Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:57:28 pm

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: Florida experiences.  (Read 3775 times)

Mango Tango

• Paid
Florida experiences.
This is just a thread for those who have any interesting personal Florida stories to share.

A Whirring Bone-White Gleech

• fact-lord
  • Paid
  • I was in first place, you whore!
Florida experiences. #1
My gramma has a cabin on a lake in central Florida.  One time me and my brother were exploring the creek that feeds it; they were undergoing a drought, and so the bottom was exposed.  I'm walking around, and I have to step over this really big branch.  I look at it, and notice it has these neat ridges running along it.  I follow it along, and low and behold, the "branch" ends in a baby alligator torso - it was actually the little critter's tail.  So, of course, I freak out immediately and we run like hell.

The alligator never moved; we came to the conclusion that it was probably dead.  We did not go back up to it to check.

One of our neighbors later got in trouble for feeding a particular gator.  It was an adult, and it lost its fear of people, so this huge adult gator would just come up to docks and boats for food.  Ultimately, the police had to arrange to have something done with it, putting it down I assume.

EYE OF ZA

• some people's reactions such as the fuck,the hell,wtf, or what the hell
  • Paid
  • I have a problem and then I have another problem
Florida experiences. #2
Didn't happen in Florida but close enough: There was a rabid skunk in our backyard.  Out in the open during the day, standing in place, just kind of rocking back and forth.  Clearly something's wrong with it.  My dad calls the village police, asks them to send animal control.  A regular police officer comes by shortly and my dad shows him to the skunk.  The police officer takes out his pistol and shoots it point-blank.  My dad asks what they're going to do with the body.  The police officer just kinda shrugs and tells him to put it in the trash, then leaves.

« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 07:25:44 am by EYE OF ZA »

Runic

• Is Putting A Donk On It
  • Paid
  • John Brown did nothing wrong
Florida experiences. #3
I got born there once.

Mango Tango

• Paid
Florida experiences. #4
My gramma has a cabin on a lake in central Florida.  One time me and my brother were exploring the creek that feeds it; they were undergoing a drought, and so the bottom was exposed.  I'm walking around, and I have to step over this really big branch.  I look at it, and notice it has these neat ridges running along it.  I follow it along, and low and behold, the "branch" ends in a baby alligator torso - it was actually the little critter's tail.  So, of course, I freak out immediately and we run like hell.

The alligator never moved; we came to the conclusion that it was probably dead.  We did not go back up to it to check.

One of our neighbors later got in trouble for feeding a particular gator.  It was an adult, and it lost its fear of people, so this huge adult gator would just come up to docks and boats for food.  Ultimately, the police had to arrange to have something done with it, putting it down I assume.
Der Trommelngleech, June 08, 2016, 02:20:30 pm
Sadly its what they have to do. Or else they go around praying on old people and dogs.

Ambious

Florida experiences. #5
I was there when I was 3 years old, roughly 30 years ago.
I vaguely remember a huge golf ball shaped building in Disneyland, some of the space simulator ride, and cape Kennedy.
Basically touristy stuff.