Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 08:09:09 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: Episode 200a: Retrospective | Part 1  (Read 37882 times)

Lemon

• Whatever happened to Freedom of Speech?
  • Administrator
  • ...IT'S NOW THE MASH!
Episode 200a: Retrospective | Part 1

Zekka

• I AM IN INTO MATHEMATICAL CALCULATIONS AND MANY METHODS USED IN THE STOCK MARKET
  • Paid
Episode 200a: Retrospective | Part 1 #1
uh oh

YetAnotherAmber

• Paid
  • official member of the Tender Gender
Episode 200a: Retrospective | Part 1 #2
I have to ask, is STOG Magical or Magikal?

TurkeyPopulationGuessingMan

• Got an A in Chicken Nuggets
  • Paid
Episode 200a: Retrospective | Part 1 #3
I was around the web in the early days, but strangely enough I never made it over to Portal of Evil. It is interesting to hear how it all came together.

Adam Bozarth

• Your friend on the internet
  • Ridiculist
  • [File Photo]
Episode 200a: Retrospective | Part 1 #4
Fun fact: Dan Lacey creates the cover art for Dan Warren's album Departures. Dan W kindly let's us use his music for LHR. He's also a marine biologist!

chai tea latte

• TheftBot is, simply put, a fully sentient robot for stealing automatic teller machines
  • Paid
  • (ATMs) from nearby convenience stores.
Episode 200a: Retrospective | Part 1 #5
This is really great. I love the oral history angle, some great anecdotes. Thanks for putting out such great stuff.

chai tea latte

• TheftBot is, simply put, a fully sentient robot for stealing automatic teller machines
  • Paid
  • (ATMs) from nearby convenience stores.
Episode 200a: Retrospective | Part 1 #6
I'm sorry for double posting but I forgot to use the phrase "gamer's hip clip show"
cube abuser Lemon positive stress Dawnswalker

Gyro

• touched fuzzy, got dizzy
  • Paid
Episode 200a: Retrospective | Part 1 #7
Oh my fucking god all of this TF2 nostalgia is going to crush me.

Can we get a TF2 server? Maybe with all of the terrible cash shop items disabled, just stock weapons and the 2009-ish-era achievement unlock items left in?

Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop

• Trill Lesh
  • Paid
  • 12 cellphones and I look like kurt angle
Episode 200a: Retrospective | Part 1 #8

Can we get a TF2 server? Maybe with all of the terrible cash shop items disabled, just stock weapons and the 2009-ish-era achievement unlock items left in?
Gyro, January 18, 2016, 09:41:38 am
If someone else does all the work, I'll join

Old_Zircon

• The phased-out byzantine devil.
  • Paid
Episode 200a: Retrospective | Part 1 #9
So how did people here find the F Plus?  I don't really play games online so I had no idea about the early history.  I first heard about it when someone linked the (point to sclong) episode in the Poe-News thread where veryone was making fun of PUA (aka literally the only thing I ever paid any attention to on Poe-News).

To this day Watch Children is the only person I've encountered on the Internet who made me actually, literally angry in real life.  Fuck that guy, troll or not.

Good episode!

EDIT:

If someone else does all the work, I'll join

Me too.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 09:51:03 am by Old_Zircon »

A Meat

• Artificial Man Pop Seasoning
  • Paid
  • filled with delicious dude meat
Episode 200a: Retrospective | Part 1 #10
So is this where we post our unimportant and e/n origin stories? Because I knew of Lou from around Weekend Web was still happening regularly, which must have been like mid-late 2009 on something awful in old-GBS, which probably wasn't an appropriate place for a fourteen year old to lurk, but I kind of ended up there because teenagers gravitate towards stupid bullshit, and all this crazy forum shit just fascinated me instead of grossing me out, and somehow I didn't end up become some sort of dangerous deviant or a big bundle of directionless anger.

Anyways I didn't hear about the F+ until like two years later, and someone mentioned the F+ when talking about shitty creepypastas on PYF or something, and I've been hooked basically ever since. After listening to a few episodes that were new at the time, I did the stupid thing of listening to all the episodes in chronological order, without really knowing any of the backstory behind the podcast or anything really, but somehow I'm still here, and I even ended up finding weird shit on the internet, who'd have known.

Positronic

• You told a squash lie!
  • Paid
  • You broke a squash promise!
Episode 200a: Retrospective | Part 1 #11
Amputee episode is coming soon? [freakout]

Anyway, wow! I feel like such an internet baby. PoE was active before my time... I'm pretty sure my first tastes of atrocity tourism were deviantart snark communities on LJ and Chris-Chan, and I feel insanely guilty for laughing at both of those things now (...okay, I still laugh at fetishy stuff on dA but that's different).

I'll definitely agree that one of my favorite things about The F Plus is the replay value, and this episode proved that Baby Drug Pusher and BOY MEAT will make me laugh no matter how many times I hear them. Looking forward to part 2!

Gyro

• touched fuzzy, got dizzy
  • Paid
Episode 200a: Retrospective | Part 1 #12
Anyway, wow! I feel like such an internet baby. PoE was active before my time... I'm pretty sure my first tastes of atrocity tourism were deviantart snark communities on LJ and Chris-Chan, and I feel insanely guilty for laughing at both of those things now (...okay, I still laugh at fetishy stuff on dA but that's different).
Positronic, January 18, 2016, 10:19:13 am

My introduction to crazy internet shit was Encyclopedia Dramatica in 2005 and, yes, you can shoot me (in fact, please do).

Boots Raingear

• BBQ Man-Pop
  • Administrator
  • CEO of Victor's basement
Episode 200a: Retrospective | Part 1 #13

Gyro, January 18, 2016, 09:41:38 am

I'll get the TF2 server back up and running, probably with all of my old mods.

We'll schedule a time to play.
chai tea latte Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop Gyro Kaleidoscope Sherman Tank eldritchhat Ashto

Old_Zircon

• The phased-out byzantine devil.
  • Paid
Episode 200a: Retrospective | Part 1 #14
I really don't remember how I found PoE, it was the second forum I ever used (the World Wide Warez Board was the first, and I found that from a text file on a pirated floppy I got from my guitar teacher in high school).  I think it must have been from Seanbaby's NES page around 1999 or 2000, I don't think I actually submitted or posted until mid 2000 though.

EDIT: I forget what episode it was now, but a while back someone (Lemon?) had an aside about how statistically somebody out there must listen before bed and fall asleep with it still playing and have dreams about the subject of the episode.  That's me, although I haven't had dreams about it (yet).  pretty much only listen to it when I'm going to sleep.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 11:33:29 am by Old_Zircon »