Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 05:34:01 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: Carol  (Read 3268 times)

Ambious

Carol
Who here lesbians?
Seriously though, this movie is amazing.
Cate Blanchett is amazing and her chemistry with Rooney Mara is the best I've seen on-screen in, well... ever!
Everything in this movie, be it the exceptional characters, the wonderful imagery, the costumes, the sets, the cars - it's all incredibly breathtaking, yet doesn't detract from the real and powerful and sweeping love story at its center.
10/10 - watch this movie!

ETA: Nominated for 9 motha-fucking BAFTA's!

ETA 2: Nominated for 5 Academy Awards as well! (although snubbed from a "best picture" nomination)

« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 07:52:50 pm by Ambious »

chai tea latte

• TheftBot is, simply put, a fully sentient robot for stealing automatic teller machines
  • Paid
  • (ATMs) from nearby convenience stores.
Carol #1
it's really really good, i cried a lot

Yavuz

• Fave: Heavily Excessive Prekumquatxop
  • Paid
  • whats up you cem loving fuck
Carol #2
From what I've heard, it's amazing. I'm hoping they'll offer it at the free movie theater on campus in the next few months.

Kaleidoscope

• Paid
Carol #3
I've heard nothing but good things about this movie. I am also a fan of Cate. Maybe I can drag my boyfriend to go see it with me.

Ambious

Carol #4
I've heard nothing but good things about this movie. I am also a fan of Cate. Maybe I can drag my boyfriend to go see it with me.
Kaleidoscope Eyes, January 08, 2016, 04:36:54 pm

Just tell him it's about lesbians

Lemon

• Whatever happened to Freedom of Speech?
  • Administrator
  • ...IT'S NOW THE MASH!
Carol #5
Ambious, January 14, 2016, 07:53:15 pm

That's assuming her boyfriend has not seen enough movies about lesbians to conclude that isn't necessarily a seal of quality.

I tried to write that without double negatives.

Ambious

Carol #6
Ambious, January 14, 2016, 07:53:15 pm

That's assuming her boyfriend has not seen enough movies about lesbians to conclude that isn't necessarily a seal of quality.

I tried to write that without double negatives.
Lemon, January 15, 2016, 03:26:26 pm

There's a running joke in the lesbian community about how any lesbian film can either be good or have no-one die in it, but never both.
Carol managed to have both