Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:52:15 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: My RPGs, let me show you them  (Read 17663 times)

Neal

My RPGs, let me show you them
I thought some of my fellow nerds might want to check out some of the tabletop games I've made. Here's a link to my DriveThruRPG storefront.

jackchick edit: fixed URL
finlaypatrickduffill
« Last Edit: March 08, 2018, 09:48:46 pm by Neal »

montrith

• Petrodactyl Spotter
  • Internaut
  • You must be this tall to ride
My RPGs on DriveThruRPG
I support RPG innovation!

Zekka

• I AM IN INTO MATHEMATICAL CALCULATIONS AND MANY METHODS USED IN THE STOCK MARKET
  • Paid
My RPGs on DriveThruRPG
What does your process look like when you're developing a new game? How much do you reuse from book to book, and how much do you change every time?
MythosSanta

Neal

My RPGs on DriveThruRPG
What does your process look like when you're developing a new game? How much do you reuse from book to book, and how much do you change every time?
Zekka, September 01, 2016, 12:49:21 am

Oh, hey, responses! Thank you, montrith!

Zekka: I try to change as much as possible from game to game, but if I hit on something that works, I may recycle it. The game I'm working on now has a similar task resolution system to my first game, but combined with a mechanism that started out life as the core mechanic for a game that I ultimately ended up scrapping. The two still don't mesh quite as well as I want, which is why it's still in playtesting, but the basic principle seems sound - play a card from hand, use its value to "purchase" the aspects of success you want.

Neal

My RPGs on DriveThruRPG
If you like Planescape, you might like the game I'm finishing up now. It's called Portal Rats, and it's an OSR love letter to my favorite 2e setting, using The Black Hack as a base with original subsystems grafted on to capture the planar flavor. It's available at my DriveThruRPG store now - check the link in the opening post.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2017, 02:42:32 pm by Neal »

Neal

My RPGs, let me show you them #5
Two things: I'm finishing up a second edition of Wizards of the Three Moons soon, and I've set up an account on itch.io for my game output.
Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop

Neal

My RPGs, let me show you them #6
I created an Anthology Deck for Wizards of the Three Moons, and it's for sale at DriveThruRPG. It's a custom Tarot deck without art that you can write on, so as you have encounters you can record them directly onto the deck itself and make them part of the ongoing story. The card faces also have helpful game rule reminder text so you don't have to look things up as often in the rulebook while you play.
chai tea latte

Cheapskate

• Persnickety fussbudget
  • Paid
My RPGs, let me show you them #7
I made a free storytelling game a while back. I don’t know if anyone has ever played it except me. Here’s ¡Viva San Judas!, the game of farcical misadventures in blame-laying in a banana republic.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2l7NUpcj-4GNUREVHl4TU5PS2s/view?usp=sharing

Neal

My RPGs, let me show you them #8
Cool! Are you planning to do any more, or was it just a one-off? The theme reminds me of Malandros, by Pelgrane Press: you should check that out if you get a chance.

Cheapskate

• Persnickety fussbudget
  • Paid
My RPGs, let me show you them #9
I may make another game if I feel like it, but I haven’t been inspired to do so. I also wrote a Fiasco playset a while back about small-town Utah.
GirlKisser420

Neal

My RPGs, let me show you them #10
Wizards of the Three Moons 2e is now available digitally on DriveThruRPG. I'm doing print-on-demand this time, too, but the files have to go to the printer and then I have to approve proofs, so hard copies aren't available to buy yet.

Cheapskate

• Persnickety fussbudget
  • Paid
My RPGs, let me show you them #12
Fiasco players: please beta-test my new playset, Chicago 1920.
Lemon GirlKisser420

Neal

My RPGs, let me show you them #13
I'm running a 20% off sale on my games on DriveThruRPG and itch.io starting tomorrow and running to the end of June.

Neal

My RPGs, let me show you them #14
My game Wizards of the Three Moons was nominated for Best Setting in this year's IGDN Indie Groundbreaker Awards!

https://twitter.com/IGDN_Official/status/1148610769510162432

EDIT: To demonstrate how bad I am at promotion, it only just occurred to me I should provide links to the actual game.
The book: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/184349/Wizards-of-the-Three-Moons-Second-Edition
The anthology deck (not required but strongly recommended): https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/228317/Wizards-of-the-Three-Moons-Anthology-Deck
Shell Game Yavuz Dr. Buttplug Mr. Hunky Academia chai tea latte Chupasaurus-Rex NutshellGulag
« Last Edit: July 15, 2019, 05:33:54 pm by Neal »