Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:03:20 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: F PLUS LIVE 4: The Best Two Days Of Your Life  (Read 40526 times)

Lemon

• Whatever happened to Freedom of Speech?
  • Administrator
  • ...IT'S NOW THE MASH!
F PLUS LIVE 4: The Best Two Days Of Your Life
So hopefully everyone is aware by now, but F Plus Live is a go, and this is the page for it.
http://thefpl.us/wrote/the-f-plus-live-announcement

As I mentioned up there, we're still fine tuning the actual reading list for the thing. I think there's a lot of fun to be had in fanfiction, my only real caveat on that is that I want to make sure that the night is varied. We got some really fantastic variety in the "romance" novels last year, so I'd like to continue that and make sure we're not just reading Harry Potter slash over and over. Or slash at all. Which isn't to say we shouldn't read explicit things, but variety is all I'm saying here. Lots of variety.

So, feel free to make suggestions, either here or in my email box.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 12:32:44 pm by Lemon »

Lemon

• Administrator
  • ...IT'S NOW THE MASH!
F PLUS LIVE 4: Details, as we have them.
Additionally, if you're planning on coming from out of town, I'd like to know that as well.

TurkeyPopulationGuessingMan

• Got an A in Chicken Nuggets
  • Paid
Planning on making this one. Thankfully the twin cities aren't that far of a drive for me.

Ven Malakim

• Paid
  • died for your fins
I'm personally surprised Boots didn't manage to talk you into F Plus Live 4: How To Listen To A Live Podcast.

Fanfic sounds perfect, but if you take anything away from Live 3 it should be more group readings. The script reading intermissions between readers were honestly my favourite parts.

a gross spider

• Paid
Hey if you guys ever do a magick/alt medicine/other hippie bullshit live show, I picked up a copy of Mixing Essential Oils for Magic at the local college (!) bookstore during a clearance sale for $1 and would be happy to ship it off to one of the readers. I've only skimmed it a bit but already found some gems. Did you know that hops are good for sexual attraction spells? Also lemon is good for increasing psychic abilities and also moon magic. Also celery is good for boner magic, etc., etc.

Victor Laszlo

• May my path be lit up by the bridges that I've burned
  • Ridiculist
  • Yay Victor!
Did you know that hops are good for sexual attraction spells?
Pretty sure everybody knows that!

Emperor Jack Chick Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop Lemon chai tea latte

KingKalamari

• Cephalopod Enthusiast
  • Paid
  • It's Samba time for Tambo & Weep Day for Urine Man
but if you take anything away from Live 3 it should be more group readings.
A Shark Messiah, August 11, 2015, 07:58:16 pm

That and "Don't let Frank West pick his own material"

Emperor Jack Chick

• he/him
  • Ridiculist
  • Metal tyrant from hell
but if you take anything away from Live 3 it should be more group readings.
A Shark Messiah, August 11, 2015, 07:58:16 pm

That and "Don't let Frank West pick his own material"
KingKalamari, August 11, 2015, 10:49:09 pm

And make sure jack chick can actually stand before reading.

Cleretic

• Russian Roulette Silver Medalist
  • Paid
Given I've been working my way through their archive since Lemon appeared on it, I'm pretty jazzed the I Don't Even Own A Television guys will be there. Having them on board for a live reading just seems right.

Fatty Bo Batty

• Adult Baby Protective Services Officer
  • Paid
  • Is good to make a posting
Does anybody know what hotels are nearby the place? I would need to do some pricing before I can figure out if I can make it.

Boots Raingear

• BBQ Man-Pop
  • Administrator
  • CEO of Victor's basement
Any hotel in downtown Minneapolis will be good.

See what you can get from the thing on Priceline where you choose your price. Bumpgrrl and I got to stay at the W Hotel for $90/night a few years ago.

Emperor Jack Chick

• he/him
  • Ridiculist
  • Metal tyrant from hell
Any hotel in downtown Minneapolis will be good.

See what you can get from the thing on Priceline where you choose your price. Bumpgrrl and I got to stay at the W Hotel for $90/night a few years ago.
Boots Raingear, August 12, 2015, 12:22:59 pm

I highly recommend sketchy airbnb choices. I had a furry who ate nothing but soylent last time!!

strifeheart

• a mixture of gravity and waggery
  • Paid
Does anybody know what hotels are nearby the place? I would need to do some pricing before I can figure out if I can make it.
FattyBoBatty, August 12, 2015, 11:57:30 am

Like Boots said, pretty much any hotel downtown would work, and they're all basically in walking distance of Grumpy's (and easily accessible from the train, if you're flying in).

Lemon

• Administrator
  • ...IT'S NOW THE MASH!
I'd really just recommend you get anything close to the blue line. Downtown Minneapolis would be best, but just try to make sure you can stumble back and forth to the train station. Being near the train makes getting around so much easier. Otherwise it's cabs.

Oh, and Lemon, If I can, I still want to film this one.
Mique, August 12, 2015, 12:26:32 pm
Let's discuss that closer to the event. I'm totally game, but I want to be respectful of any readers who are camera-shy.

I talked to Grumpy's yesterday about moving some furniture around, so we'll have more room.

Victor Laszlo

• May my path be lit up by the bridges that I've burned
  • Ridiculist
  • Yay Victor!
http://www.metrotransit.org/government-plaza-station
There are tons of hotels within a short walk of this station.  It is an easy landmark.  The venue is less than a mile and not a bad walk at all.

DO NOT stay near the Mall of America, or across the river, or whatever else you might think of doing to save money.  You will spend a lot of time getting from place to place, and the money you saved on a hotel will be wasted on cab fare.

Several years back Lemon had a way of making Priceline get you a decent hotel downtown.  Not sure if it still works or if he can remember how to do it.

[heart][heart][heart],
Victor