Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:17:48 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: The F Plus conquers ancient China!  (Read 21768 times)

Dr. Buttplug

• Formerly Jackal Flapnasty
  • Paid
  • Legendary Jizz-Wailer
The F Plus conquers ancient China! #60
With Yuan Shao being our greatest potential threat in the long run, I wouldn't want to attack anyone who is attacking him and consuming his attention. Let them wear each other out. We don't want to slow down however. We should look to taking more territory to the southwest to bolster our barracks and coffers. Some skullduggery might be called for to keep Yuan Shao distracted.

Also I second the proposal to erect a monument to Chai.

moooo566 (taylor's version)

• Paid
The F Plus conquers ancient China! #61
I think we should take Chaisang, because this is a map painting situation and not having a completed province would be Bad.

I third the proposal to erect a monument to Chai, but with an addendum that afterwould we should erect monuments to everyone else too.
jim and the mammograms

Shell Game

• Showrunner of Extra Credit
  • Paid
  • Rex Morgan knows about Pretty Cure. Look it up.
The F Plus conquers ancient China! #62
I caution against running our supplies too thin. We want to gain officers, not lose them. We'll be able to take the final area for the province in the future, but for now we should seek stability. And more art.

However, I will defer to the Liberator of Jiangxia on this matter, should she have an op-onion.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2022, 03:03:08 pm by Shell Game »

chai tea latte

• TheftBot is, simply put, a fully sentient robot for stealing automatic teller machines
  • Paid
  • (ATMs) from nearby convenience stores.
The F Plus conquers ancient China! #63
No comments really but i love the statue idea
Dr. Buttplug

Cheapskate

• Persnickety fussbudget
  • Paid
The F Plus conquers ancient China! #64
We can certainly build monuments to whoever the hell we want in the world of flavor text, but if we want to honor someone via game mechanics, we can award them the next rare item that we find, or we can allow them to get married or have someone else swear an oath of loyalty to them.

chai tea latte

• TheftBot is, simply put, a fully sentient robot for stealing automatic teller machines
  • Paid
The F Plus conquers ancient China! #65
We can certainly build monuments to whoever the hell we want in the world of flavor text, but if we want to honor someone via game mechanics, we can award them the next rare item that we find, or we can allow them to get married or have someone else swear an oath of loyalty to them.
Cheapskate, February 16, 2022, 06:29:09 pm
oh, fuck that. I'm getting married.

Cheapskate

• Persnickety fussbudget
  • Paid
The F Plus conquers ancient China! #66
Cheapskate, February 16, 2022, 06:29:09 pm
oh, fuck that. I'm getting married.
chai tea latte, February 16, 2022, 09:15:51 pm

You’re about to get a private message with a list of marital candidates.

Cheapskate

• Persnickety fussbudget
  • Paid
The F Plus conquers ancient China! #67
Another year, another war.

First thing’s first: I gave Chai Tea Latte the choice of bachelors in the country, and she’s decided to marry the dashing prince Ke Bineng. Wikipedia says he was “just, honest, and charismatic.” Sounds like a romance novel in the making: 21st-century Canadian woman charms barbarian khan. Anyhow, this means that any time Chai’s armies are in close proximity with her husband’s, they’ll both get combat boosts.

And while we’re celebrating, I’m going to get married, too.

It would be gauche to send Chai off to conquer another city during her honeymoon, so in accordance with our plan, I’m launching a two-pronged attack on Chaisang. Jim and the Mammograms will lead the expedition from Lujiang, with Sauce and K. Thor sweeping down from Jiangxia in the northwest.

Supplying this expedition is a challenge, especially because Jiangxia was just recently conquered. I’ve resorted to confiscating supplies from the people, which won’t make them happy.

Sun Ce’s attack comes up short, and we’re able to capture Chaisang without much resistance.

