Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:52:43 pm

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: Lighthouse  (Read 4870 times)

Lemon

• Whatever happened to Freedom of Speech?
  • Administrator
  • ...IT'S NOW THE MASH!
Lighthouse

Lemon

• Administrator
  • ...IT'S NOW THE MASH!
Lighthouse #1
Call it.

That remaining 6 points is mainly in the Offline State mode. Basically, you can define an offline page for times when your visitor doesn't have an internet signal, and direct them to that page whenever that connection is flaky.

I did try to make that happen, but that routing engine was getting confused by cookies and login states and was dropping connections, which is obviously a bad thing for forum software to do. After realizing I'd have to rewrite a bunch of stuff to make that work, I dropped the whole idea, which means you'll never see this offline page, and that's okay.

Boots Raingear

• BBQ Man-Pop
  • Administrator
  • CEO of Victor's basement
Lighthouse #2
Playing Metal Slug by yourself on an iPad paints a vivid picture of loneliness.
A Meat Sherman Tank

Lemon

• Administrator
  • ...IT'S NOW THE MASH!
Lighthouse #3
So, related to this, please tell me if the ballp.it experience is noticeably better/worse for you - particularly on a mobile device.

My goal is always to make this thing run better, but a lot of times I'm playing with technology I've never used before and hopefully I'm not breaking anything in the process.

Peartee

• Paid
  • "Welp"
Lighthouse #4
So, related to this, please tell me if the ballp.it experience is noticeably better/worse for you - particularly on a mobile device.Lemon, May 09, 2017, 03:52:55 pm

I use ballp.it only on mobile and even though my relative experience with the forum is small I've not noticed anything off.
This might be the most unhelpful comment, but hey.
Lemon

Emperor Jack Chick

• he/him
  • Ridiculist
  • Metal tyrant from hell
Lighthouse #5
So, related to this, please tell me if the ballp.it experience is noticeably better/worse for you - particularly on a mobile device.

My goal is always to make this thing run better, but a lot of times I'm playing with technology I've never used before and hopefully I'm not breaking anything in the process.
Lemon, May 09, 2017, 03:52:55 pm

so you're saying you'd like me to open this website and try to find errors using IE11?

Ambious

Lighthouse #6
So I now have a shortcut to ballpit directly from my home screen and it launches quicker than Chrome on my shitty old tablet (that's probably an illusion) and takes larger screen real estate and requires less clicks from my lazy ass to get ballpitting.
Thanks Lemon!
Lemon

Sherman Tank

• Licensed Kadir-Buxton Method Practitioner
  • Associate Tag Director, East
  • I'm over 30 years old and I like fried chicken.
Lighthouse #7
Ballp.it runs very well on my iPhone on the rare occasions I use it to access anything on the web.
Lemon