Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 11:49:59 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: Episode 121: A Not At All Brief History Of Dozerfleet  (Read 46245 times)

Tiny Prancer

• Tiny and angry
  • Paid
  • please be more respectable to physics
the sims is pretty benign except for the fact that gay relationships can happen in it and people can be naked and have casual sex, which I'm sure boils his parsnips to the highest degree. I'm sure he and his family have done absolutely everything to make sure that doesn't happen in his games, though. (unless maybe he legitimately doesn't realize those are possibilities in the game).

Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop

• Trill Lesh
  • Paid
  • 12 cellphones and I look like kurt angle
Won't be / the next victim / for you! /
I'd prefer / to think that / I can / run you through! /

So what / you hate me? / No more Real Nice Guy! /
Baby / die die die!!! /

(Die die!!!)

Dragged me / deep into the / mud enough! /
Now I'll / make my comeback / and I'll / strut my stuff! /

Time for payback, / gonna / make you cry! /
Then you'll / die die die!!! /

Der Trommelngleech, January 15, 2014, 09:36:56 pm
y'know, people always say the misfits went down hill after danzig left.

Navigator

• Currently Sitting Way Too Close to a Toaster
  • Paid
  • I live inside of a tree and I don't need anybody.
(unless maybe he legitimately doesn't realize those are possibilities in the game).
Tiny Prancer, January 17, 2015, 05:38:37 pm

Holy fuck, thank you so much for making me do that research. I decided to take a look at whether Utterly Sims (A production of Dozerfleet Labs) was a site where he created downloadable mods, or just a site where he posted screencaps of his sim stories. As it turns out, he created downloadable mods, most of which were initially posted on a site called Mod The Sims.

Mod The Sims was the site that I myself spent a disproportionate amount of time on during high school, since they had clothes for my sims I could actually stand to look at. However, Neither I nor the overwhelming majority of people on MTS lean quite so conservative as Mr. Founder, and indeed he ended up throwing a fit and leaving MTS after a while. (He later went back, probably because it's the only sims mod site anybody pays attention to anymore.) Among the skyscrapers of text, he lists some of his reasons for leaving.

The Dozerfleet founder in particular found it more pragmatic to create Utterly Sims (later DzMD) at The Dozerfleet Forum as an alternative to having to constantly try to force every single download and screenshot to meet MTS standards.

Mods were still primarily hosted at MTS2 at this point. However, negotiations were beginning to break down when [a Moderator] began intercepting more and more uploads, finding increasingly arbitrary reasons to reject uploads. The Generation: Hot Coffee T-shirt was rejected not because the joke of a single literal coffee mug was ruled weak; but because the screenshots were "underwhelming." Attempts to re-upload with much better screenshots also failed, with other reasons given.

MTS standards basically boil down to "we need to be able to see what we're downloading, and also we'd appreciate it if your mod didn't look like complete shit". Also, the Generation Hot Coffee shirt page blew me away, because it's a shirt he made to make fun of the lawyer who tried to start that shit about a GTA mod/nudity in the sims that wasn't really there back in 2005.

The page has almost nothing to do with the shirt, and instead spends three paragraphs defending the Sims mod communities, and then he lists every mod in existence that can be used to add sexual content to the game, and the usernames of the people who made them.

Pubic hair only exists when skintone default over-rides by artists such as Helaene are installed.
    The "woohoo" animations are not very graphic, as Sims become (mostly) invisible when they have sex in any setting.
        They will always magically slip into their underwear.
        They will only get naked for sex if hacks by the likes of TwoJeffs and Squinge are installed.
        The "make out" animations are most often used for sex scenes by storytellers, who avoid showing anything below the stomach line as the legs never align properly to imply anything else.
    As of the University expansion pack, the bug patch released by Maxis disables the censor cheat. The only way players can get around it is with a censor hack, such as the one generated by Dave Luv’s SeeThem 2.31 from SimSky.
    Maxis was very careful to code children in the game so that while hackers can make children nude, children have no concept of romantic interaction.

So, yes. Yes, he absolutely knows those are options in the game. And he doesn't seem to have too big of a problem with it.

« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 10:14:56 pm by Navigator »

Muffinator

• Paid
So uh, he seems to have written his own TVtropes page.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/DarthWiki/StationeryVoyagers

SHAMBA~1.SBB

• I love dungs!!
  • Paid
  • ƨtupid cat
That's actually what first brought him to our little corner of the Internet.  Someone posted a link to that page in one of the last big TV Tropes threads at Something Awful, and that's how Cheapskate (echopapa over there) and everyone else there found out about Dozerfleet.

Edit: I just realized that it was just under two months between that and the first F+ Dozerfleet episode.  Impressive.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2017, 01:07:52 am by Sham bam bamina! »

Sherman Tank

• Licensed Kadir-Buxton Method Practitioner
  • Associate Tag Director, East
  • I'm over 30 years old and I like fried chicken.
God, I remember when that thread first discovered Dozerfleet. I kind of skipped over the first few mentions then there was a sci-fi story about pens and I was confused and scared.
A Meat SHAMBA~1.SBB

Vinny Possum

• Garfield's cosmic love katana.
  • Paid
Candi takes pity on him, and after the couple succumb to their sexual desires a few times, Candi begins questioning why they haven't married yet. Donte also reveals that he promised a friend that if that friend and his wife both died, he'd adopt their son. But a pesky gay couple that's stalking Donte won't let that happen, and the judge will only rule in Candi and Donte's favor if they agree to marry.
Lemon Sherman Tank

Lemon

• Whatever happened to Freedom of Speech?
  • Administrator
  • ...IT'S NOW THE MASH!
Donte?

Vinny Possum

• Garfield's cosmic love katana.
  • Paid
Donte's Invierno