Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:36:12 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: 196: Made With Mechanically Separated Podcast Parts  (Read 22793 times)

Lemon

• Whatever happened to Freedom of Speech?
  • Administrator
  • ...IT'S NOW THE MASH!

Sherman Tank

• Licensed Kadir-Buxton Method Practitioner
  • Associate Tag Director, East
  • I'm over 30 years old and I like fried chicken.
Where's the episode?!?! It's not on the front page.

EDIT: The bacon jalapeno margarita is the second worst crime against cocktails I've ever encountered. It's only narrowly edged out by putting cucumber slices in a martini.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 11:13:32 pm by Sherman Tank »

Lemon

• Whatever happened to Freedom of Speech?
  • Administrator
  • ...IT'S NOW THE MASH!
Where's the episode?!?! It's not on the front page.
Sherman Tank, December 06, 2015, 10:12:06 pm
Now it is.

Sherman Tank

I think I'm in love with Nutshell Gulag after her pure burning anger during the grilled cheese sandwich segment.

QueenSyreen

• Unsurprised, yet Disappointed
  • Paid
  • very very strongly pro-vaxx
The 'emotionally dead' voice Nutshell Gulag does is masterful. You know, that voice of sheer apathy that I'm sure she affects for comedic effect. The voice that is fake and not how she's feeling at all, certainly.

Also, I need way more pictures of this 'food.'

A Meat

• Artificial Man Pop Seasoning
  • Paid
  • filled with delicious dude meat
Also, I need way more pictures of this 'food.'
QueenSyreen, December 07, 2015, 01:00:32 am

You really don't. Trust me on this.

Dawnswalker

• Paid
I usually listen to podcasts while I bake, but this time around I figured that would be a bad idea.

By the time you got to the Velveeta thing, I knew that I had figured correctly.

Knitting Machine

• Paid
  • Buried in Yarn
The sausage apple tarts actually sound pretty good to me?

Gyro

• touched fuzzy, got dizzy
  • Paid
Fucking masterful Kumquatting on the part of Jack Chick, here. JalapeƱo bacon margaritas. Of course! [freakout]

QueenSyreen

• Paid
KnitOneKillTwo, December 07, 2015, 08:37:19 am

I saw that one working out, too. Maybe some modifications (why was there cheese) (make your own goddamn pastry crust) but there is a history of putting apples, especially sour apples, in savory baked goods, and you can make a lot of good stuff that way.

It just had to be less damn cheap, honestly. The ingredients need to be less damn CHEAP. The problem with a lot of these is that there's basically google translate recipes. Imagine there was an original recipe in like, Turkish, and some sort of babblefish entity saw 'fine sausage of x type, fine cheese of x type, fine pastry dough made in y way' and spat out 'uh, sausage of x brand, and cheese, like, Parmesan maybe, and pastry dough. Whatever.' We just saw the babblefish end result.
RoeCocoa Sherman Tank

Yavuz

• Fave: Heavily Excessive Prekumquatxop
  • Paid
  • whats up you cem loving fuck
If you google this recipe, the first result is from Paula Deen. This seems relevant.

Knitting Machine

• Paid
  • Buried in Yarn

I saw that one working out, too. Maybe some modifications (why was there cheese) (make your own goddamn pastry crust) but there is a history of putting apples, especially sour apples, in savory baked goods, and you can make a lot of good stuff that way.

It just had to be less damn cheap, honestly. The ingredients need to be less damn CHEAP. The problem with a lot of these is that there's basically google translate recipes. Imagine there was an original recipe in like, Turkish, and some sort of babblefish entity saw 'fine sausage of x type, fine cheese of x type, fine pastry dough made in y way' and spat out 'uh, sausage of x brand, and cheese, like, Parmesan maybe, and pastry dough. Whatever.' We just saw the babblefish end result.
QueenSyreen, December 07, 2015, 09:22:14 am

Good point! It could be done, but it would require actual cooking skills and food knowledge.

Also when I was little I used to eat white bread/margarine/kraft single sandwiches. Except instead of cooking them on the stove I would microwave it until the cheese started to form large bubbles. In my family's defense we were really, really poor.
QueenSyreen

Sherman Tank

It probably would be if it was made with real ingredients.

QueenSyreen

• Paid
Also when I was little I used to eat white bread/margarine/kraft single sandwiches. Except instead of cooking them on the stove I would microwave it until the cheese started to form large bubbles. In my family's defense we were really, really poor.
KnitOneKillTwo, December 07, 2015, 10:04:50 am

Dammit, I just meant to quote that, not bulb it. I hate buttons. Oh well, have a bulb.

Yeah, I grew up with that too, and it was picked up for the same reason. It's pretty easy to have white bread, kraft singles, and margarine in your fridge on any given day. I feel like a lot of these things start with/come from a low-budget and empty-fridge version of a better food, but for some reason, we end up advertising the low-end version too.
eldritchhat

Fanzay

• Failson Prime
  • Paid
  • Turned on is the wrong word
As someone who didn't know what Velveeta was, fuck you. Fuck