Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:14:12 pm

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: Would Irregular interview Watchful-Entity, Melted-Snowflake, or the like?  (Read 33048 times)

Isfahan

• Ask me about AKs.
  • Ridiculist
  • Trouble with customers? Isfahano cares.
With Audacity, if you figure out how the voice has been altered, you can just apply alteration in the opposite direction and undo it. I'm not saying this would happen, I'm saying it's possible, and who knows the kind of dedication that Detective Dragonwolf Lokifucker would have regarding this?

count_actuala

• Real VamPire
  • Paid
  • Do you tend to get a high from human blood?
Don't underestimate Detective TV Tropes.

Lemon

• Whatever happened to Freedom of Speech?
  • Administrator
  • ...IT'S NOW THE MASH!
In all seriousness though, if she's worried the voice will be enough of a giveaway, it's kind of a non-starter.

Alpha Starsquatch

• bigfoot conservationist
  • Paid
  • back alley veterinarian
In all seriousness though, if she's worried the voice will be enough of a giveaway, it's kind of a non-starter.
Lemon, April 20, 2013, 11:17:13 am

Yeah, I was thinking the same. I was waiting for some feedback from you guys before pursuing the matter with her.

One Of The Crappy Pokemon That Nobody Likes

• Oh no it's the "The-World-Owes-Me-A-Living Lads"!!
  • Ridiculist
  • RARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARR
I'm sorry but the :( made me laugh. It makes it sound like she's not mad at angry otherkin stalkers for trying to ruin people's lives. She's just, you know, disappointed.

"C'mon you guys calling my house with death threats and harassing my family isn't very polite :("

KingKalamari

• Cephalopod Enthusiast
  • Paid
  • It's Samba time for Tambo & Weep Day for Urine Man

She could always use one of those text to speech things. It would be like interviewing Stephen Hawking!

Goose Goose Honk At Me Now

• Can I offer you a Lorna Doone?
  • Paid
  • You have a very flexible torso.

She could always use one of those text to speech things. It would be like interviewing Stephen Hawking!
KingKalamari, April 20, 2013, 04:23:26 pm

Or you could do a text interview and do either of the following:
A) post it as a supplementary doc, or
B) do what Acier did that one time and have Lemon read his part of the dialogue while text-to-speech reads hers.

Alpha Starsquatch

• bigfoot conservationist
  • Paid
  • back alley veterinarian
All interesting ideas. If the Ridiculists like any of these, you guys want me to go ahead and offer this? Would you rather do it yourselves? Any contact info you want me to give her if she wants to get in touch with you for a text interview?

fluffy

• Paid
  • free hugs
Reaper has a voice-transform plugin that works really well (it's on par with Logic's, which is also really good, and both are WAY the fuck better than Audacity) and there's a free trial which is ostensibly 60-day but apparently even after 60 days it keeps working just fine, it just nags you at startup. (And the full app is only $60 anyway.)

I can provide some samples of it when I get home, if that would help.

Delcat

• Paid
...and there's a free trial which is ostensibly 60-day but apparently even after 60 days it keeps working just fine, it just nags you at startup.
fluffy, April 26, 2013, 06:22:14 pm

Does it do it in a really passive-aggressive way, like WinRAR?  I always think I can hear it sobbing when I close the notification pop-up.  "THIS SOFTWARE EXPIRES AFTER THIRTY DAYS.  PLEASE BUY THE FULL VERSION.  PLEASE."

fluffy

• Paid
  • free hugs
I have no idea.  My understanding is it just says "To keep using Reaper past the trial period, you must buy a commercial license" and lets you keep using it with no problems. The official word from Cockos is that they'd rather trust the user to "do the right thing" than to potentially mistakenly punish people who did get a license and have that fail to work for whatever reason (like losing their license file or whatever).

Oh, and the license file is just a PGP-signed chunk of plain text without any real access control or duplication checks or whatever.

Really, it's by far the most ethical, permissive, cooperative, and nice music software activation process I've ever seen.

(Another nice thing about Reaper: At least on the Mac, there's no installer, it's just a single self-contained app bundle. No bloat, no bullshit, no evil pernicious system hooks - it's just a nice, clean, standalone app that makes use of what it can find and doesn't make a mess to clean up later.)

fluffy

• Paid
  • free hugs
Here was a very very simple test and it's got quite a nice range of options (much moreso than Logic's, as it turns out).  There's a few other vocal transformation effects, too, like a vocoder (so you could make them sound like a robot).
Clockderp

Delcat

• Paid
Ooooh, shiny.  Consider yourself bulbed in spirit, I collect software I'll never use like a magpie.