Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 11:32:16 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: Episode 200a: Retrospective | Part 1  (Read 38805 times)

montrith

• Petrodactyl Spotter
  • Internaut
  • You must be this tall to ride
Episode 200a: Retrospective | Part 1 #45
I can't remember exactly when I first discovered the Fplus, but I do remember it was pretty early on. It might have been after there was a piece on SA where they read a bunch of really stupid forum posts and I was searching for something similar.  I almost immediately started submitting stuff, until they gave in and read the one about a guy turning into a sock, probably hoping if they read it I'd stop spamming them. Little did they know.
Digital Walnut Nifty Nif

Username

• Paid
Episode 200a: Retrospective | Part 1 #46
This was a great episode. The section in the middle talking about replayabilty was pretty on point. I've hit double digits for at least 20 or so episodes and always find something new when I listen to them

Old_Zircon

• The phased-out byzantine devil.
  • Paid
Episode 200a: Retrospective | Part 1 #47
a guy turning into a sock
montrith, January 18, 2016, 10:26:11 pm

I forgot that was one of yours, classic.

One Of The Crappy Pokemon That Nobody Likes

• Oh no it's the "The-World-Owes-Me-A-Living Lads"!!
  • Ridiculist
  • RARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARR
Episode 200a: Retrospective | Part 1 #48
hey that reminds me did zarla ever read my shadowrun book?
jack chick, January 18, 2016, 09:12:11 pm

She started on it, I think. I know she scanned it and showed it to a bunch of people haha

Schumin Capote

• Paid
  • Nice to see you, to see you nice.
Episode 200a: Retrospective | Part 1 #49
I found PoE through Old Man Murray and while I didn't post much back in those days, I loved reading the forums and was obsessed with SuperFister69's posts and endless array of signature pics (e.g. "Never fist a hungry shark."). I remember things like the harlequin baby web rings, the Dutchman, Supa Dupa Babies, Poems for Annika, and all of the drama surrounding Alisa-chan.

I can't quite remember how I found the F-Plus, but it was either through Lou Read's the Internet for You or a podcast recommendation thread on SA.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 02:03:47 am by Schumin Capote »

moooo566 (taylor's version)

• Paid
Episode 200a: Retrospective | Part 1 #50
I think I found it through the SA recommend a podcast thread way back at episode 80, Jonathan Lee Riches. I don't feel that man gets enough credit for being one of the craziest. His wikipedia page is a thing of beauty.

Riches attempted to intervene as a plaintiff in the Madoff investment scandal, claiming that he "met Bernard Madoff on eharmony.com in 2001" and taught Madoff identity theft skills.

It was kind of a shock entry into the nonsense that the internet gives us access to. The podcast almost immediately took a month break.

TurkeyPopulationGuessingMan

• Got an A in Chicken Nuggets
  • Paid
Episode 200a: Retrospective | Part 1 #51
I found the F Plus around the ice chewing / Skyrim mod episodes. I was listening to My Brother, My Brother and Me and they briefly mentioned this other podcast that was trying to come onto their turf of reading stuff from Yahoo Answers.

Ambious

Episode 200a: Retrospective | Part 1 #52
I had someone on a chat from another forum I visit frequently recommend the podcast to me out of nowhere.
First episode I tuned in for was the Cheevos one.
Laughs were had.

Liatai

• Made of tea, science, art, and dragons.
  • Paid
  • Warning: uses far too many smileys.
Episode 200a: Retrospective | Part 1 #53
I found the F Plus through Zarla and Internet Computer, actually. I'd been following Zarla's art and such for years, and she happened to link Internet Computer when Portaxx's animation became public. It happened to hit all my giggle spots -- funny voices, funny premise, enthusiastic reading of typos -- I had to have more.

So I followed links through Portaxx's post and listened to Hans von Hozel, and laughed through the whole episode. Now, I won't say I was fully hooked then, but I will say I kept returning to it and decided I wanted more. So I went back to Portaxx's info post about the podcast which recommended some episodes, and I scrolled through looking for something not too gross. "Reno iz Drest in a Kostoom" was my second episode -- hey, I figured, I'm a roleplayer myself, I'm well-acquainted with some of the awful Mary Sues and Gary Stus that populate the field.

I was not prepared. But still I laughed, and wanted more. Which surprised me. I'm not usually the atrocity tourism type.

So I went, "well, okay, let's try a more hardcore episode from the list, see if I can stomach that." Zarla's stick-figure animation about the guy bursting into a barber shop looking for Supernatural fanfic had come out by then, so I craved context.

I stomached it handily -- having been exposed to some of the awful stuff that populates kink memes out of a sense of morbid curiosity -- and have been hooked on the podcast ever since. X3; There are only two or three episodes at this point that I DON'T want to listen to again at some point (monkey moms and dickbugs, with a side of fuckdolls), and I think I've listened to them all at least once. They make great background noise while I play games -- it makes me feel like I have a bunch of friends over reading and laughing at stupid shit, which is always fun. Plus, a good number of episodes serve as public safety announcements, in my book; if you hear or see anyone who reminds you of an F Plus subject, WALK AWAY. :P

I have learned not to listen to new episodes while driving, though. I had an incident somewhat like Kumquat's with the Sherlock episode, though I was in a car. I vaguely remember going "dog cocks WHAT -- WOLF PACKS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY" and nearly driving into a cornfield due to chagrin and laughter. Whoops. :B

CormansInferno

• Forsooth! A ravenous ghoul approaches!
  • Paid
Episode 200a: Retrospective | Part 1 #54
Lurked on PoE, was somewhat active as it wheezed out its last and was moderately-active on POE-News (and now Bo News). Thinking about that flash animation of the stillborn baby spirit dwaggyn belting out "Hello My Ragtime GAAAAL" and the woman that accidentally had Don Bluth shut down her erotic Secret of Nimh RPG still make me smile.

Old_Zircon

• The phased-out byzantine devil.
  • Paid
Episode 200a: Retrospective | Part 1 #55
that flash animation of the stillborn baby spirit dwaggyn belting out "Hello My Ragtime GAAAAL"
CormansInferno, January 19, 2016, 12:55:59 pm

I don't remember that one!  Do you know if it's still out there anywhere?

Lady Frenzy

• ride junk ride drunk
  • Paid
  • Doctor doctor, I've got the lady frenzy
Episode 200a: Retrospective | Part 1 #56
Huge head guy is one of my favorite posts of all time, so I'm glad it made it into the episode. Let's not forget Bunnybread's reading of the OP, too. My love for them is almost as big as their heads.

Isfahan

• Ask me about AKs.
  • Ridiculist
  • Trouble with customers? Isfahano cares.
Episode 200a: Retrospective | Part 1 #57
I was unfortunately unable to make the retrospective recordings; now listening to them I want so badly to have been there and reminisced with everyone else over the PoE-Red/PoE-News/TF2 Cabal days. I would have told my coming-to-God story regarding What's On The Internetâ„¢ because it is a very, very vivid set of memories for me.

Dawnswalker

• Paid
Episode 200a: Retrospective | Part 1 #58
You could tell us now!

Emperor Jack Chick

• he/him
  • Ridiculist
  • Metal tyrant from hell
Episode 200a: Retrospective | Part 1 #59
so i'm listening through this and i just remembered how much my mind was blown at F+ live 1 & 2 when people actually showed up to see it. 2 especially because we had fans who were there and were super excited, and that was just the WEIRDEST FUCKING THING.