Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:24:05 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: Welcome to the Echo Chamber!  (Read 2038 times)

Shell Game

• Showrunner of Extra Credit
  • Paid
  • Rex Morgan knows about Pretty Cure. Look it up.
Welcome to the Echo Chamber!
Hey all, Frank West, Mix, and I got it into our heads a couple years ago to watch Joss Whedon's Dollhouse, the show his fans frequently omit from their memories.

We recorded ourselves talking about it. Finally edited it and gonna rolling release season 1.

I put it up on Spotify because it was easy and I don't feel like putting more effort into something remotely related to Joss Whedon.

If you're interested in hearing us rant about a sexual menace try to do sci-fi with the big boys but fail to make a coherent statement in between rampant woman torture, then here's a link to episode one.

https://open.spotify.com/show/6GwNVMTYZCrRRuvRuPNJBk
Sauce Great Joe Dr. Buttplug Salubrious Rex Frank West

Sauce

• Common-gender prole
  • Paid
  • Screw it, I'll go with they/them
Welcome to the Echo Chamber! #1
I am excited enough to hear y'all's thoughts on this that I was willing to listen to a podcast on Spotify to do so. Greatly enjoyed the whole thing!

It's always interesting to see what stories and plot devices a writer will re-use throughout their career, and how that's someone that equally applies to very good and very bad writers. It reveals so much about how they view the world, and how their perspective as an artist grows alongside their work.

In this case, Whedon's consistent pattern of reducing powerful women to a mind wiped state in which they are a "confused innocent child-woman" or a "bimbo cave-woman" (to greater or lesser extent) is present throughout his career, dating back to what he did with Ellen Ripley in 1997's Alien Resurrection, through Faith on Buffy and River on Firefly, and climaxing with this show where it's a core conceit of the premise definitely says something.

It's definitely a bold feminist statement. Not a fetish thing. Definitely not misogynist.
Shell Game SHAMBA~1.SBB

Shell Game

• Paid
Welcome to the Echo Chamber! #2
I am excited enough to hear y'all's thoughts on this that I was willing to listen to a podcast on Spotify to do so. Greatly enjoyed the whole thing!

It's always interesting to see what stories and plot devices a writer will re-use throughout their career, and how that's someone that equally applies to very good and very bad writers. It reveals so much about how they view the world, and how their perspective as an artist grows alongside their work.

In this case, Whedon's consistent pattern of reducing powerful women to a mind wiped state in which they are a "confused innocent child-woman" or a "bimbo cave-woman" (to greater or lesser extent) is present throughout his career, dating back to what he did with Ellen Ripley in 1997's Alien Resurrection, through Faith on Buffy and River on Firefly, and climaxing with this show where it's a core conceit of the premise definitely says something.

It's definitely a bold feminist statement. Not a fetish thing. Definitely not misogynist.
Sauce, April 03, 2023, 05:06:06 pm
Oh we're only just getting started.

Shell Game

• Paid

PaulLovesToLaugh

• Paid
Welcome to the Echo Chamber! #4
If you're interested in hearing us rant about a sexual menace try to do sci-fi with the big boys but fail to make a coherent statement
Shell Game, April 02, 2023, 04:08:20 am

YES

in between rampant woman torture

Oh god. How bad does it get?

Shell Game

• Paid
Welcome to the Echo Chamber! #5
If you're interested in hearing us rant about a sexual menace try to do sci-fi with the big boys but fail to make a coherent statement

YES

in between rampant woman torture

Oh god. How bad does it get?
PaulLovesToLaugh, April 09, 2023, 05:04:29 pm
I mean, it was on network television so it's only allowed to get so bad, but it ain't great!

Shell Game

• Paid
Welcome to the Echo Chamber! #6
For those interested, we've released 4 episodes now and the show is abysmal. Here's an rss feed link thing: https://anchor.fm/s/de18bb70/podcast/rss

so you too can keep up on your own personal podcatching device

Shell Game

• Paid
Welcome to the Echo Chamber! #7
Episode 5 is the worst one yet, but don't worry we'll keep saying that for each episode to come probably. https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/show/shell-game0/episodes/5---True-Believer-e235ggv

Frank West

• Have you ever astraled and kicked it with satan
  • Ridiculist
  • Marky Mk 2
Welcome to the Echo Chamber! #8
I just want to emphasize that this show is significantly worse than you expect. It was worse than I expected, until I hit episode 5 and realized how bad it was going to get. This show hates women so, so much, even though it's joss's attempt to make the explicit feminist statement he thought he always wanted to.
GirlKisser420 SHAMBA~1.SBB

Shell Game

• Paid
Welcome to the Echo Chamber! #9
Looks like we're still doing this. Season 2 is really bad!!!

https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/show/shell-game0/episodes/14---Vows-e2hffin
Dr. Buttplug