Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 02:57:13 pm

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: 342: Root Beer Advocates  (Read 18239 times)

Tenerence

• Paid
  • Oh no
342: Root Beer Advocates #30
Haven't come on here in literal years, but you know what? That guy at the beginning knew what's up. Barq's is pretty damn good! Also, a caffeinated root beer, which several of those guys seemed to think didn't exist.
Lemon RoeCocoa Achilles' Heelies GirlKisser420 SHAMBA~1.SBB Boots Raingear Immoral Filth Lumbermouth

Macho Masc Sangy Savage

• Beep Beep Imma Dwarf Jeep
  • Paid
  • 🍕 Pizza Philosopher 🍕
342: Root Beer Advocates #31
I have not been able to look at a single can of bottle of root beer the same since this episode.
1234GO! adrenochrome dome Lumbermouth

1234GO!

• Paid
  • beyond buildings and food
342: Root Beer Advocates #32
I have not been able to look at a single can of bottle of root beer the same since this episode.
Guy Ferrari, July 18, 2021, 02:40:06 pm

Same, since listening to this episode I have bought Virgil's three times. It was $0.99 per bottle at Trader Joes.
Immoral Filth Achilles' Heelies xdaringdamselx

Adam Bozarth

• Your friend on the internet
  • Ridiculist
  • [File Photo]
342: Root Beer Advocates #33
Guy Ferrari, July 18, 2021, 02:40:06 pm

I had the unique pleasure of spotting and angrily pointing out the bottles of Virgil's on sale at Cost Plus World Market.
xdaringdamselx RoeCocoa

ikaribattousai

• Paid
342: Root Beer Advocates #34
Definitely the first episode that made me actually want to engage with the topic of the episode. Not in an arguing about it online way, but in a "you know what? A nice root beer doesn't sound that bad right now, actually," way.
Tipsy Almond jim and the mammograms Dr. Buttplug RoeCocoa slugshot Liatai

1234GO!

• Paid
  • beyond buildings and food
342: Root Beer Advocates #35
Barqs, with bonus soviet ephemera

Adam Bozarth SHAMBA~1.SBB

Hoffgod

• Paid
342: Root Beer Advocates #36
The site is gone! Rootbeerreview.com is down and listed for sale. I can only assume this means Aristophanes was finally defeated by KnyteOwl.
thelizzerd GirlKisser420 Salubrious Rex Antivehicular Penultimatum Shell Game Liatai

Salubrious Rex

• Paid
342: Root Beer Advocates #37
The site is gone! Rootbeerreview.com is down and listed for sale. I can only assume this means Aristophanes was finally defeated by KnyteOwl.
Hoffgod, February 20, 2022, 11:09:42 am

Lemon, January 14, 2021, 05:16:37 pm

At least one person saw this coming.
Antivehicular Lemon Dr. Buttplug Hoffgod Achilles' Heelies Shell Game Liatai

Muffinator

• Paid
342: Root Beer Advocates #38
I went back and listened to the episode and somehow the first time I glossed over how they all think Bundaberg is a pretentious microbrew and they're making fun of how hip it is

Don't get me wrong, I love a bundy, but that shit is Aussie ... ?RC Cola? I don't know the US well enough to hit a precise equivalent, but it's stuff you buy from the gas station.

thelizzerd

• Paid
  • Make documents, not sense.
342: Root Beer Advocates #39
I went back and listened to the episode and somehow the first time I glossed over how they all think Bundaberg is a pretentious microbrew and they're making fun of how hip it is

Don't get me wrong, I love a bundy, but that shit is Aussie ... ?RC Cola? I don't know the US well enough to hit a precise equivalent, but it's stuff you buy from the gas station.
Muffinator, February 23, 2022, 08:35:34 pm

I think the equivalent would probably be Barq's or A&W depending on what part of the country you're in. I think a lot of things get hype in the US just because they're imported and not due to how good they are. Another good example of this is those Hello Panda cookie/biscuits that are Japanese. I know people like obsessed with them, but they're not that exciting.

Dr. Buttplug

• Formerly Jackal Flapnasty
  • Paid
  • Legendary Jizz-Wailer
342: Root Beer Advocates #40
Whatya talkin' about, it's got that high falutin ring pull top and calligraphic logotype, it's gotta be fancy. And it's got a bottle like a Redstripe, the fanciest of beers.

EYE OF ZA

• some people's reactions such as the fuck,the hell,wtf, or what the hell
  • Paid
  • I have a problem and then I have another problem
342: Root Beer Advocates #41
You also need to remember that, to Americans, any soda with cane sugar in it is fancy. A soda that doesn't have corn syrup in it, what a special treat! I've seen special 'real sugar' variants of big name sodas in stores here, and they'll also sell Mexican versions of the standard Coke/Pepsi mainstays (and Jarritos, another Mexican brand) because the bottling plants in Mexico don't use corn syrup, so they're ~fancy~.

They kind of are, too. The difference between corn syrup soda and sugar soda is mostly a texture thing. Being syrup,, corn syrup is a bit more thick and goopy, so sodas with cane sugar taste a bit lighter and snappier.
jim and the mammograms chai tea latte Dr. Buttplug Liatai

Great Joe

• Local good at video games be-er
  • Paid
  • Myahhh!
342: Root Beer Advocates #42
You also need to remember that, to Americans, any soda with cane sugar in it is fancy. A soda that doesn't have corn syrup in it, what a special treat! I've seen special 'real sugar' variants of big name sodas in stores here, and they'll also sell Mexican versions of the standard Coke/Pepsi mainstays (and Jarritos, another Mexican brand) because the bottling plants in Mexico don't use corn syrup, so they're ~fancy~.

They kind of are, too. The difference between corn syrup soda and sugar soda is mostly a texture thing. Being syrup,, corn syrup is a bit more thick and goopy, so sodas with cane sugar taste a bit lighter and snappier.
EYE OF ZA, February 25, 2022, 05:37:04 pm
and corn syrup Pepsi is fucking disgusting.

Dr. Buttplug

• Formerly Jackal Flapnasty
  • Paid
  • Legendary Jizz-Wailer
342: Root Beer Advocates #43
Pepsi is gross under all circumstances. I got some WBC root beer from the dollar store and it was really really gross.

Great Joe

• Local good at video games be-er
  • Paid
  • Myahhh!
342: Root Beer Advocates #44
Pepsi is gross under all circumstances. I got some WBC root beer from the dollar store and it was really really gross.
Dr. Buttplug, February 28, 2022, 10:09:12 am
Real sugar Pepsi is inoffensive, but real sugar RC Cola definitely beats it.