This puts us in full control of Yang Province. Game-Frank West seems to think that Huainan should be next: we can finish off Huainan by capturing Shouchun. The conquest also bring us to the Emperor’s attention. He promotes me, and I pass on promotions to you.

The XP bonus for taking all of Yang Province also lets me level up and add another advisor. Cang Ci is going to help reduce our supply consumption.

Most of our cities are prospering and growing, especially the ones south of the river, but natural disasters are hurting growth in Jianan and Jiangxia.

Our other neighbors continue to seek alliances with us, giving us cash and special items. The cash I keep: the special items, I pass on to worthy officers.

Speaking of cash, I’m spending a lot of it trying to get Yuan Shao’s governors to revolt against him. Eventually I’m able to get Han Meng, who’s kind of a nobody, to rise up in revolt. He’s still independent at the end of the year, but he won’t last for long. At least he’s a distraction.

I’ve tried to focus our recruiting efforts on officers of Yuan Shao. Our biggest wins this year are Yu Jin, who’s considered one of the Five Elite Generals; Meng Da, who’s a crafty warrior; high-spirited fighter Hou Cheng, Lu Qian, a decent all-rounder; and former independent warlord Zhang Xiu.

Yuan Shao isn’t much deterred, though. He takes out Kong Rong and, more worryingly, Lu Bu. With China’s most feared warrior on his side, he’s going to be even harder to defeat.

Fortunately, we’re able to convince Lu Bu’s daughter, Lu Lingqi, to join us instead. She doesn’t exist in real life or in the novel on which this game is based, which leads me to believe the guys at Koei Tecmo just wanted another excuse to draw a good-looking lady with a cheongsam-straining set of tits.

It’s October 198, and here’s the situation in China and on our northern and western fronts.

Can anything stop Yuan Shao? Perhaps. After all, he has three sons who don’t really like each other, so if we can hold out until he dies…

Options include:

1. Finish off Liu Biao by going west to Xinye, or crossing the river to take Jiangling in the south and Xiangyang in the north. We’d control the Yangtze gorge and force any attackers to make multiple river crossings to get to us, and if we take two of those three cities, we’ll get a bonus for controlling Northern Jing Province (extra XP for everyone).

2. Take Shouchun from Zhuge Jin. This will complete our control of Huainan Provice and give us a big XP bonus, plus it would cut our espionage costs in half. It would also set up a natural geographic boundary with Yuan Shao, as there’s a small river running between Shouchun and his city of Xiaopei.

3. Zhang Chao’s only got 8,266 men and seven officers in Guangling. He’s easy prey.

4. We’d have to march through the mountains to take out Sun Ce in Changsha. His cities are small, so it might not be worthwhile, but complete conquest of his territory would give us the chance to hire the Sun clan as our officers. Some of them are quite talented.

5. Shi Xie controls small cities. He’s built up a sizable army (32,000 men in Nanhai), but his officer corps is weak.

6. There’s an ancient Chinese proverb: “only suckers fight fair.” (Or at least it’s an ancient Chinese proverb now that we’ve tampered with the timeline.) If we focus on shipping supplies north of the river, we can outfit our boundaries with walls, traps, arrow towers, and other nasty things that could sway battles in our favor when Yuan Shao inevitably decides to come for us.

7. Some other thing.

What’s next for us?

GirlKisser420

• Its time for limpboys to have their day in the sun
  • Paid
  • Just a Baby Drinkin Coffee
The F Plus conquers ancient China! #68
Option 1 gives us a good variety of advantages. XP and more defense at the same time will always be helpful, and we can move on the easier prey with more of an advantage afterwards.

Shell Game

• Showrunner of Extra Credit
  • Paid
  • Rex Morgan knows about Pretty Cure. Look it up.
The F Plus conquers ancient China! #69
I demand an arts and education initiative.

