Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:13:32 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: Episode 130: Achievement Unlocked: Downloaded Podcast (40G)  (Read 32536 times)

Lemon

• Whatever happened to Freedom of Speech?
  • Administrator
  • ...IT'S NOW THE MASH!
with Boots Raingear, Bunnybread, Kumquatxop, and Lemon.

Content for this episode was compiled by Montrith

Edited by Boots Raingear.

When the internet shrunk our world, it became easier for everyone to compare their own lives against those of their peers and, invariably, feel meloncholy about what they've become and eat a bunch of ice cream. But there are those who rise above this sort of thing, and they are called gamers, or more accurrately, ---+==G4/\/\RZ==+-----. We're looking at True Achievements, a site that assigned each man a number, and then quickly went back to playing Halo again. This week, Mario Lopez steals your girl.

Lemon

• Whatever happened to Freedom of Speech?
  • Administrator
  • ...IT'S NOW THE MASH!
SHAMBA~1.SBB

montrith

• Petrodactyl Spotter
  • Internaut
  • You must be this tall to ride
Hey everyone! This is the episode that Lemon kidnapped, so the doc pretty much looks like shit. Blame him, not me. We had many interesting conversations about cheevos and when I showed Lemon Bboy360 it was love at first sight. Excellent work on the puns in this one. "Not the cheevs!" was a stroke of genius.

A Meat

• Artificial Man Pop Seasoning
  • Paid
  • filled with delicious dude meat
I wish Steam Achievements gave some sort of fictional points too. Mostly so that the Xbox fanboys can argue endlessly with PC fanboys about which platform's cheevos are worth more.

Also, Steam has some games with literally impossible achievements, and I'd like to see idiots breaking their heads trying to get all 1297 achievements on ToME.

I've just listened to the episode and I already want another fix of cheevos. Listening to people claiming that their time-waste points are like pheromones to the chicks is kind of amazing.

Ansemaru

• we put our faith in
  • Paid
  • blast hardcheese
This is looking like a portal to the year 2005, and it is fucking glorious. Let's preserve this bizarre, time-warped community in digital amber- future generations must know of this.

STOG

• im baby
  • Ridiculist
  • thiis is bernie bro, to me
I wish Steam Achievements gave some sort of fictional points too. Mostly so that the Xbox fanboys can argue endlessly with PC fanboys about which platform's cheevos are worth more.
A Meat, March 14, 2014, 04:19:11 am

There is! It's called Steam Levels. You get XP and upgrade your Steam level by completing trading card sets! And you get emoticons as rewards!!!

Also you can sell the individual trading cards for eight cents a pop, perfect for building up towards some extremely small game purchase during one of the sales.

EDIT: There are also Foil cards, which are rare and sell for one to five dollars. I was able to wrangle six bucks out of some poor sucker on the market due to the card being extremely rare (read: I was the only seller). There is absolutely no benefit to Foil cards except they are really good at deflecting the negs from other Steam card enthusiasts at the gamer bar.
Fanzay Lemon A Meat
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 10:09:51 am by STOG »

A Meat

• Artificial Man Pop Seasoning
  • Paid
  • filled with delicious dude meat
A Meat, March 14, 2014, 04:19:11 am

There is! It's called Steam Levels. You get XP and upgrade your Steam level by completing trading card sets! And you get emoticons as rewards!!!

Also you can sell the individual trading cards for eight cents a pop, perfect for building up towards some extremely small game purchase during one of the sales.

EDIT: There are also Foil cards, which are rare and sell for one to five dollars. I was able to wrangle six bucks out of some poor sucker on the market due to the card being extremely rare (read: I was the only seller). There is absolutely no benefit to Foil cards except they are really good at deflecting the negs from other Steam card enthusiasts at the gamer bar.
STOG, March 14, 2014, 09:58:07 am

How did I forget? I've gotten like four bucks from this dumb thing already. Who would even want a Rome: Total War emoticon anyways? I wish I got a foil card, I like getting money for doing nothing.

Edit: Are there actually any cool emoticons/badges?
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 11:59:00 am by A Meat »

STOG

• im baby
  • Ridiculist
  • thiis is bernie bro, to me
Edit: Are there actually any cool emoticons/badges?
A Meat, March 14, 2014, 11:51:51 am

Emoticons are never cool. Except for the animated cat on the keyboard I can make in Skype, but other than that they are not worth it.

I don't think there are any cool badges, but the developers and Valve do get an extra cent or two every time an item is bought/sold from the market. I have no hard and fast rules for badges other than I get ones for games I like with the eighty cents I've made from selling the cards I don't want. Then I use the fifty cents or so I have remaining to buy 1/4th of a shot of gamer whiskey.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 01:07:28 pm by STOG »

Fanzay

• Failson Prime
  • Paid
  • Turned on is the wrong word

Spacebat

• The Friedrich Nietzsche of Snuggling
  • Paid

chai tea latte Cyberventurer

Runic

• Is Putting A Donk On It
  • Paid
  • John Brown did nothing wrong
Okay, so there is one cool emote.

EDIT: I checked, and the price of that emote on the Steam Workshop is about twice of the price of the actual game that it comes from. Capitalism!
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 05:11:28 pm by Runic »

Runic

• Paid
Listening to this now. Bunnybread was an absolutely perfect choice for this episode.

One Of The Crappy Pokemon That Nobody Likes

• Oh no it's the "The-World-Owes-Me-A-Living Lads"!!
  • Ridiculist
  • RARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARR
I like how the cheevos movie is very adamant about one thing: The girl WILL go after the guy who accomplishes the silliest nerd thing. She's attracted to gamerscore, and the plucky young hero's best shot is to MAKE UP FOR THE GAMERSCORE... through breakdance.

This is how women act, you guys.

Also I want to point out that I know folks who are the absolute best at video games* and I have never heard the term "cheevos" before this episode. What in the fresh hell???

* Other than you, Bunnybread.

KingKalamari

• Cephalopod Enthusiast
  • Paid
  • It's Samba time for Tambo & Weep Day for Urine Man
It's funny because recently I've been thinking about soloing Borderlands 2 on Ultimate Vault Hunter mode so I've been doing some farming for Legendaries. To help myself I decided to check the Gearbox Forums for advice on how best to farm and was awestruck by the posts I saw of people talking about farming this game for items for eight hours a day. I was just like "Who the fuck does that?"

...Now I know

Runic

• Paid
Also, is there any particular reason why this episode and the one before it did not have a front bumper?