Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:07:18 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: 318: Wookiee Ookiee Ookiee  (Read 34974 times)

Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop

• Trill Lesh
  • Paid
  • 12 cellphones and I look like kurt angle
318: Wookiee Ookiee Ookiee #45
I don't have a preference regarding youtube thumbnails, goodbye!
moooo566 (taylor's version) Seth "Slimy" Rollins Blergh Monkey’s Paw Wish

mepple

• big dyke energy
  • Paid
  • i wish to be mashed potatoes
318: Wookiee Ookiee Ookiee #46
So I've never seen any star wars movie except episode 1 when I was 11. I thought Amidala had very cool costumes and that's as much as I've ever engaged w the franchise/fandom, everything I know about it is just what I absorbed from the internet.

I'm assuming everything that is discussed in this episode happens on screen in the movies. The most recent one ended with them eating cake at a party, right?

SuperTrainStationH

• Paid
318: Wookiee Ookiee Ookiee #47
I feel sorry for Lemon, after what he just went through, he should have no reason not to expect a thumbnail like that to be 100% sincere.

I should have been less cryptic.
Monkey’s Paw Wish

Salubrious Rex

• Paid
318: Wookiee Ookiee Ookiee #48
My favourite piece of Star Wars formerly-canon extended universe buffoonery is Jar Jar Binks' father who tried to kill himself because his son was way too shit.

This is from an official comic. This is the type of shit Disney should be drawing from for their next thousand years of Star Wars content.
Wrought moooo566 (taylor's version) Dr. Buttplug KingKalamari xX_sp00ks_Xx ViviVixen Yavuz Monkey’s Paw Wish Vinny Possum Captain Nobeard Zemyla
« Last Edit: February 17, 2020, 07:46:17 am by Salubrious Rex »

moooo566 (taylor's version)

• Paid
318: Wookiee Ookiee Ookiee #49
Worth noting that his full name is George R Binks, just to make it extra stupid.
Salubrious Rex A Meat

Dr. Buttplug

• Formerly Jackal Flapnasty
  • Paid
  • Legendary Jizz-Wailer
318: Wookiee Ookiee Ookiee #50
Worth noting that his full name is George R Binks, just to make it extra stupid.
boooo566, February 17, 2020, 08:17:31 am
I mean, it is a Tony Millionaire comic.

duz

• Paid
318: Wookiee Ookiee Ookiee #51
My favourite piece of Star Wars formerly-canon extended universe buffoonery is Jar Jar Binks' father who tried to kill himself because his son was way too shit.

This is from an official comic. This is the type of shit Disney should be drawing from for their next thousand years of Star Wars content.
Salubrious Rex, February 17, 2020, 02:43:20 am

Star Wars Tales wasn't canon even back when everything was canon.  Which is a shame since they also had an issue where Indiana Jones went hunting for Bigfoot and found the crashed Millennial Falcon and Han Solo's skeleton in the cockpit.  Bigfoot was Chewbacca natch.

Also, a lot of the way too detailed descriptions are from West End Games.  They got in on the Star Wars action before everyone else and had carte blanche to make up whatever they wanted to fill in the backstory for their rpg source books.  And then a bunch of the first rounds of novels used that nonsense to help pad out the length of the books and made it stick around even longer.

I still have a ton of WEG books in my closet I should do something with.

Antivehicular

• she/her
  • Paid
  • ridin' high in my supervan
318: Wookiee Ookiee Ookiee #52
I don't know how to deal with the fact that the Star Wars EU has a Bimboland.
Mr. Hunky Academia Blergh Salubrious Rex SHAMBA~1.SBB chai tea latte Yavuz Great Joe GirlKisser420 Dr. Buttplug KingKalamari eldritchhat

Monkey’s Paw Wish

• Paid
318: Wookiee Ookiee Ookiee #53

Salubrious Rex, February 17, 2020, 02:43:20 am

Star Wars Tales wasn't canon even back when everything was canon.  Which is a shame since they also had an issue where Indiana Jones went hunting for Bigfoot and found the crashed Millennial Falcon and Han Solo's skeleton in the cockpit.  Bigfoot was Chewbacca natch.

Also, a lot of the way too detailed descriptions are from West End Games.  They got in on the Star Wars action before everyone else and had carte blanche to make up whatever they wanted to fill in the backstory for their rpg source books.  And then a bunch of the first rounds of novels used that nonsense to help pad out the length of the books and made it stick around even longer.

I still have a ton of WEG books in my closet I should do something with.
duz, February 17, 2020, 10:43:05 am

I think my favorite thing about Wookieepedia is that its  sterile writing combined with Star Wars just being ridiculous in general makes the stuff written as a joke indistinguishable from the stuff that was meant to be taken seriously.
Salubrious Rex Great Joe
« Last Edit: February 21, 2020, 01:32:03 pm by Spontificus »

GirlKisser420

• Its time for limpboys to have their day in the sun
  • Paid
  • Just a Baby Drinkin Coffee
318: Wookiee Ookiee Ookiee #54
The fplus is a podcast where half the group are unfamiliar with one of the most popular and omnipresent media properties, but make references to Killer Instinct and Cleopatra 2025 and every host has a nostalgia trip
Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop SHAMBA~1.SBB Penultimatum Achilles' Heelies Ambious Great Joe Yavuz A Meat chai tea latte KingKalamari Sauce sambair Mix Monkey’s Paw Wish Wrought Salubrious Rex ViviVixen Mr. Hunky Academia Antivehicular eldritchhat Ragnarok Boobies Vinny Possum

Neal

318: Wookiee Ookiee Ookiee #55
The fplus is a podcast where half the group are unfamiliar with one of the most popular and omnipresent media properties, but make references to Killer Instinct and Cleopatra 2025 and every host has a nostalgia trip
GirlKisser420, February 23, 2020, 03:52:44 pm

I bet some of them don't even own a television.
Sauce Penultimatum

eldritchhat

• Lady of Calamaris
  • Paid
  • Card Carrying Boobgeoisie
318: Wookiee Ookiee Ookiee #56
Biscuit Baron fan art
Lemon Salubrious Rex Yavuz GirlKisser420

dickthedick

• EVILLAK
  • Paid
318: Wookiee Ookiee Ookiee #57

In their defense Star Wars is so fucking boring that retaining any information about it is a mental exercise.

Meanwhile Killer Instinct has kickass art and intelligent character design that puts graphic card box art circa 2002 to shame
Salubrious Rex
« Last Edit: February 25, 2020, 10:30:12 am by dickthedick »

Dr. Buttplug

• Formerly Jackal Flapnasty
  • Paid
  • Legendary Jizz-Wailer
318: Wookiee Ookiee Ookiee #58

In their defense Star Wars is so fucking boring that retaining any information about it is a mental exercise.

Meanwhile Killer Instinct has kickass art and intelligent character design that puts graphic card box art circa 20202 to shame

dickthedick, February 25, 2020, 06:59:31 am
Yeah, but did you see this action figure of Salacious Crumb?

MasterOfHope

• Paid
318: Wookiee Ookiee Ookiee #59
My favorite thing about Star Wars is how Harrison Ford doesn't care about it https://twitter.com/CultureCrave/status/1229165083973963776?s=19
Great Joe KingKalamari Salubrious Rex Dr. Buttplug Wrought Moose Wyst Yavuz Captain Nobeard