Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:44:14 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: Weepy Lesbian Space Rocks  (Read 36607 times)

Kaleidoscope

• Paid
Weepy Lesbian Space Rocks #60
Would anyone mind if I ranted a bit about 'The Zoo?'

Ragnarok Boobies

• 3viltiki's Spirit Animal
  • Paid
  • "Please insert proof of insurance into slot 'A'."
Weepy Lesbian Space Rocks #61
Would anyone mind if I ranted a bit about 'The Zoo?'
Kaleidoscope, January 26, 2017, 07:35:36 pm
Lay it on me

Kaleidoscope

• Paid
Weepy Lesbian Space Rocks #62
Okay, so the episode 'The Zoo' was good but something about it made me feel really uncomfortable. I'm not sure why but something about the episode made me feel strange when I was watching it. Like when Greg explains to the humans in the zoo about love and choosing your own person, they all automatically get upset. Did no one ever in the whole entire time they have been in that zoo just say "No?"

And even if no one had ever said no, I have a hard time believing that none of those humans never got hurt. It just seemed weird and off to me. That might have been the point but something about that episode just left me feeling weird.

Ragnarok Boobies

• 3viltiki's Spirit Animal
  • Paid
  • "Please insert proof of insurance into slot 'A'."
Weepy Lesbian Space Rocks #63
Okay, so the episode 'The Zoo' was good but something about it made me feel really uncomfortable. I'm not sure why but something about the episode made me feel strange when I was watching it. Like when Greg explains to the humans in the zoo about love and choosing your own person, they all automatically get upset. Did no one ever in the whole entire time they have been in that zoo just say "No?"

And even if no one had ever said no, I have a hard time believing that none of those humans never got hurt. It just seemed weird and off to me. That might have been the point but something about that episode just left me feeling weird.
Kaleidoscope, January 26, 2017, 09:04:46 pm
That episode was a little too Twilight Zone now that you mention it. We do only end up seeing 1 - 2 days of them being there, but it didn't look like they had a bunch of libraries or traditions of oral history hidden behind some of the nearby shrubbery.

Ambious

Weepy Lesbian Space Rocks #64
I'm also pretty sure this was a reference to a lot of old sci-fi shows, the whole thing felt really Star-Trek TOS-y in a sense.
Also I think it was meant to feel jarring, to make you realize how unnatural the whole thing is.

Kaleidoscope

• Paid
Weepy Lesbian Space Rocks #65
Probably.

But the thing where they started crying, like all of them, just felt really odd to me

Runic

• Is Putting A Donk On It
  • Paid
  • John Brown did nothing wrong
Weepy Lesbian Space Rocks #66
Made sense to me. They're basically children. They've never lived a day where they had to make a decision for themselves. Anyone who tried to do so was probably culled or reconditioned ages ago. They're an entire culture who've lived and died for millennia in what amounts to a magical preschool.
Kaleidoscope I Liked That Joke

Kaleidoscope

• Paid
Weepy Lesbian Space Rocks #67
I sometimes forget how dark this show can be

Runic

• Is Putting A Donk On It
  • Paid
  • John Brown did nothing wrong
Weepy Lesbian Space Rocks #68
Yeah, the Human Zoo is pretty fucking horrifying. My sibling pointed out that the humans there have been made into the complete antithesis of everything Rose Quartz loved about humans and the earth, robbed of choice and possibility, forced into a form that fits homeworld's vision of society. It's pretty fucked up!
Amelia Blank

Kaleidoscope

• Paid
Weepy Lesbian Space Rocks #69
And just sad because they were content living that way but at the same time, you know it's wrong

Ambious

Weepy Lesbian Space Rocks #70
OK WOW WTF

KingKalamari

• Cephalopod Enthusiast
  • Paid
  • It's Samba time for Tambo & Weep Day for Urine Man
Weepy Lesbian Space Rocks #71
Welp, the season 5 finale aired last night and I would say it was an absolute A+ episode! The team knocked it out of the park and absolutely killed working in a 40 minute format.

My only concern is that it feels like everything in the series has been pretty much wrapped up in a very nice little package at this point, but apparently there are going to be more episodes after the movie that's coming out later this year? This felt a lot like a straight-up series-finale and I would be entirely content with the resolution of the story if that were the case, I just have no idea where else the series is going to go from here?

I Liked That Joke

• Paid
  • Boy oh boy, there's a lot of good jokes out there!
Weepy Lesbian Space Rocks #72
They kinda zoomed past the complete restructuring of a civilization older than humankind: maybe there's a few kinks to work out? Also wouldn't mind getting to know a little bit more about how and why the gem empire came to be.
I also loved it, btw, especially the body-horror stuff.
I feel like SU is really good about taking time to decompress and examine the effects of events on the individual characters. I feel like the core three crystal gems kinda took a backseat in the last couple arcs, and I'd like to see them come to terms with everything before we close out, although I also feel very satisfied with it as an ending.

Detective Popcorn

• Paid
Weepy Lesbian Space Rocks #73
I had so many feelings for the latest episode. Omg. I listen to the official SU podcast as well. I learned the pivotal moment in the series was animated by James Baxter, known for the sweeping scenes in Beauty and the Beast.

Malten

• Hot Squirt
  • Paid
Weepy Lesbian Space Rocks #74
Sobbing Sapphic Space Stones
eldritchhat