Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:56:26 pm

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: TV we've been watching lately  (Read 146084 times)

Breakfast

• Most Important Meal
  • Paid
TV we've been watching lately #225
Terrace House! Terrace House! Terrace House! I'm only on episode 18 and I can confidently say that it should be considered the new standard for all reality TV. I seriously can't get enough of this show.
Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop

CormansInferno

• Forsooth! A ravenous ghoul approaches!
  • Paid
TV we've been watching lately #226
I'm looking forward to Hate-watching Dark Archie:

BARK RANGER

• MRS. ASTOR'S PET HORSE
  • Paid
TV we've been watching lately #227
Netflix is stepping it up, Ice Fantasy is insane

It's like an entire series that's just live-action Fantasy RPG cutscenes, but with the kind of acting you'd see in telenovelas or high school plays, and the kind of ADR you'd see in old kaiju movies.  Script is like high-fantasy Mad-Libs, and it looks like 90% of the budget went to costumes.  It's fun but I don't think the fun can last for 60 episodes
Goose Goose Honk At Me Now
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 06:16:48 pm by BARK RANGER »

Malten

• Hot Squirt
  • Paid
TV we've been watching lately #228
Why are so many people raving about Netflix's Series of Unfortunate Events... series? I've watched the first two episodes and it's not captivating me even slightly. Is this just my broken judgement? I don't want to sound like an asshole. Is it one of those things that gets a lot better? The titty joke made me laugh.

I Liked That Joke

• Paid
  • Boy oh boy, there's a lot of good jokes out there!
TV we've been watching lately #229
Why are so many people raving about Netflix's Series of Unfortunate Events... series? I've watched the first two episodes and it's not captivating me even slightly. Is this just my broken judgement? I don't want to sound like an asshole. Is it one of those things that gets a lot better? The titty joke made me laugh.
Tose, January 19, 2017, 09:47:02 pm

I really liked the series, but it took me a little while to get into it because there's a lot of awful green screen in the first couple that kept pulling me out of it. It's possible that the only reason I like it is because I read the books when I was younger. I also liked the way they implemented Snicket's asides to the reader.

bubbleuj

• Paid
TV we've been watching lately #230
I can't recommend Those Who Can't enough.

It's a great show and it features the Grawlix which is a Denver based group.

It's been described as It's always sunny but with teachers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5uKUg7FLq4

Patterns

• An actual venture capitalist worth supporting
  • Paid
TV we've been watching lately #231
I am way behind the curve and have just gotten into Black Mirror, which is a very good show. What's nice about it is not having to watch every episode, I can just watch the ones that I think have interesting premises without worrying about losing a narrative thread.

BARK RANGER

• MRS. ASTOR'S PET HORSE
  • Paid
TV we've been watching lately #232
  Did Fox Sports buy the rights to Westminster Doggo show just to shit the bed? This isn't coverage of a century-spanning tradition, this is a third-rate Tim and Eric sketch. Disney-ass infographics, filming judge's backs for 10+ seconds during each dog's announcement, constant cuts to the audience... and why include a segment mentioning 9/11 without even contextualizing it with rescue dogs?  Why is Chris Myers here? Is this Footbaw Congress: Good Boy Edition? 
chai tea latte

CormansInferno

• Paid
TV we've been watching lately #233
April 15th!

Yavuz

Patterns

• An actual venture capitalist worth supporting
  • Paid
TV we've been watching lately #234
This MBMBAM show is pretty good, actually
Achilles' Heelies Shigan

bubbleuj

• Paid
TV we've been watching lately #235
I just started watching The Mick and Superior Donuts.

Both of them have only a few episode but they're surprisingly strong,

The Mick is pretty heartwarming while also being good for trashy humour!

Superior Donuts is just straight up heartwarming. So if you like Mike and Molly, you'll probably like that show.

chai tea latte

• TheftBot is, simply put, a fully sentient robot for stealing automatic teller machines
  • Paid
  • (ATMs) from nearby convenience stores.
TV we've been watching lately #236
If you like reality tv or game shows, I can't recommend South Korean The Genius enough. It's a weekly elimination show but the contestants are all already famous, so people aren't trying to make their name with how they perform on the show, and the prize pool is relatively meager so it becomes much more sporting and equitable than many other competition game shows. Also, it's all game theory games with an emphasis on both teamwork and individual excellence, so there's a very high level of competition. I would personally say this is the best reality game show that exists, and the best game show on TV, narrowly edging out Jeopardy!. Season one is available (subbed) on Youtube, and seasons two through four are on Dailymotion. I 100% recommend watching it, and if you don't like it by the end of the second episode, you never will. I've gotten a few people on this forum into the show and I would like to extend the opportunity to get into it to more people. It really, honestly is the best reality TV game show in the entire world.

Here is the first episode:
Zekka
« Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 07:33:05 am by ~chai~ »

Eider Duck

• Eats nothing but mussels
  • Paid
  • And has weird corkscrew genitals
TV we've been watching lately #237
If you want a fun period piece crime series starring a woman who kicks ass and looks fabulous while doing so, Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries is quite good. Just watched the first 2 episodes on Netflix and I quite enjoy it.

CormansInferno

• Paid
TV we've been watching lately #238
Waiting in line for Samurai Jack premiere + Q&A w/ Genndy.

Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop

• Trill Lesh
  • Paid
  • 12 cellphones and I look like kurt angle
TV we've been watching lately #239
First two seasons of Lucha Underground on Netflix now, you should watch it if you ever enjoyed wrestling, it's wild
znarf