Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:30:33 pm

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: 386: No Gods, Yes Masters  (Read 11177 times)

Runic

• Is Putting A Donk On It
  • Paid
  • John Brown did nothing wrong
386: No Gods, Yes Masters #15
I'm an anarchist and also a giant nerd, so I actually have some context for what an anarcho-monarchist is. Firstly it's an ideology that most anarchists hold to be about as ridiculous and contradictory as you do, for fairly obvious reasons. It's probably got more claim to being an actual form of anarchism than fucking anarcho-capitalism though, which anarchists pretty much universally agree is not actually a form of anarchism. It's basically the idea that the monarch should exist as a divinely ordained religious and moral leader, like a sort of moral exemplar that society can aspire to, but without any of the hierarchical power structures of a normal monarchy. It's sort of a way to square anarchist tendencies and beliefs with the weird psychology of living in a culture where having a monarch is a big part of your national identity. It's kind of what J.R.R. Tolkien believed which is why he comes up in this discussion several times, because he developed a healthy distrust of authority by witnessing the horrors of the first World War, but was also very British to the point that he could not have straightforwardly good politics and so he ended up in a weird an kind of incoherent place.

I don't understand it either but I think some of the people who hold to it have their hearts in the right place, for what it's worth.
eldritchhat corporate daiquiri Salubrious Rex

Shell Game

• Fearless: The Fiscal Year of Shadow
  • Paid
  • Rex Morgan knows about Pretty Cure. Look it up.
386: No Gods, Yes Masters #16
its so fucked up to have a real british accent on
GirlKisser420, April 14, 2023, 06:32:29 am

I spent hours on my Austin Powers impression just to get shown up in the first seconds
KendrickLobstar, April 18, 2023, 02:00:04 pm
Ain't that always the way?

Sauce

• Common-gender prole
  • Paid
  • Screw it, I'll go with they/them
386: No Gods, Yes Masters #17
I don't understand it either but I think some of the people who hold to it have their hearts in the right place, for what it's worth.
Runic, April 18, 2023, 08:11:37 pm
That's a nice sentiment and all, but as a counterpoint, the people on the forum covered think it's perfectly fine. For some other examples of things they think are perfectly fine re-listen to the start of this episode! Or read the stuff we decided not to cover about Prince Andrew! Actually no don't. The correct call was made.
chai tea latte Salubrious Rex

positive stress

• your favorite cool pizza star
  • Paid
  • beep beep ribby ribby
386: No Gods, Yes Masters #18
Your pedantry was correct and will bother me for hours.

Sentence to make an internet commenter cum
Sauce Salubrious Rex A Meat Great Joe KendrickLobstar chai tea latte Dr. Buttplug Lemon Shell Game thelizzerd adrenochrome dome Boots Raingear Frank West xdaringdamselx vAmPiReSoFtWaRe Immoral Filth

EYE OF ZA

• some people's reactions such as the fuck,the hell,wtf, or what the hell
  • Paid
  • I have a problem and then I have another problem
386: No Gods, Yes Masters #19
The thing with the anarcho-monarchism is that while I understand someone being distrustful of authority but too British to say "fuck the queen", everyone in this episode was American, so they don't have that excuse.
chai tea latte Salubrious Rex

Laocius

• Paid
386: No Gods, Yes Masters #20
I once met a guy in real life who described himself as a “monarchical libertarian anarchist,” and he was unable to explain this ideology to me in a way that made sense. He used the pope’s sovereignty over Vatican City as an example, but that didn’t really help.

I would not say that I think his “heart was in the right place,” but I do kind of wish more right-wingers would go in that direction, just because it’s more fun to argue with someone who has this weird set of beliefs than with normal conservatives.

Sauce

• Common-gender prole
  • Paid
386: No Gods, Yes Masters #21
A comment from Breakfast sent me back to the forums briefly, and while I didn't find what I hoped for, I did find royalcello's crisis of faith.

I am tired of things not going the way I want. I should have been British and not all those disgusting egalitarian idiots who vote Labour or Lib Dem or SNP or Green. David Cameron should represent the most left-wing view that is permitted. If the 20% of the population who are against the monarchy were eliminated as they ought to be things would be very different. I am so sick of 21st-century political realities.
(...)
Sorry but I can't stand it that people who are against the monarchy live in Britain and I don't. It is a cosmic injustice. Why were they born there and not me? It's enough to challenge my belief in God sometimes. I'm incapable of tolerance on this issue and yes I do get exasperated but that doesn't mean my bitter hatred for anti-monarchists is not real. They have already ruined so many countries and the fact that they want to ruin more and take away what little we have left makes me quiver with fury. I believe in tolerance for almost all other sorts of people and beliefs but draw the line at abolitionist republicanism and could not be friends with a "British" person who openly advocated abolishing the monarchy. There is more forgiveness in my heart for common criminals.
chai tea latte Runic

Shell Game

• Paid
386: No Gods, Yes Masters #22
What a pathetic thing to dedicate one's life to.

PaulLovesToLaugh

• Paid
386: No Gods, Yes Masters #23
I'd love to hear each person's different read on that thing.

PaulLovesToLaugh

• Paid
386: No Gods, Yes Masters #24
https://twitter.com/ClwnPrncCharlie/status/1668369469217943560?t=jX4O6gTVxlJCZvNn6oK-xw&s=19

Edit since Twitter isnt showing the tweet thread. Here's the context

Monarchist can't stop posting monarchy to his company social media account, loses his business clients who don't want to deal with that shit
« Last Edit: June 12, 2023, 10:58:34 pm by PaulLovesToLaugh »

Runic

• Is Putting A Donk On It
  • Paid
  • John Brown did nothing wrong
386: No Gods, Yes Masters #25
I would not say that I think his “heart was in the right place,” but I do kind of wish more right-wingers would go in that direction, just because it’s more fun to argue with someone who has this weird set of beliefs than with normal conservatives.
Laocius, April 26, 2023, 03:27:14 pm

I think that J.R.R. Tolkien specifically had his heart in the right place, I won't vouch for any of the others. Why an American would hold these views I cannot comprehend. Congenital propensity for bootlicking?

GirlKisser420

• Its time for limpboys to have their day in the sun
  • Paid
  • Just a Baby Drinkin Coffee
386: No Gods, Yes Masters #26
Monarchism is perfectly understandable if you're a catholic weirdo who believes that god is approving the monarch. Which is an absurd belief if you look at pretty much any historical monarch at all, or in fact question it in any way.
vAmPiReSoFtWaRe

Shell Game

• Paid
386: No Gods, Yes Masters #27
You know what I would've loved from this subject? Serfplay bdsm. Then I'd at least buy that they actually understand what they want. Plus they'd talk just as dumb but in funnier ways.

Glitterbomber

• Paid
386: No Gods, Yes Masters #28
that's right tax my wheat harvest
Dr. Buttplug

Sauce

• Common-gender prole
  • Paid
386: No Gods, Yes Masters #29
You know what I would've loved from this subject? Serfplay bdsm. Then I'd at least buy that they actually understand what they want. Plus they'd talk just as dumb but in funnier ways.
Shell Game, June 24, 2023, 11:14:10 pm
That was something that was on my list of things to look for when the topic was monarchists in general, before I found this forum and everything else got thrown out. I'm sure there's something out there...
Great Joe