Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 08:37:24 pm

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: Episode 201: Funding The Infowar  (Read 38196 times)

A Meat

• Artificial Man Pop Seasoning
  • Paid
  • filled with delicious dude meat
Episode 201: Funding The Infowar #45
I'm also confused by the Hebrew word "Shekhinah" which is basically the hebrew equivalent of the holy spirit, or the general word for the presence of god and bullshit Kabbalah term "Matronit" which as far as I know means the same thing.

moooo566 (taylor's version)

• Paid
Episode 201: Funding The Infowar #46
Climate change is a lie, I <3 CO2 is the inflammatory way of letting everyone know you know. Stick it to the hippies. It's a followup to the "Anthropogenic Global Warming is a Fraud" sticker.

And my guess for the maple leaf is that 9/11 marks the transition of the US to the anti-freedom police state it is today, and you need to speak up before canada goes the same way, or something. Maybe the Hebrew thing is a Jewish conspiracy?

Sherman Tank

• Licensed Kadir-Buxton Method Practitioner
  • Associate Tag Director, East
  • I'm over 30 years old and I like fried chicken.
Episode 201: Funding The Infowar #47
I'm mostly confused by the Canadian flag maple leaf with the twin towers in the middle. What does that mean?
Boots Raingear, January 19, 2016, 10:09:12 am

My guess is untreated paranoid schizophrenia.

Lemon

• Whatever happened to Freedom of Speech?
  • Administrator
  • ...IT'S NOW THE MASH!
Episode 201: Funding The Infowar #48
Climate change is a lie
moooo566, January 19, 2016, 10:28:12 am

So, how come this is so often part of the conspiracists' repertoire? They're big fans of "WE'RE ALL FUCKED NOW" imagery, but then when it comes to a real issue that has all that stuff baked right in, they reject it immediately? Is it a matter of "I only want to be scared of the things I made up"?

Vinny Possum

• Garfield's cosmic love katana.
  • Paid
Episode 201: Funding The Infowar #49
I'm mostly confused by the Canadian flag maple leaf with the twin towers in the middle. What does that mean?

edit: That's a British Columbia license plate.

OPEN YOUR EYES SHEEPLE

CANADA DID 9/11

QueenSyreen

• Unsurprised, yet Disappointed
  • Paid
  • very very strongly pro-vaxx
Episode 201: Funding The Infowar #50

So, how come this is so often part of the conspiracists' repertoire? They're big fans of "WE'RE ALL FUCKED NOW" imagery, but then when it comes to a real issue that has all that stuff baked right in, they reject it immediately? Is it a matter of "I only want to be scared of the things I made up"?
Lemon, January 19, 2016, 10:42:09 am

My guess is that the damning factor for climate change is that it's well spread, common knowledge (whether commonly accepted or not) and backed by Mysterious Scientists and at least SOME government officials. Since it's a big deal, a mainstream deal, and something the common person knows about, it has to be a Big Government Lie. It's only The Truth if the government doesn't actually care about it (read: is hiding it) and the average Joe hasn't heard about it (read: cannot disprove it.)

It's... it's not obscure enough. I'm trying to say that it's not obscure enough.

Macho Masc Sangy Savage

• Beep Beep Imma Dwarf Jeep
  • Paid
  • 🍕 Pizza Philosopher 🍕
Episode 201: Funding The Infowar #51
Climate change is a lie

Because if you accept climate change as a real thing, then it has actual, actionable steps and you'd have to make real changes in your life and that's uncomfortable. For conspiracy theories like THE ILLUMINATI, it's a huge force that you personally can't fight against, so all you do is "spread the word, wake the sheeple", which means posting on the internet a lot and putting a bumper sticker on your car.
Dawnswalker Sherman Tank

• Paid
Episode 201: Funding The Infowar #52
Yeah, Obama/scientists are liars because of course they are, and by extension climate change is a lie.

I think a lot of them probably subscribe to the idea that they saw snow once so it can't be true. It's just not a really easy thing to see if you don't want to read a scientific report or believe the obviously corrupt leftist news that tell you all about it. You can't see it happening so it's not. At the very least, why would you fight something that's not obvious when you can literally see the chemtrails appearing above you? Even if they are right about it, that's hundreds of years away so why should it concern you?

Climate change hasn't got a person or group to blame and accuse either. Even if you do accept it's happening, you can't just blame some politician or something. It can't be directly fought with guns, and you can't have a revolution against the atmosphere. To deal with it, they're asking you to change your way of life, swap your truck for a prius and start recycling.

The people telling you about it aren't the people you'd trust. It's not something you can easily identify yourself, nor is it likely to affect you. Fighting against it is uncomfortable and requires you actually doing something rather than just inciting hatred and scamming people even dumber than you.

To accept it and still be a part of the crazy conspiracy cult, you'd need to warp it unrecognisably.
TheCrawlingChaos

Victor Laszlo

• May my path be lit up by the bridges that I've burned
  • Ridiculist
  • Yay Victor!
Episode 201: Funding The Infowar #53
Climate change is a lie

Because EVERYTHING is a conspiracy.  What's the matter with you?

Dawnswalker

• Paid
Episode 201: Funding The Infowar #54
edit: That's a British Columbia license plate.

The only 9/11 truther I have ever met in real life is one of my parents' friends, a lifelong Canadian who was born in B.C.

Before you ask, that's not his van. (He doesn't know any Hebrew.)

Mu.

• Paid
Episode 201: Funding The Infowar #55
It's... it's not obscure enough. I'm trying to say that it's not obscure enough.
QueenSyreen, January 19, 2016, 10:49:17 am

Conspiracy theorists = Hipsters?

Ambious

Episode 201: Funding The Infowar #56
I'm also confused by the Hebrew word "Shekhinah" which is basically the hebrew equivalent of the holy spirit, or the general word for the presence of god and bullshit Kabbalah term "Matronit" which as far as I know means the same thing.
A Meat, January 19, 2016, 10:25:31 am

The Matronit sucks. It doesn't even go on the Carmel.

• Paid
Episode 201: Funding The Infowar #57
Before you ask, that's not his van. (He doesn't know any Hebrew.)
Dawnswalker, January 19, 2016, 03:02:17 pm

I feel like you're giving the owner of the van a lot of credit here.

A Meat

• Artificial Man Pop Seasoning
  • Paid
  • filled with delicious dude meat
Episode 201: Funding The Infowar #58
A Meat, January 19, 2016, 10:25:31 am

The Matronit sucks. It doesn't even go on the Carmel.
Ambious, January 19, 2016, 03:06:17 pm
I've heard bad things about it, but I've heard only bad things about the public transportation in Haifa in general.

Also, I'm an idiot, it doesn't say Matronit at all, it's just a misspelling of Metatron in Hebrew and not a stupid Kaballah term I found out about recently. It's amusingly enough spelled in a way that'd be transliterated as Meatatron or Mitatron though.

Isfahan

• Ask me about AKs.
  • Ridiculist
  • Trouble with customers? Isfahano cares.
Episode 201: Funding The Infowar #59
It's amusingly enough spelled in a way that'd be transliterated as Meatatron or Mitatron though.
A Meat, January 19, 2016, 03:49:34 pm

And you go by "A Meat" around here...

hmm...

COINCIDENCE?????

Are you trying to say you AREN'T the voice of the One True Steak, who is named Hamhock (HMHK)?
montrith