find, but now i wonder if there's other things i'm missing (i like a sitemap link for trying to find things like this)

echoing this:
Actual usability:
The date box significantly overlaps the title for a number of the episodes. See: Shorn Crecy, the episode about the English victory in the Hundred Years' War:

Or F Plus Live 6 Part 1, featuring Bread, S'Heelies, and an empty void in the shape of STOG.

My fucking web design opinions Lemon's really interested in hearing:
The random focus item makes me think it's a different kind of content from the surrounding, since the visual distinction between episode and "other" is pretty small.
With sixteen fifteen items with one of them double-width per page on a 1080px wide monitor, one item winds up all on its own on the bottom.
SATAN MILKSHAKE, January 01, 2019, 03:39:25 pm
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version