Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:27:52 pm

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: TV we've been watching lately  (Read 146108 times)

ClaraTinSoldier

• Professional Cool Guy
  • Paid
TV we've been watching lately #375
So the new Ducktales reboot just did a huge tribute episode to Darkwing Duck and, as Darkwing was one of the first shows I ever gave a shit about, I am giddy as a five year old. Sadly they have not yet explored the white hot sexual tension between Darkwing and Negaduck that was apparently in the original.
KingKalamari, May 17, 2019, 07:16:12 pm

You're in for a treat. That ep, like every ep of the new ducktales is fucking phenomenal.

S2 killing eve

I can't decide if I want to be Villanelle or marry her
chai tea latte, May 31, 2019, 08:19:20 pm

Marry her. If you're Villainelle, Vilainelle can't step on you.
chai tea latte

Wrought

• The Unsevered
  • Paid
  • I BELLOW LOUDLY AS I TYPE THIS.
TV we've been watching lately #376
Finally watching the office and I can't stop thinking about how much better this would have been if they were allowed to swear.

chai tea latte

• TheftBot is, simply put, a fully sentient robot for stealing automatic teller machines
  • Paid
  • (ATMs) from nearby convenience stores.
TV we've been watching lately #377
I'm really tired of people saying the lesbian show with a lesbian who has sex with women every episode but not the one woman everyone wants her to is "queerbaiting". Jesus Christ did none of you live through the past two decades or what? I don't get it. You just can't tell the difference between getting everything you want and a total clamjam/cockblock
KingKalamari Carbon Really_Quite_Nice

ClaraTinSoldier

• Professional Cool Guy
  • Paid
TV we've been watching lately #378
What show is this? Gentleman  Jack?

GirlKisser420

• Its time for limpboys to have their day in the sun
  • Paid
  • Just a Baby Drinkin Coffee
TV we've been watching lately #379
Jesus Christ did none of you live through the past two decades or what?
chai tea latte, June 07, 2019, 02:34:07 pm

they didnt

Cleretic

• Russian Roulette Silver Medalist
  • Paid
TV we've been watching lately #380
One of the best parts of Aggretsuko's first season is when Director Ton challenges Retsuko to karaoke and brings out an entirely different genre of music to the metal you get once per episode.

Without spoiling it, the show's creators absolutely recognized how good that scene was and why, and doubled down on it in the second season. It's great.

sambair

• Paid
TV we've been watching lately #381
Watching Aeon Flux for the first time as an adult, watched all the shorts and currently halfway through the season of full-length episodes. It holds up amazingly well, like it might be one of the best sci-fi cartoons I've seen. Very few shows have as much faith in their audience.

Big content warning that not only is the entire thing Peter Chung animating his fetishes, he's straight-up inventing new ones.
FinchChunk

Cleretic

• Russian Roulette Silver Medalist
  • Paid
TV we've been watching lately #382
The Rocko's Modern Life reboot special is a self-sustaining time loop, by being about all the complaints that online idiots would go on to make about the reboot special.

It's great. For the record, it doesn't require you to know or remember much of the original show (anything that is important gets explained in the special), but there's some fun extra references if you do.

Also, I've been watching Evangelion for essentially the first time, since I only saw it as a kid in weird disparate grabs on Adult Swim that I wasn't supposed to be watching. It's a really interesting watch, the show hasn't really been affected positively or negatively by cultural osmosis and references, although I think I really would've liked knowing beforehand just how much of it is holding on still, near-silent images. You can tell they were saving literally all of their budget, even from the word go, for the Eva scenes.
Eider Duck
« Last Edit: August 15, 2019, 06:17:24 am by Cleretic »

chai tea latte

• TheftBot is, simply put, a fully sentient robot for stealing automatic teller machines
  • Paid
TV we've been watching lately #383
I tried watching the first ep of the Netflix Sabrina show, which was pitched to me as 'Riverdale for ex-Catholics and goths', but all I could focus on was that Sabrina is played by the actress who was Sally Draper and it's like, i know your fictional tv childhood was weird but would it really make you fictionally act out like this as a teenager?

Very distracting. I'll try another ep some time but I don't think I'll ever get over this
Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop

chai tea latte

• Paid
TV we've been watching lately #384
New good eats good
Dr. Buttplug RoeCocoa

ClaraTinSoldier

• Professional Cool Guy
  • Paid
TV we've been watching lately #385
I saw everyone getting all whipped up about the end of veronica mars, so I figured I'd watch the show. Fun seeing A-listers before they were famous and listening to shitty early 2000s music. It's ok. I can understand why people were so hot for it when there was nothing but worse procedurals on. Lotta jokes about prison rape.

In one episode, the school has a carnival. Look what it's got:

https://pasteboard.co/IuL3nyr.png

Snakes in the ballpit!

(how do you make an image embedded in the post? the img tag doesn't work)
« Last Edit: August 28, 2019, 03:42:48 am by ClaraTinSoldier »

beelzeboob

• Risen from the tits of hell.
  • Paid
  • call that the boobonic plague
TV we've been watching lately #386
Finished catching up on the latest season of She Ra. Still absolutely loving this show. Excited to see where Entrapta's story ends up at this point, as well as Scorpia's. Watching Catra dig herself a progressively deeper hole is interesting since her goal has shifted from "winning" to "making everyone feel as low as she does," which is harder the lower she stoops. It's fun. I like this show. Crossing my fingers for season 4.

EYE OF ZA

• some people's reactions such as the fuck,the hell,wtf, or what the hell
  • Paid
  • I have a problem and then I have another problem
TV we've been watching lately #387
Russian Doll is a series on Netflix about Groundhog Day shenanigans, and it's pretty good. I was worried it was going to feel too clever for its own good, like when people try to ape Quentin Tarantino, but it never got too shaggy, and I wound up going from casually checking it out to blowing through the whole thing.

It's apparently been renewed for a season two though, which is baffling. It's a well-contained story and the ending felt so perfect that just the fact that they're going to try to continue it is disappointing. Maybe they'll try to do another story with a similar premise?

Mix

• God's Personal Jester
  • Paid
  • ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ
TV we've been watching lately #388
wow some of the stuff in early stargate sg-1 has aged horrendously, huh

Shell Game

• Showrunner of Extra Credit
  • Paid
  • Rex Morgan knows about Pretty Cure. Look it up.
TV we've been watching lately #389
Ganymede pointed out that people could get me to watch American Horror Story but they couldn't get me to watch Jojo's Bizarre Adventure.

Look. I only watch bad things with groups of people so we can hate them together. Otherwise I don't really watch TV. I don't even own a cable/subscription.
Macho Masc Sangy Savage