Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:53:06 pm

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: I have no mouth and I must scream...  (Read 21385 times)

Isfahan

• Ask me about AKs.
  • Ridiculist
  • Trouble with customers? Isfahano cares.
I have no mouth and I must scream... #15
Yeah, black licorice is what I mean.

fluffy

• Paid
  • free hugs
I have no mouth and I must scream... #16
Black licorice is just okay. I like actual licorice root, which incidentally has a different flavor than anise (although they're very similar, as is fennel).

But yeah it seems like way more people hate licorice than like it, and honestly for me it was a bit of an acquired taste.  I was mostly ambivalent to it before I found out just how awesome licorice tea is for sore throats.

Real licorice also does crazy shit to your potassium levels. If you eat too much of it you can die due to losing so much potassium that your heart stops.  At the same time, that makes it useful if you're taking spironolactone (a potassium-sparing diuretic that also happens to be an effective testosterone blocker) for its secondary effects and don't want to die from having so much potassium that your heart goes berserk.

chai tea latte

• TheftBot is, simply put, a fully sentient robot for stealing automatic teller machines
  • Paid
  • (ATMs) from nearby convenience stores.
I have no mouth and I must scream... #17
Somehow I never saw this one. I totally fucking love black licorice, the blacker the better. The Dutch understand how to make good salted black licorice.

montrith

• Petrodactyl Spotter
  • Internaut
  • You must be this tall to ride
I have no mouth and I must scream... #18
Somehow I never saw this one. I totally fucking love black licorice, the blacker the better. The Dutch understand how to make good salted black licorice.
kal-elk, May 16, 2013, 01:29:10 am

Blasphemy. Only real black licorice comes from Scandinavia and FINLAND! If it's not strong enough to give you blisters on your tongue, then it's not real black licorice.

chai tea latte

• TheftBot is, simply put, a fully sentient robot for stealing automatic teller machines
  • Paid
  • (ATMs) from nearby convenience stores.
I have no mouth and I must scream... #19
kal-elk, May 16, 2013, 01:29:10 am

Blasphemy. Only real black licorice comes from Scandinavia and FINLAND! If it's not strong enough to give you blisters on your tongue, then it's not real black licorice.
montrith, May 16, 2013, 02:44:38 am
I've never actually had Finnish licorice! I'll make an effort to procure some.

fluffy

• Paid
  • free hugs
I have no mouth and I must scream... #20
Are you crazy people talking about licorice, or salmiak? I've had salmiak once. I'd probably have it again, but only because I have a masochistic streak but can't stand physical pain.

Delcat

• Paid
I have no mouth and I must scream... #21
I friggin' love black licorice but not with a fuckton of salt dumped on it.  There's no call for that.  Cover it in sprinkles and candy coating and weird multicolored candy instead and throw it all in a bag and God how long has it been since I've had liquorice allsorts I am craving so hard now fuck you all

montrith

• Petrodactyl Spotter
  • Internaut
  • You must be this tall to ride
I have no mouth and I must scream... #22
Salty liquorice needs to be salty. Salmiakki needs to be hot and give you ulcers if you eat too much. Anything else is just lying regular candy.

count_actuala

• Real VamPire
  • Paid
  • Do you tend to get a high from human blood?
I have no mouth and I must scream... #23
Some people use salmiakki for evil.