Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:35:26 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: 190: Welcome To Planet Thumbsucker  (Read 13004 times)

STOG

• im baby
  • Ridiculist
  • thiis is bernie bro, to me
190: Welcome To Planet Thumbsucker #15
A LIST OF SOUNDTRACKS TO GO WITH YOUR HORRIBLE SLURPING AND SUCKING NOISES WHILE AT COLLEGE:

The Night of the Living Dead movie soundtrack
The Day of the Dead movie soundtrack
The Dawn of the Dead movie soundtrack (1978)
The Zombi 2 soundtrack (by Fabio Frizzi)
Halloween soundtrack
The Thing soundtrack
The Exorcist soundtrack
Psycho soundtrack
Prince of Darkness soundtrack
Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer soundtrack
A Nightmare on Elm Street soundtrack
Do you see where I'm going with this you creepy baby man The Soundtrack
CaptainLaserPants
« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 09:47:53 am by STOG »

Boots Raingear

• BBQ Man-Pop
  • Administrator
  • CEO of Victor's basement
190: Welcome To Planet Thumbsucker #16
I got a kick out of Jonandra spelling "Je ne sais quoi" as "Je ne C'est qua" and have found myself quietly saying "I don't it's qua" to myself over the last couple of weeks. It's a bit stuck in my brain.
chai tea latte AlbieQuirky

LINDA

• the 49th unbreakable gstring
  • Paid
190: Welcome To Planet Thumbsucker #17
I'm going to focus on lemon's queens of the stone age reference because everything else about this episode is upsetting.

Nikaer Drekin

• One-Man Nic Cage Fan Club
  • Paid
  • "My burrito is a big deal"
190: Welcome To Planet Thumbsucker #18
I'm going to focus on lemon's queens of the stone age reference because everything else about this episode is upsetting.
eudo, September 29, 2015, 12:02:53 pm

Uh, what

I am a huge QOTSA fan and completely missed it- I guess that's incentive to listen again!

Also, it occurred to me while I was listening: is this the oldest content you guys have read? Apart from the one with, like, James Joyce's dirty letters and stuff like that.

LINDA

• the 49th unbreakable gstring
  • Paid
190: Welcome To Planet Thumbsucker #19
I am a huge QOTSA fan and completely missed it
Nikaer Drekin, September 29, 2015, 04:37:58 pm

For shame.

Mu.

• Paid
190: Welcome To Planet Thumbsucker #20
The Thumb-Sucker Mash is one of funniest things I've heard in ages.

Caroline

• The Warren Buffett of snuggling
  • Paid
  • More spaceship than rabbit
190: Welcome To Planet Thumbsucker #21
When I was about thirteen years old there was a girl in my class who used to suck her thumb so much that it was permanently wrinkled, pale and pruny. Sort of like how they depict drowning victims on TV shows. This might have been my imagination, but I swear it was also larger than her other thumb. Sometimes I wonder what happened to her.

Cheapskate

• Persnickety fussbudget
  • Paid
190: Welcome To Planet Thumbsucker #22
This episode brought to you by an enterprising orthodontist.

RedMinjo

• Paid
  • Which of these houses is the most blue?
190: Welcome To Planet Thumbsucker #23
I don't know if Cracked was always kind of bad and dumb, if it was just me previously not thinking that, but here we are:

http://www.cracked.com/blog/4-weird-realities-life-as-adult-thumb-sucker/

Nikaer Drekin

• One-Man Nic Cage Fan Club
  • Paid
  • "My burrito is a big deal"
190: Welcome To Planet Thumbsucker #24
I don't know if Cracked was always kind of bad and dumb, if it was just me previously not thinking that, but here we are:

http://www.cracked.com/blog/4-weird-realities-life-as-adult-thumb-sucker/
RedMinjo, October 11, 2015, 01:14:24 pm

I don't know how long it's been going on, but they did recently post an article called "5 Minorities It's Still OK to Mock For Some Reason" which included the elderly and Trans people.

And also furries.

chai tea latte

• TheftBot is, simply put, a fully sentient robot for stealing automatic teller machines
  • Paid
  • (ATMs) from nearby convenience stores.
190: Welcome To Planet Thumbsucker #25
Almost all Cracked content is crowdsourced and edited to fit the site's argot, they barely write anything themselves and haven't for a while. So it's kinda weird imo to act like they have a consistent voice or ethos beyond, yeah, shitty jokes and listicles. Think about the kinda person who writes for Cracked, on spec. That's where these opinions come from!

montrith

• Petrodactyl Spotter
  • Internaut
  • You must be this tall to ride
190: Welcome To Planet Thumbsucker #26
The "quality" of a Cracked article is pretty much dependent on the person writing it, who could be anyone at all. Sometimes an article can be interesting but I'd never go there assuming I'm getting any kind of unbiased/factual information.

Cleretic

• Russian Roulette Silver Medalist
  • Paid
190: Welcome To Planet Thumbsucker #27
I've tried to write for Cracked, and it was actually a really frustrating experience. Everything I pitched was put under a microscope, with the editorial team really going over how interesting this could potentially be, and thowing out a lot. Some of it was fair enough (if you want interesting stories on why video game content was cut, yeah, the Czar Dragon doesn't work), but in others it was really frustratingly baseless (one entry about Dark Souls was thrown out because only one person who looked at the pitch played it, and he forgot who the character was). But it did feel, for better or worse, really rigorous.

...Then while I was trying to think of more things to put forward, they published an article that claimed that Donkey Kong was put into Punch-Out Wii, 'a sequel to a single NES game nobody really remembers', as a racist joke about Mike Tyson. Which is one of those statements so comprehensively incorrect that it's nearly impossible to argue against. I was busting my ass trying to produce interesting, unique, referenced and factually correct things to put in my article, not getting past the first step in the process, and meanwhile that gets through the whole system with not one person even giving the slightest look at how blatantly false it all was.

So, yeah. Fuck Cracked.
Mu. RoeCocoa

CaptainLaserPants

• Paid
  • Pew-pew!
190: Welcome To Planet Thumbsucker #28
I wish that Cracked article was around when I submitted the doc. Looks like it's making a resurgence, guys.

Isfahan

• Ask me about AKs.
  • Ridiculist
  • Trouble with customers? Isfahano cares.
190: Welcome To Planet Thumbsucker #29
In the Q&A session, since Adam was reading his "Q"s aloud but JW wasn't reading his "A"s, after a while it started to sound like one of the people in the conversation just had a really weird verbal tic.