Snakes In The Ball Pit > Yay, I get to talk about me!

I'm drunk and have things to say. *hiccup*

<< < (150/173) > >>

bubbleuj:
I just want to talk to other people 2ho are also drunk? Why isn't there like Twitter for drunk people?
thelizzerd, May 16, 2021, 07:44:25 pm
--- End quote ---

I use discord for that. Love to vc with 12 other people shooting the shit and then playing jackbox

Emperor Jack Chick:
Hi I'm  sorry for vagueposting ten dollar secret threads but I'm here to say that I'm sick of feeling like my music tastes are shameful because they're mainstream. I'm just here because I'm drunk as hell and this is the thread for drunk as hell people.

Muse are good. Yeah I was listening to them while making shit art in the art course I failed at 16. The CD of The Uprising was the best birthday present I got that year. I don't give a shit if they're not niche or groundbreaking or whatever, the music was fucking good.

I was a fucking insufferable le wrong generation "Led Zeppelin are the only band worth listening to" piece of shit child. I transcribed the lyrics to Stairway to Heaven and every conversation I steered to the point where I could say "lets consult The Bible" and pulled them out like they would somehow be relevant and make me look cool. I wanted you to feel bad for liking things, and that's the kind of thing a turd wants.

Do not let that arsehole child make you feel bad for listening to stuff that sounds good. That's literally the whole point of music and the idea that you should feel bad for succumbing is completely insane and somehow incredibly prevalent.

It is not terrible that you are listening to Butterflies and Hurricanes. I;m listenign to Hysteria right now and it fucking owns so hard. You're not the coolest dudest dude on the entire planet and you don't have to be. The ultimate goal is to have a good time and not make the world a worse place. That's the win condition of life in the hellverse that we find ourselves in.

If you are listening to an mp3 you enjoy then congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!! You win and 12 year old ChrisGainesFan loses and that is the way the world should be. Have a nice evening,
ChrisGainesFan, July 08, 2021, 06:43:24 pm
--- End quote ---

i like muse. they were great live!

also I'm assuming you're not talking about Hysteria, the Def Leppard album, but you should be cause that album owns

Spenny:
do you all remember the bodymods episode? do you remember skin pocket? i have a dream (nightmare) where i have the skin pocket probably once every 6 months. always left hip because i keep my phone in my left pocket.

Macho Masc Sangy Savage:
Not terribly proud of it, but I ended up drinking just to get myself to sit down and finish up some freelance work and I hate how effective it was. Granted, it's a small sliver between "lessened anxiety and ADHD" and "badly designing while drunk" but it worked - tonight, at least.

I wish I could isolate exactly what makes things easier while drunk, because this is 100% not a long-term solution. I'm sure my therapist would enjoy it too, as she very professionally lost her squash at me today. Which is fair, I'm very annoyed at me too. It's hard to explain or justify "my brain knows exactly the right action and all of the consequences, but just plain refuses to act". It's dumb!!

Here's hoping I figure it out, so I can support all of the very lovely and amazing people who have helped me. I love them very much and I at least want to be better enough to help them, you know?

Semantic Weeb:
My partner and I spent the afternoon researching the 46 candidates on the ballot in the CA recall, then got drunk and presented our findings to each other. It was great.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version