Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:51:13 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: 193: The Thing You Like In Pain  (Read 30092 times)

junior associate faguar

• Frankly, an unreasonable level of uguu~
  • Paid
193: The Thing You Like In Pain #60
Yeah, I honestly don't care all that much and don't have much to add other than "I found it funny and don't particularly like people get offended by stuff when it's not meant as a serious thing" written out longer and longer. I'm not going to change anyone's opinion, and I'm not really gonna change my opinion.

Edit: Really, I just don't like when people make blanket statements, talking about how something is "offensive to trans people" instead of "offensive to me as a trans person" or something else where you don't end up speaking for a whole group of people.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 02:07:42 am by journeyman faguar »

Sherlockian

• Library handwriting. Indexing. Abstracting. Alphabetizing. Filing.
  • Paid
  • File under Z695.95 S54
193: The Thing You Like In Pain #61
Edit: Really, I just don't like when people make blanket statements, talking about how something is "offensive to trans people" instead of "offensive to me as a trans person" or something else where you don't end up speaking for a whole group of people.
journeyman faguar, November 15, 2015, 01:31:55 am

GTFO. You specifically made fun of me for being clear that it had upset me as a specific trans person. You insinuated that I need therapy for commenting that a phrase which had been actively used to inflict pain on me had been used as a joke. And then you generalized about how many trans people are ~tumblrized~ and ~oversensitive~. So apparently I (and the other people who pointed that it was hurtful) can't win. Either we say that it hurt us in particular and be dismissed as oversensitive or we say it's hurtful to trans people in general and be told we're generalizing.

Urgh. I liked the episode in general. There was the one joke that bugged me and apparently bugged other people too. Shock and horror, people sometimes don't agree on what constitutes good humor.
Really_Quite_Nice
« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 04:56:48 am by Sherlockian »

goombapolice

• a muscular, cum producing MONSTER
  • Paid
193: The Thing You Like In Pain #62
Just listened to this one again. It's fantastic.

The "drive through genitalia" part was god damn hilarious

Spacebat

• The Friedrich Nietzsche of Snuggling
  • Paid
193: The Thing You Like In Pain #63
This might be the only episode I never listen to twice.

I don't think I can stand to imagine Seth Rogen shitting himself again.

Edit: Never mind, I just imagined Adam Bozarth shitting himself instead.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 11:56:58 am by Spacebat »

goombapolice

• a muscular, cum producing MONSTER
  • Paid
193: The Thing You Like In Pain #64
Ever think you would get here, Adam?

Runic

• Is Putting A Donk On It
  • Paid
  • John Brown did nothing wrong
193: The Thing You Like In Pain #65
Eugene V. Debs noooo :(

Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop

• Trill Lesh
  • Paid
  • 12 cellphones and I look like kurt angle
193: The Thing You Like In Pain #66
Eugene V. Debs noooo :(
Runic, November 18, 2015, 04:54:31 pm
Let the people everywhere take heart of hope, for the fave is bending, the bad mexican food is passing, and joy cometh with the morning

Sherman Tank

• Licensed Kadir-Buxton Method Practitioner
  • Associate Tag Director, East
  • I'm over 30 years old and I like fried chicken.
193: The Thing You Like In Pain #67
I couldn't picture Bernard Quatermass or Dr. Who as portrayed by Patrick Troughton doing any of the shit from this episode.

TheCrawlingChaos

• IWASWONDERINGIFTHEREWEREANYSTORIESWHEREJENSENISACATPERSONANDJAREDISADOGPERSONANDSOMEHOWTHISISACOMPLICATIONINTHEIRRELATIONSHIP?!?
  • Paid
  • Messenger of the Outer Gods
193: The Thing You Like In Pain #68
I couldn't picture Bernard Quatermass or Dr. Who as portrayed by Patrick Troughton doing any of the shit from this episode.
Sherman Tank, November 18, 2015, 09:08:45 pm

Clearly you just need to favor a younger, hotter Doctor. That way it'd all fall into place.

Sherman Tank

• Licensed Kadir-Buxton Method Practitioner
  • Associate Tag Director, East
  • I'm over 30 years old and I like fried chicken.
193: The Thing You Like In Pain #69
I swear I am going to start my own tumblr and submit something to imaginensfwoah along the lines of "imagine your favorite Time Lord never being a sex symbol for maladjusted nerds". Because I remember when that was the case, and I really miss those days.

TheCrawlingChaos

• IWASWONDERINGIFTHEREWEREANYSTORIESWHEREJENSENISACATPERSONANDJAREDISADOGPERSONANDSOMEHOWTHISISACOMPLICATIONINTHEIRRELATIONSHIP?!?
  • Paid
  • Messenger of the Outer Gods
193: The Thing You Like In Pain #70
I swear I am going to start my own tumblr and submit something to imaginensfwoah along the lines of "imagine your favorite Time Lord never being a sex symbol for maladjusted nerds". Because I remember when that was the case, and I really miss those days.
Sherman Tank, November 18, 2015, 10:32:54 pm

What if my favorite Time Lord is Romana? Especially Lala Ward Romana? (To be fair they do seem to be moving away from that with Capaldi, it's just that a lot of new-school fans don't seem to have noticed. Or are into weird-looking Scottish sextegenarians. Or both.)

Chiang Kai-Shrek

• Paid
  • toot toot all aboard
193: The Thing You Like In Pain #71
Sherman Tank, November 18, 2015, 09:08:45 pm
Tom Baker, on the other hand....

Sherman Tank, November 18, 2015, 10:32:54 pm
If you never got tingly feelings about Jon Pertwee then I don't know what to say to you.

LINDA

• the 49th unbreakable gstring
  • Paid
193: The Thing You Like In Pain #72

(!!!)
Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop Bodark Positronic McMillan and Waifu

Spacebat

• The Friedrich Nietzsche of Snuggling
  • Paid
193: The Thing You Like In Pain #73
"New York Times bestselling author"  means about as much as "This book has words in it" to me now.
Corn Syrup

Bodark

• Joan Ocean's #1 Fansquatch
  • Paid
  • I'm real and I tried to suck your dick.
193: The Thing You Like In Pain #74

(!!!)
LINDA, April 24, 2016, 05:33:59 pm

There is nothing I don't hate about this.