Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:26:32 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: star wars thread  (Read 52456 times)

Emperor Jack Chick

• he/him
  • Ridiculist
  • Metal tyrant from hell
star wars thread
i assume some poeple here have Opinions about Star Wars. Put em in here.

Naturally put spoiler warnings as default hidden so as not to fuck up people who haven't seen the new one.

chai tea latte

• TheftBot is, simply put, a fully sentient robot for stealing automatic teller machines
  • Paid
  • (ATMs) from nearby convenience stores.
star wars thread #1
It's okay I guess
eldritchhat

Locclo

• Completely Wrapped in Cling-Film
  • Paid
  • Amakooooooooo!
star wars thread #2
I'll probably see the new one this weekend or something, I wasn't sure I wanted to see it with all of the crazy super fans. I have been watching the other movies in the meantime, starting with episodes 1 and 2, and let me tell you, they would be utterly unbearable if I didn't have the fantastic Rifftrax commentary to go along with it. I highly recommend giving them a try if you can, since all of them are free on their newfangled syncing app.

Yavuz

• Fave: Heavily Excessive Prekumquatxop
  • Paid
  • whats up you cem loving fuck
star wars thread #3
I just got back from seeing it (on an impulse) with fellow grad students. I thought it was really fucking good, and had a nice balance between the callbacks to the original trilogy and the new stuff. There were some people who were getting down on it because they thought it was just more of the same, but I thought it did a good job of passing between the Scylla of utter fanservice and the Charybdis of "OMG THIS ISN'T STAR WARS". And I will say (without going into detail) that I enjoyed one part simply because I knew assholes on the Internet were going to get butthurt about it.

And the next one is supposed to be written and directed by Rian Johnson, who made Looper, which was excellent.

Ambious

star wars thread #4
I liked it a lot.
Sure it wasn't without flaws, but I had a blast and I really liked the new characters.

goombapolice

• a muscular, cum producing MONSTER
  • Paid
star wars thread #5
I hate star wars

Knitting Machine

• Paid
  • Buried in Yarn
star wars thread #6
My coworker is loudly complaining how feminists and SJWs have ruined Star Wars forever. So I'm taking this as a sign that I'll probably like the movie.

Also this makes it the third thirtyish white guy I know complaining about the movie. How more do I need to complete the whole set?

Mu.

• Paid
star wars thread #7
Do they finally write the Star Peace Treaty and end The Star Wars???
Nifty Nif

strifeheart

• a mixture of gravity and waggery
  • Paid
star wars thread #8
Do they finally write the Star Peace Treaty and end The Star Wars???
Murphy, December 18, 2015, 08:39:04 am

I hope when they do it's just like it was in the books:

STOG

• im baby
  • Ridiculist
  • thiis is bernie bro, to me
star wars thread #9
I didn't go see Star Wars last night and I missed out on the chance to get into a real life Darth Vader moshpit/fistfight by wearing my Star Trek Original Series Captain Kirk uniform
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 11:24:50 am by STOG »

Nikaer Drekin

• One-Man Nic Cage Fan Club
  • Paid
  • "My burrito is a big deal"
star wars thread #10
I liked it a lot.
Sure it wasn't without flaws, but I had a blast and I really liked the new characters.
Ambious, December 18, 2015, 03:30:01 am

Same for me, basically! My only hope is more Captain Phasma for next time.

Ambious

star wars thread #11
I liked it a lot.
Ambious, December 18, 2015, 03:30:01 am

Same for me, basically! My only hope is more Captain Phasma for next time.
Nikaer Drekin, December 18, 2015, 12:39:46 pm

Problem is, we don't know for sure she evacuated starkiller base in time. We know Kylo Ren and the blond aryan guy were ordered to evacuate, but fittingly enough - we don't actually see it happen.

Cheapskate

• Persnickety fussbudget
  • Paid
star wars thread #12
I think this one was about as good as Return of the Jedi. I'm not going to use the spoiler tag because I can still read text when it's blurred, so I'll just say that when the Sad Thing happens, the movie completely fails to address just how sad the Sad Thing is.

The cinematography made the galaxy look huge (and largely empty). Action scenes played out in an appropriately pulpy manner. Nothing amazing in the soundtrack.

Ike

• Paid
  • these colors keep me awake at night
star wars thread #13
I hate star wars
goombapolice, December 18, 2015, 08:01:51 am

Isfahan

• Ask me about AKs.
  • Ridiculist
  • Trouble with customers? Isfahano cares.
star wars thread #14
I hope when they do it's just like it was in the books:

strifeheart, December 18, 2015, 11:13:20 am

Based on this image alone, so does Portaxx.

Anyway, the movie was delightful. Hit almost all of the right notes. Plenty of actual sets and practical, in-camera effects. People actually emoted and displayed feelings through acting, unlike the prequels. Every action scene had stakes and plot advancement behind it, unlike the prequels. The pacing at the start seemed a bit too fast, but I understand that JJ had a lot of narrative ground to cover and it's infinitely preferable to endless scenes of people slowly walking down hallways and sitting on couches while talking.
Courtesy Bee