Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:35:18 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: Episode 138: The Sound Quality Is Inaudible  (Read 57349 times)

Lemon

• Whatever happened to Freedom of Speech?
  • Administrator
  • ...IT'S NOW THE MASH!
with Boots Raingear, Jimmyfranks, Isfahan, Frank West, Portaxx, and Lemon.
Content for this episode was compiled by Lady Frenzy.
Edited by Jimmyfranks.
It's easy to wax poetic on the trancendant power of music as an art form. What goes beyond words, beyond thought, and into a pure rhythmic experience can change you irrevocably. And then you hear a Ke$ha song and the wish music never existed. We're looking at extreme audiophiles - people who experience music in such a way that it can only be quantified by large sums of money spent on useless crap. This week, The F Plus ruins your speaker cables with our negative energy.

Runic

• Is Putting A Donk On It
  • Paid
  • John Brown did nothing wrong
Fun Fact: Famous skeptic James Randi famously runs a million dollar challenge where if you can prove that you have some sort of supernatural power to the satisfaction of his panel of experts he will give you a million bucks. He includes proof of the superiority of crazy audiophile cables as one of the options for this challenge. So far nobody has collected.
NotHelpingMatters

McMillan and Waifu

• Paid
  • ruining the black metal scene worldwide
patrick82 has to be one of my favorite crazy people featured on the F Plus. Dude's like Patrick Bateman with happy hardcore and a complete misunderstanding of how the world works instead of Huey Lewis and (maybe) murder fantasies.

WHY WIFE

montrith

• Petrodactyl Spotter
  • Internaut
  • You must be this tall to ride
Just in case somebody is still confused confused, ,- is European shorthand for "this much money, look how cheap". It's mostly used in handwritten price tags on markets and such cause it's faster to write than all those complicated currency symbols.

Cheapskate

• Persnickety fussbudget
  • Paid
Stan Freberg was making fun of these guys fifty years ago.

Geremy Tibbles

• Liquor Dragon
  • Paid
  • DIS GENERATION
TURN UP, THE RAAADIIOOOO

Goose Goose Honk At Me Now

• Can I offer you a Lorna Doone?
  • Paid
  • You have a very flexible torso.
Stan Freberg was making fun of these guys fifty years ago.

Cheapskate, May 31, 2014, 06:40:46 pm
Stan Freberg: comedy prophet?

Also, I can't believe you guys read a comment from someone named "Jean Ray" and didn't make a Time Cube joke.

Lady Frenzy

• ride junk ride drunk
  • Paid
  • Doctor doctor, I've got the lady frenzy
If you liked this episode and you don't go to Patrick82's profile to read more of his posts (or see his Youtube channel to see him in action), you're doing yourself a disservice. His most recent video shows how veganism has improved his virtual pool skills by 500%. Check out his Extreme Chef video too.

P.S. Lemon's delight with my name delights me in return.
Sherman Tank NotHelpingMatters

Mister Smalls

• Steampunk Evita original cast member
  • Paid
I have never been more terrified by an F Plus subject than I have been by Patrick82.  Who, incidentally, has a Bodybuilding.com profile.
Current Supplements: 2 to 1 Protein Bar
Why I Take It: It boosts up my hearing power.
Warning: Do not click that link unless you want to look at Patrick82's gross legs and junk in boxer briefs.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 11:36:59 pm by Mister Smalls »

montrith

• Petrodactyl Spotter
  • Internaut
  • You must be this tall to ride
Patrick82 is amazing. AND he's only one country away from me!

What I do for a living: Making homeless people millionaires

You don't say. Oh, and apparently being a vegan doesn't stop you from eating power cables, useful information I'm sure.

One time I was cutting and taping the ERS Paper while she was sitting in the chair with her rabbits, then she gave me strange looks, I was worried a few times but I still kept taping. One time she came over and said "I use that technique to cut the tape too!" later she came back and said "do you want me to help you?" I said yes and handed over the scissors and tape to her. I couldn't wipe the smile off my face until she asked "WHY are you taping with grey paper?", I panicked and started sweating...I told her they are to protect the rabbits from chewing on the cables. I showed her pictures of cables that were chewed on, and she said she will buy me new cables. I even showed her a chewed on Judge power cable. I chewed on it myself so I would get another one. I didn't hear a reduction in audio quality, it still sounds amazing! As you can see, my new hobby is chewing on Judge power cables.

Oh shit, I just found proof for Portaxx's theory!

Ah I didn't think about that. Instead of using books for mass dampening the vibrations, I use human bodies instead, and they will not even know it.

This guy was in one of Patrick82's threads. It's not quite the same level of insanity, but his post is pretty good too.

I live in Mumbai, India. Conducting several scientific experiments I have determined that the warm smoggy atmosphere is highly conducive to bass heads as it helps to round off top end and smooth out all the lows.
Added bonus is that you can see the bass waves travel through the smog. Nice edfect.

KingKalamari

• Cephalopod Enthusiast
  • Paid
  • It's Samba time for Tambo & Weep Day for Urine Man
If you liked this episode and you don't go to Patrick82's profile to read more of his posts (or see his Youtube channel to see him in action), you're doing yourself a disservice. His most recent video shows how veganism has improved his virtual pool skills by 500%. Check out his Extreme Chef video too.

P.S. Lemon's delight with my name delights me in return.
Lady Frenzy, May 31, 2014, 08:29:48 pm

His other most recent video involves him wearing a painter's respirator mask while he plays virtual pool. That's not the amazing part, though: The amazing part is that he holds a pool cue the entire time and chalks it up between shots. And no, this is not some sort of motion controlled pool game, he's using the mouse and keyboard to play. My assumption is that he applies the same level of magical thinking to this game as to his audio equipment...And to every other aspect of his life.
NotHelpingMatters
« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 04:09:35 pm by KingKalamari »

A Meat

• Artificial Man Pop Seasoning
  • Paid
  • filled with delicious dude meat
I was honestly expecting lossless audio snobbery and people complaining about the plebes that can't hear the difference between FLAC and MP3, but I got something way better.

Patrick82 is basically a character taken straight out of book, it's kind of unbelievable he's actually real.
At this point I'm thinking that the story he's from is one of two:
  • He reveals that he's an angel sent from heaven to create the perfect sound system for the trumpets that herald the end of the world/rapture/whatever, but gets tricked by people because he has a child's innocence.
  • He ends up combining with his sound system in a Videodrome type story, where he must kill people and harvest their organs to make his sound system even better and better.

The thing about all the episodes about whatever flavor of magical talisman of the week like this one are going to have the same conclusion pretty much, which is that people will go out of their way to believe things that clearly don't work (and have no reason to) actually do work, even if told otherwise by the people making the thing.
NotHelpingMatters

Ansemaru

• we put our faith in
  • Paid
  • blast hardcheese
Patrick82 is my new favorite F+ subject. Also my new favorite future serial killer.

A Meat

• Artificial Man Pop Seasoning
  • Paid
  • filled with delicious dude meat
Oh fuck, I visited the site in Patrick82's youtube channel description and there are photos of a mostly naked woman with huge audio cables. What the fuck is going on?

Lady Frenzy

• ride junk ride drunk
  • Paid
  • Doctor doctor, I've got the lady frenzy
The problem with typical audiophile snobbery is it sounds too same-y after a while, there's too much jargon, and it's often WAY too long. These people love to ramble on and on about nothing and it doesn't sound like it would make for good reading. In the doc, I put in a pretentious speaker review and left it at that, because fortunately there was enough crazy to fill it up with. Other snobbery that used to be in there was cut out in favor of more Patrick82.