Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 09:06:42 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: 162: Eee! Pinions!  (Read 10926 times)

Lemon

• Whatever happened to Freedom of Speech?
  • Administrator
  • ...IT'S NOW THE MASH!
162: Eee! Pinions!
with Boots Raingear Victor Laszlo STOG Frank West and Lemon
content for this episode was compiled by Montrith
edited by Lemon.

"Caveat Emptor" the old adage says, but that adage is in Latin and doesn't mention the drive-thru window, so it might as well not even exist. We're looking at two different sites: ePinions and MeasuredUp, two different places on the internet where consumers can demand their voice be heard. Of course, nobody's actually going to pay any attention, but they can certainly demand it nonetheless. This week, we're all worried about Dimmy.

MUSIC USED:
Mr Little Jeans - Good Mistake
DEVO - Wiggly World

Navigator

• Currently Sitting Way Too Close to a Toaster
  • Paid
  • I live inside of a tree and I don't need anybody.
162: Eee! Pinions! #1
STOG's graphics card installation instructions are the funniest thing I have ever heard on this podcast.

Geremy Tibbles

• Liquor Dragon
  • Paid
  • DIS GENERATION
162: Eee! Pinions! #2
"Dupes getting duped" needs to be a tag for this shit.

RedMinjo

• Paid
  • Which of these houses is the most blue?
162: Eee! Pinions! #3
re: the first reading -

Down10

• Square Pusher
  • Paid
162: Eee! Pinions! #4
Epinions has been around a long time (since 1999!). When I discovered it long ago, it helped me realized that anything with an e- prefix is a discounted version of something otherwise respectable: E-mail, e-photos, epinions, e-famous, e-friends, etc.

chai tea latte

• TheftBot is, simply put, a fully sentient robot for stealing automatic teller machines
  • Paid
  • (ATMs) from nearby convenience stores.
162: Eee! Pinions! #5
Epinions has been around a long time (since 1999!). When I discovered it long ago, it helped me realized that anything with an e- prefix is a discounted version of something otherwise respectable: E-mail
Down10, January 11, 2015, 02:55:40 am

ahaha oh my god, are you like eighty? this is adorable

e: also STOG is particularly on point this episode. thanks STOG!
strifeheart

count_actuala

• Real VamPire
  • Paid
  • Do you tend to get a high from human blood?
162: Eee! Pinions! #6
I'm really puzzled by the Wal Mart one. To even consider making that complaint you have to feel such an intense personal connection to something that you feel downright betrayed when it doesn't behave in a way that lines up totally with your core beliefs. And this person has allied their heart with... Wal Mart? Really? That's so bizarre to me that I had to pause the podcast and just. Reflect.

KingKalamari

• Cephalopod Enthusiast
  • Paid
  • It's Samba time for Tambo & Weep Day for Urine Man
162: Eee! Pinions! #7
"But I'm afraid your kids will be too busy making fun of Bill Nye's unruly hair"

Wait, was the Mr. Wizard guy talking about Bill Nye or did he get that show confused with Beakman's World?

strifeheart

• a mixture of gravity and waggery
  • Paid
162: Eee! Pinions! #8
"But I'm afraid your kids will be too busy making fun of Bill Nye's unruly hair"

Wait, was the Mr. Wizard guy talking about Bill Nye or did he get that show confused with Beakman's World?
KingKalamari, January 11, 2015, 02:52:59 pm

That's what I was wondering!

Lemon

• Whatever happened to Freedom of Speech?
  • Administrator
  • ...IT'S NOW THE MASH!
162: Eee! Pinions! #9
I'm really puzzled by the Wal Mart one. [...]
THE TRUE JUICE, January 11, 2015, 02:00:37 pm

It's even more confusing because her central complaint is that Wal Mart (along with many other companies) stopped advertising during Glenn Beck's programming. So, this isn't even a matter of "you're doing things I don't support". This woman considered (which means she didn't do it, but she considered) boycotting the only store that she ever shops at, specifically because that store doesn't give money to the show she likes.

Like, hey I like that new Jon Oliver show and I want it to get a second season, so get an HBO subscription or we are fucking done you and me.

Runic

• Is Putting A Donk On It
  • Paid
  • John Brown did nothing wrong
162: Eee! Pinions! #10
To be fair that new John Oliver shot is pretty fucking fantastic.

Nikaer Drekin

• One-Man Nic Cage Fan Club
  • Paid
  • "My burrito is a big deal"
162: Eee! Pinions! #11
The Leonardo DiCaprio complainer is so clueless about movie production that it actually sort of becomes adorable. So, as far as I understand, the actors shoot for two months, then the rest of the crew has to stick around and film empty rooms for eight more months?

Anyways, I haven't finished the episode yet, but goddamn, Boots is really on fire!

John Toast

• The original Fat Voiceâ„¢
  • Ridiculist
  • Cover me in syrup. I'm delicious.
162: Eee! Pinions! #12
The Leonardo DiCaprio complainer is so clueless about movie production that it actually sort of becomes adorable. So, as far as I understand, the actors shoot for two months, then the rest of the crew has to stick around and film empty rooms for eight more months? Nikaer Drekin, January 11, 2015, 09:42:28 pm
I personally loved the idea that Leonardo Dicaprio's salary was bankrupting the country. You know, because the federal government is just 20 to 40 million away from really figuring this whole budget thing out.

Isfahan

• Ask me about AKs.
  • Ridiculist
  • Trouble with customers? Isfahano cares.
162: Eee! Pinions! #13
Well, with 20 to 40 million they could have been able to finally hire enough budget monster cockysts to tell them what's wrong and recommend a plan for fixing it. Then, per usual with bureaucracy in general and government bureaucracy in particular, they would ignore the consultant's recommendations and stay the course, thereby wasting the money they used to hire the consultants in the first place.

Not that I speak from experience or anything.

goombapolice

• a muscular, cum producing MONSTER
  • Paid
162: Eee! Pinions! #14
So was wantoldkraftback implying they bought at least ten one gallon tubs of ranch a month?