Dr. Buttplug

• Formerly Jackal Flapnasty
  • Paid
  • Legendary Jizz-Wailer
The F Plus conquers ancient China! #70
I would think taking Liu Biao while shipping supplies up the river then taking on Zhuge Jin. That way we'll have quite the formidable front against Yuan Shao when he comes a knocking.

jim and the mammograms

• Paid
  • ah fuck my pun doesn't work now that i'm he/they
The F Plus conquers ancient China! #71
As a military strategist, I support the recruitment of as many good-looking ladies with a cheongsam-straining set of tits as possible. I only really know combat from video games but I've heard it helps.

Anyway, seconding #1.
chai tea latte

moooo566 (taylor's version)

• Paid
The F Plus conquers ancient China! #72
I'm going to go with option 6. We've done well, it's time to treat ourselves with some sweet new hardware.

chai tea latte

• Paid
The F Plus conquers ancient China! #73
I'm too busy on my honeymoon to present myself at council chambers, but I send a courier with a note.

NSFW content. Click to show.

Cheapskate

• Persnickety fussbudget
  • Paid
The F Plus conquers ancient China! #74
Half of you wanted to focus on internal improvements and defensive works, while half of you wanted to charge Liu Biao and finish him off, so I’ve split the difference this year.

As usual, Shell Game wants us to teach people the arts, and what better art than architecture? I’m sending supplies north of the river so we can build walls along the edges of our territory. This becomes easier when Zhuge Jin renews our alliance by ceding Liuan, which sits across a narrow neck of land between mountains and the water. If Yuan Shao wants to come south towards Lujiang, he’s going to have to march through some very unfriendly territory.

Meanwhile, we’ll cross the Yangtse again and attack Jiangling, with our newlyweds and Princess Diana Memorial Ballpit Poster leading the way.

The length of the march gives Liu Biao time to send reinforcements. The battle is a close-run thing. It would’ve been even closer if Chai Tea Latte didn’t fight Wang Wei and kill him, sending all his men a-scatter.

Ke Bineng and Chai Tea Latte eventually run out of soldiers, are wounded, and have to flee. Diana takes the city and tries to hold out against panicked Liu Biao forces. We contribute to the panic by sending spies to lower their morale.

Fortunately, we get Liu Biao to run away, and we get time to reinforce the city. Even more fortunately, we win the battle at just the right time: the city has a bountiful harvest, we find a legendary bow in the city, and the great doctor Hua Tuo shows up to heal our wounded officers.

As usual, we’ve picked up a few new officers, but there are three that I’m really excited about. Sima Lang joins us to handle domestic affairs, and Lemon manages to steal one of Yuan Shao’s mightiest warriors, Zhang Liao. And in accordance with Jim and the Mammograms’ request to continue the emboobening of our forces, we’ve brought in Bu Lianshi.

Speaking of Yuan Shao, he’s starting to breathe down our necks. He’s finished off his rebellious warlord and is sending expeditions towards cities just north of us. His officers are close enough that we’re getting opportunities to sabotage them.

The situation as of October 199.

Options include:

1. Lujiang is well-defended, and Yuan Shao will probably make a move for it sooner rather than later. Send our best soldiers there and prepare to fight on our turf.

2. Yuan Shao has men on the march towards Shouchun (lime green, Zhuge Jin) and Guangling (purple, Zhang Chao). We can wait for him to take one of those cities, then storm it before he gets the chance to recombobulate.

3. Our alliance with Zhuge Jin runs up in three months. If he can hold out that long, we can backstab him when the alliance ends and hope that we get Shouchun before Yuan Shao. This would give us dibs on Zhuge Jin’s officer corps, which includes some real heavyweights like Dian Wei, Zhou Tai, Xiahou Dun, and Cao Cao.

4. The same, but with Zhang Chao, whose alliance with us runs up in six months.

5. Liu Biao still lives. We might be able to capture Xiangyang without leaving our other cities too exposed, but we might not be in position to do so until next summer.

6. Some other option.

Whaddya think?